ESF Vertical Afterburner nerf makes reverse-flying pointless

Discussion in 'Test Server: Discussion' started by SideOfBeef, Aug 1, 2013.

1. SideOfBeef

That logic doesn't follow. First, why shouldn't pilots have a way to dodge? Second, how would it be any easier to dodge Coyotes than any other dogfighting weapon?
  2. reno

Yes, it makes it easier to lead shots during a dogfight, a change I think will be for the better for the health of the game.
    • Up x 2
  3. SmokeMcCloud

I see that mossi and reaver pilots do not support this change... want to protect your ESFs overpowered maneuverability while reverse thrusting? That's a natural reaction.

Perhaps you'll learn to adapt... though some of you have been leaning on that crutch for a very long time.
  4. Naterian

• Up x 2
  5. Naterian

Classic example.

You don't know what you're talking about.

The thruster power goes

Mossie > Scythe > Reaver

Reaver is at the bottom of the chain buddy.

Furthermore, this has nothing to do with the Empire "SPECIFIC" fighter. This affects ALL of them, this is a bad change for ALL of them. Please shut up and let the people that know what they're talking about talk.
    • Up x 3
  6. yama

Leave the flight mechanics alone SOE!
    • Up x 11
  7. ItsJustDash

• Up x 10
  8. Tenente

I agree with you 100%, the problem is what SOE think about it.

"...but have a short lock-on range and lose established locks quickly."

It will depend on the minimum distance for the lock-on and minimum time to establish the lock .
  9. ItsJustDash

• Up x 2
  10. Vastly

Is this like the C4 nerf...?
  11. Herby20

The flight mechanics keep this game refreshing, and changing them would make the game quickly grow boring for me. So.... yeah:

• Up x 7
  12. ItsJustDash

Shut up and come back when you know what you are talking about.
  13. Oreo202

Made a video, for anyone who doesn't want to download the PTS and look at the change for themselves.
    • Up x 4
  14. AnotherNoob

I know this with be rather unpopular, but I must say that I rather like the change. I think that dog fights are too erratic currently... You can still do it, but it doesn't make you flail all over the place.
    • Up x 3
  15. Verenz

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I encounter a mossie in my reaver, one of 3 things happen:

1. We tango mano e mano in a hover fight and see who comes out on top after an adrenaline filled 20 seconds.

2. He turns tail and floors it back to his friendly lock on zone and I kill him before he gets there.

3. He turns tail and floors it back to his friendly lock on zone and I don't kill him before he gets there.

Which one of these sounds the most fun?

Everyone who claims removing reverse fighting will improve dogfighting is A ********* MORON.

Dogfights won't be like BF3, they just won't happen it will just be running away to allies 24/7, someone tell me why this won't happen.
    • Up x 3
  16. Ryko Nailo

And yet, still no mouse yaw control option
  17. Oreo202

Well people will obviously just want to spin in circles all day like in BF3, because that's fun!
  18. ItsJustDash

19. NetSlayer

From an unbiased viewpoint I say... good.
    Flying in reverse was not viable for any ESF other than the Scythe.
    This nerf hit's the scythe the hardest but really it's not a nerf.

It's leveling the playing field.

[I'm observing this from the lack of/ineffectiveness, of reverse flying from TR/NC, on Woodman server]
    The Scythe's maneuverability always makes the Reaver and Mosquito look terrible. (The Reaver, considerably more than it already is).
    It's a known imbalance. The game should not be about perfect balance or perfect imbalance.

With this being done the Scythe is now in line with other ESF's in terms of "What you can do with your vehicle if you are a skilled pilot". Note that the best pilots can do more with a scythe, including reverse flying, than they can with either of the other ESF's.

TL:DR I think it's good but I have selective eyesight that blocks out non-constructive and biased arguments.
    • Up x 1
  20. Verenz

Ahh BF3 pitch circle wars - now THERE is a system where only the best 1% can dominate, unlike PS2 where you can get "good" within a week of casual practice with some video guide help.

Also I controversially like that bad pilots have the option of using lock-ons to even the odds.

PS OMG netslayer, why did you type that?