Protecting yourself from false reports.

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by CuteBeaver, Jul 30, 2013.

1. NinjaTurtle

Hate tells is when you know you got good.... I don't get many :(
    • Up x 1
  2. redsevenski

Am I right in thinking you play on woodman? I don't think hate tells are very common there (I've only received 2 - both recently and both from Vanu players weirdly), which is either a comment on how nice and polite people are there or how stupid they are that they can't work out how to send a /tell and just post in /yell instead.
    • Up x 1
  3. Zerran

I've received a couple /t from people calling me a hacker; I always just send a /t with something along the lines of "sorry, no hacks here!" and laugh to myself. Basically, I wouldn't bother doing anything.

Is there a chance that people are legitimately getting banned without using any third party programs or hacks? Well... ya there is a chance, but with a number of the people I've seen supposedly getting banned without doing anything, it turned out they were running some 3rd party program that wasn't allowed (Remember, even if it's something harmless, if it modifies the game it is against the rules). So I say just don't worry too much about it. :)
  4. lilleAllan

yeah, it's Woodman. I'm gonna go with people being polite as the most likely explanation even though stupidity wouldn't surprise me either.

My good friend and I have both received more hate tells from allies than enemies. In fact I've only ever had polite interactions with opponents. Maybe all the bastards are NC?
  5. Rigsta

How to respond to "enjoy your ban":
    1. /r "thanks, I will" (or other suitable parting shot)
    2. Right-click > ignore player.
  6. redsevenski

Yeah, I think its probably politeness (the stupidity thing was just a poor attempt at humour). Overall Woodman is a polite server with a bit of banter but rarely anything more - the general feeling on the Woodman subreddit seems to back this up.
  7. RockPlanetSide2

I play on the Euro servers all the time in the mornings when the US ones are dead, and I get reported all the time when I use a Semi-Auto sniper rifle. I think because its laggy all they see is me bumble around then they take 1200 damage from 3 shots in 1 second and die, and don't "get it"... I've counter reported maybe once. I fail to think that SOE just does not "ghost watch" you for a at least a little bit before banning anything... they are not that stupid to just take kids words over actual first hand viewing.
  8. Kociboss

Yeah, it's a well-disguised thread about infiltrator's gameplay ;o

Pretty much this.

You want to be safe? Don't cheat, simple as that. I got reported multiple times (or so they say) but every time it happens I just /shrug and move on.
    • Up x 1
  9. Snoozzzer

It's always a sign that you're doing something right someone starts cussing you out in /tell or /yell.
  10. A 59 c

Cool vid CB, some nice game play there! The troll guy..? I forgot about him faster than his tells could fade from your screen.

Don't worry about getting banned - we'll start a campaign to get you reinstated
  11. Mustarde

Stay calm and turn off aimbot
    • Up x 3
  12. Hoki

[IMG]