Waterson: No Alerts In The Last 9 Hours

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Excretus Maximus, Aug 1, 2013.

1. Excretus Maximus

What's up, Sony?
  2. iEatFatPeople

The same happened on Connery, maybe they're doing some kind of survey to see how the game plays out when there's no alerts going on?
  3. Nariquo

well on woodman NC won an alert against all odds against vanu.
    which is impossible during primetime, so the system got broken and the alert system got buggy because of that win :) and it shut down.

but in reality higby told us thhat something was wrong and with the hotfox they wanted to patch it. well the hotfix killed alerts then completlY :) it just SOE. never testing their patches.
    just wait they will fix it in a month or two
  4. HadesR

I personally found it peaceful without yet another Biolab Alert
    • Up x 3
  5. Nariquo

well without players the game is better again. and i heard noone on woodman complaining that there is no alerts. most of the people love the peace.
    alerts just were a ****** idea
  6. Roadwarrior82

No alerts on Ceres since hotfix.
    FEED ME XP!!! :(
  7. DeathTollDavid

Might even be longer than that. I logged in and out from 4 PM to 9 PM yesterday and never saw an alert. This has been since the hotfix yesterday.

Although peaceful, I like the alerts because it mobilizes the server and creates teamwork. At least on Waterson anyways.
  8. Slattjaw

they should use this as a survey test period. On Mattherson at least its not handing out free xp to VS every hour on the hour (I know the alert timers are not that quick but they start to feel that way after a while) I hope SOE takes the time to find out how the player base feels about alerts and maybe adjust the timers to make alerts feel more important than "oh we will catch the next one in an hour"
    • Up x 1
  9. ScottishRoss

In the last 20 or so hours I've played on Miller, I haven't seen an alert.
  10. maxkeiser

The hotfix has clearly broken something.

I really miss the alerts. They are an important part of the game, especially for outfits. Sure, we could have slightly fewer of them but I'm hoping they come back soon.
  11. Revarios

it is the same on cobalt but if i can be honest i kinda like it that there are no alerts atm in the sense of peace and serenity for at least till the next hotfix.
  12. DeathTollDavid

Alerts create the only intensely driven fighting because you feel like you have a task to accomplish and there is a real and genuine payoff in the end. It's the only time I see people come to the aid of others that ask for help.

Most of the time on Waterson you get massive battles that result in hour long stalemates but no one ever complains. Maybe it's just a server thing. But I know on waterson we enjoy them.
    • Up x 4
  13. bruce bengtson

yeah i miss alerts haven,t seen one since yesterday morning before maintenance
    • Up x 1
  14. Calisai

Personally, I found it welcome that the last two times I played, I wasn't annoyed by an alert going off. They were coming way to often and should be used to concentrate populations during off-peak hours. There for awhile, it seemed like there was an alert ever 2 hours... literally two hours on, two hours off, two hours on.

I think they've been working on the criteria determining if an alert is to be called, and what type should be called. It was getting ridiculous on Mattherson.
    • Up x 1
  15. htmlboss

I havent seen an alert at all on Waterson (except for one yesterday) since the update. These are one of the main reasons I play because it forces the NC (my faction) to actually organize and get certs, instead of ghost capping on a underpopulated continent.
  16. Oheck

Maybe they are planning some more depth to drive combat throughout the continents, beside something artificial like alerts.

Every couple hours is beyond silly.
  17. htmlboss

I remember on Waterson for the past week before this alert deficiency, it was basically ALERT=TR domination -> 90 min break -> ALERT=Draw, etc. And most of them were Amp Station Alerts, it became very boring with those. o_O
  18. DeathTollDavid

I remember it differently. TR didnt seem to win very many alerts last week. Perhaps we were just on at different times.

VS is started to really win a lot of them as their population has increased and at some times is the highest population, albeit only by a few percentage points.
  19. SgtScum

There seems to be an alert running nearly every time I log onto my woodman character to dump the cert bucket.

Mattherson otoh is a ghost town for alerts at least for me.
  20. Mr_Giggles

That must have been nice.