Bring back the beta night!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Seaker Drone, Mar 27, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MrKoronas

Yep guys I would love the good old dark night's to come back.
  2. Dignity

Try to get your outfit members to upvote it as well.
  3. Orbit

Completely agree, let's nerf the moon
  4. Thatcher Dryden Jr

Upvoted! I add my voice to the zerg, I would like to see darker nights in some form or fashion, be they darkening what we have, or introducing new continents with darker nights.
  5. mblades

Hope to see it of course after TR/NC night camo like what VS got with their armour set
  6. deggy

Power of ForumSide compel you!!

Seriously, how can a few ForumSide threads get something nerfed but we're 1,066 posts into this and NOTHING?
    • Up x 2
  7. EvilNinjadude

I heard our new continent's a little darker than the others. Unfortunately I'm on holiday with no way to confirm this.

Any of you guys tried it on PTS? Is it better?

I heard people calling for buffs to player-wielded (active) lighting rather than passive lighting. :D
  8. thomask93

Yes! The dark beta nights was one of the things which is why this game caught my attention, it was so beautiful ;)
    Please bring it back!!!
  9. daniel696

Upvoted. Night is night if this game really wants realistc illumination, show us true night!
  10. Vamperial

Night is fine. It hard enough to see in the dead of night anyway. When the moon is over head its not bad but when the moon sets or is just cresting over the horizon, it hard to see anything. I shouldn't have to adjust my brightness because some players want it darker.

Edit: Hossin will be the place to fight if you want really dark night cycles.
  11. daniel696

Vamperial, the moon light is not enough to illuminate how the game shows, there is no night without any flashlights that you can see something, night is black, is only darkness, when you go to a beach at night, can you see the sea right ? even with lights from the streets, you can't see much, night is all BLACK.
  12. Mark Huffman

You're way wrong. Look at the video posted at the beginning of this thread. Night vision and flashlights are completely pointless now.
    If you're system isn't up to snuff, then yes, you'll have to mess with your settings. It's not a big deal. The quality of the game shouldn't be compromised just because you don't want to move the brightness slider in your settings.
  13. Vamperial

My system is fine. Night time is fine. Your opinion differs from mine but I'm not wrong. In fact, I was trying to get a friend to play and he was complaining to me that it was too dark for him to see anything. He plays EVE and played PS1 for many years. How does a person complain that its too dark when he plays a game that's based in darkness? NV is fine and I use it all the time. Flashlights are lol and I never see anyone use them. I shouldn't have to adjust my system just so you can have darker nights. How bout you adjust your brightness, ehm?
  14. 0dineye

This is why they got ride of the beta night. Because of people like this guy who just turn their brightness up and screw the game with near-cheats.

Nights should be darker and bases should have flood lights.
  15. Anthopleura

If I were royalty, I'd definitely give this idea a
    *sunglasses (or maybe night-vision goggles?) on*
    -Knighthood-.

...I'll be leaving now. But before I go, +1 bump.
  16. hellomumbo369

and still no official response from soe. wtf cmon. honestly, pathetic
  17. brighthand

With dark nights come new tactics, more dynamism, more differentiation; the game would only get better if implemented; would you all sacrifice such a gem of a mechanic for a few whiners? Please bring back the Beta night cycles.

three words: true night Ops
    • Up x 2
  18. Granderil

Bring it back SOE!!!!
  19. Callahan

BRING BACK NIGHTS.
  20. -Synapse-

If this does happen get rid of flashlights as a certed item and add a keybind option, similar to how horns work. There's no reason we should have to spend certs on them when they have no real benefit other than visability, which is waaay to situational to justify replacing a laser sight or forward grip.
    • Up x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.