I guess it's me then...

Discussion in 'Combat Medic' started by Qasar, Jul 20, 2013.

1. Qasar

So, recently, I've decided I want to try NC on my server. Haven't had much luck finding an Outfit I like on TR and I also wanted a change of pace.

My TR Medic has pretty much topped out on all the essentials: Tool, ability, my beloved TAR, Nanoweave 4, both bricks of C4, etc.

I hop over to NC with the specific idea of playing HA. I've put a ton of hours into Inf, Medic and LA already, I want something new! I want to sling bullets down field with abandon!

So, I hop into action and what do I see? Skulls everywhere and not a CM in site. I don't want to grind that out again! I want to do something new! But yet... those skulls... those health bars...

Sigh, I guess it's me then...
  2. Isokon

Your heart says: "I want to play class X!"
    Your brain says: "But we don't need class X right now, we need class Y!"

Good luck solving that conflict. I have not been able to.
    • Up x 2
  3. Mostadio

The same thing happens to me. I try out HA or LA thinking that it'll be awesome... and then I'm at half HP after a firefight cowering in a corner trying to use some consumable while being surrounded by my dead friends. I think to myself, I would rather be pressing the F button while I haul *** to the next person I'm going to kill with all my rezzed friends behind me.
    • Up x 2
  4. Xocolatl

Weaklings! This is why you fascists still wallows in your pitiful conflict! Join the enlightened! Be what you need to be, bring victory to the glorious alien overlord, and smite those non-believers!
  5. kennonfodder

I feel your pain :D

playing with other classes, it feels strange that there are never enough medics around,
  6. KnightCole

Lol thats why my ha is a self contained killing machine. Resist4 nwa5 em6 rocket medkits and 3.93kd. Who needs friends when ur a bonafide badass?
  7. KnightCole

I enlighten u purple freaks all the time. I belive in em6 beats spandex. Ive got over 1400 vs kills muwhahahh
  8. Caserion

Once you go medic, you never go back.
    • Up x 2
  9. lilleAllan

Well, as NC medic you also get access to one of the best weapons in the game: The Glorious Gauss Rifle. It is calling you...
  10. SpaceKing

Play Vanu. 80% of Waterson Vanu are medics.
  11. 0ReferenceException

It's funny but I feel the exact same way when I try and play something other then medic. I generally only feel happy about my performance as LA/HA when I'm on my own and usually when I'm on my own I'd rather play my Infiltrator because I'll live longer that way. I usually just play medic by default in most situations (as least when I've got a team with me) and only switch out to HA/LA when there's a good reason to. Then I instantly switch back to medic.

Aside from feeling less valuable as a HA I also just feel like I'm progressing much slower as HA then I would as medic... I keep seeing 50 dead bodies as HA that each are worth a kill in XP as medic... it just feels wrong to pass them by without rezzing and getting all those certs. :)

I guess medic is just way too good to ever go back from...
  12. Qasar

I tried it out last night for a bit last night. It's definitely a nice gun.

I've actually been playing HA over on VS Waterson the past few days (XanderGhendt) and you're right, there's usually a lot of CMs about. Nice! Now to stop being terrible as an HA. My k/d is 1.19, which is good for me, but at least some of that is attributed to being revived pretty often. Thank you VS, WatersonCMs!
  13. kennonfodder

True, as HA you never get the same certs like as a medic. And as a CM, you have a nice variety of possible playing styles, with short range, long range AR´s, C4s and different grenades (healing, reviving and normal grenades) plus the two ways of healing (AOE or med gun).

But it sucks how often we die :eek: Medics is the class that dies most? Would love to see stats about it.

Picked up the HA class again recently- and it´s fascinating how the F button is equal to auto-win (or EZ mode), if used in the right moment. Running with 3 medipacks, flak 4, a rocket launcher, concussion grenades, a certed magshot and a very powerful LMG... ah yes and with the lvl 5 of NMG...no class has more killing power (MAXes are too limited to short range)

But still, at the end when playing in a large platoon, a single dedicated medic is worth more than three HA´s

Places like the Octagon are not conquered by HA´s only, it needs plenty of medics
  14. JonboyX

It's not you. Miller NC Combat Medics definitely see themselves more as "Combat" than "Medic".

I've recently put a load of time in to playing medic, probably about 15 hours in the last month, which is a lot for me at least. I like to mix classes up so I don't become rusty with any of them, and also to make sure I can be versatile in a squad.

Never have I been more frustrated than when nipping in and out, healing and rezzing people, only to take a stray bullet and be forced to tap out 30 seconds later because the other 5-10 medics in the vicinity won't rez me. It might be they're outfit orientated and have, as a group, decided to be self sufficient. I understand that even if I don't agree with it (it assumes the man down isn't as good as those in your team). Or there may be good reasons sometimes, such as that I'm in a bad spot to be rezzed.

However, I suspect - based on what I often see - that people are using the class to skirmish (primarily), using the AOE Heal to heal themselves.

I just think if you want to do that, then the heavy class with some medkits, or even a max unit, are both far and away better suited to this function.

So... yes. I think I'll be playing medic more in the coming weeks as like you, it pains me to see so many people so ill-prepared for war. :)
    My advice for you though; go MAX and yell for an engineer! No medic required ;)
  15. LibertyRevolution

After doing 900+ hours of NC Light Assault, I switched to TR to play Max/heavy.
    It was fun for a time.. but then the max cost went up.. then new esamir hit live...

So I ended up maxing out my LA class anyways.
    I'm back playing LA, just in red with a nighthawk and jag instead of a piston and a GD-7F...

Also said I was not going to cert anything into squad leader cert line, that I was only go to play for fun..
    My squad leader cert line is maxed out again and I'm running PUG platoons..

Old habits die hard..
  16. Rogueghost

Its interesting when I went to try out vanu I had full intent of playing as my favorite class, light assault. But after a couple hours of playing LA I decided to switch to HA and with the complete stock gear I was going 50 and 5 without even breaking a sweat.
    So I came to the conclusion, either the orion is op as ****, or HA is op as **** I put my bet on HA and started playing a lot of it on my main, I have yet to look back.
  17. LibertyRevolution

Yes, playing HA with full nanoweave and resist shield is OP, you have almost twice the effective HP of a LA, but that's their job.
    Orion is an awesome LMG, no doubt about it.
    My BR40 VS alt uses all the stock guns, I love the solstice and my Orion, don't feel the need to buy guns or camo as VS.
  18. Spude

You sir obviously have not heard the speech of TR
    • Up x 1
  19. kennonfodder

+1 for the lols for your signature, who is the chubby guy with the glasses btw?
  20. Benton!

Just play what you want. You don't owe anything to your teammates.