Is anything being done about NC maxes and Zoe Maxes?

Discussion in 'MAX' started by xThundergodx, Jul 31, 2013.

1. Curse_Gamerkin

So your saying only NC maxs have a problem with rockets? theyre meant to be used against ALL factions maxes... whats that? NC maxs can use their sheild to stop rockets? whats the ZOE are harder to hit cuz their speed?! oh.. tr Lockdown can... umm.. lockdown?
  2. gnometheft

You are mistaken. Nc maxes were ONLY nerfed these last few months. Both shotgun nerfs affected nc max and im fairly positive there was a seperate nerf to nc max shotties but that may have been a while ago. if i remember right the dps dropped more than 25%. They are now pillow cannons at anything past 8m. I would instantly give up shotties for a low rof, high dmg gauss equivalent of mercies
    • Up x 2
  3. Curse_Gamerkin

Thats cute, and im sure none of your "MLG" outfits would agree, maybe u should try another faction. TR and VS want a instagib shotgun max. Even with 25% less damage infantry is instantly killed.
  4. Ganelon

Still whining about Mercies, I see.

Also, lockdown is useless.
  5. Curse_Gamerkin

www.youtube.com/embed/W9fF0PNPWfU
  6. Pat Cleburne

Lol whachu talkin bout Willis? ZOE maxes in their OP glory are all over the damn place. Especially on Mattherson
  7. gnometheft

Don't care. Im just calling you out on lying about nc max nerfs, cause nc max definitely got hit the hardest with the nerf bat damage wise.
  8. Oheck

Concussion grenades are your friend. Soloing maxes can be challenging.
  9. Curse_Gamerkin

Yes, you are correct. they did get hit the worse. YET you dont seem to understand how dumb it is to try make urself the victim when VS has the least used max, and TR and the most underperforming max. And by getting hit the "worst" that 25% doesnt mean anything to how much damage your maxes are still doing. 3 factions, 2 maxs are unused and underperformed.. compared to? only 1 max left, it must be the NC underpowered, only usable in biolabs max =[. Weird how that works right? nerfed and yet your max is still outperforming the rest?
  10. llPendragon

Thank you for taking the time to write this post. I know it wasn't easy.

I agree with your points, and would like to add a few.
    My MAX problems:
    1. TR and VS MAX weapons stats should list two values, one without Lockdown/ZOE and one with maximum Lockdown/ZOE. This would change a lot of people's impression of how underpowered the NC MAX has become. Especially for Bursters and AV.

2. The Shield would be a balanced ability if the game didn't suck at hit recognition. As it stands, a NC MAX takes tons of damage that the Shield was supposed to stop. Just think of how many times you've seen or heard of someone taking damage in their spawn room, then think about how hard it was for SOE to fix this issue for stationary targets...

3. ZOE was never balanced. The increase in damage taken may have been balanced if ZOE only increased the damage output. The increase in damage taken can be mitigated completely (as in >100%) by defensive abilities that already existed and are commonly maxed out, while Lockdown and the Shield both have deficits that can't be mitigated at all. Add the movement increase to ZOE, and there's no doubt that it's a better option.

4. NC MAX AI weapons are not backed up by AV weapons that are competent at AI. Both the Fracture and the Comet are much better at AI than the Falcon and/or Raven. However, NC is stuck using it's AV weapons for AI in a lot more scenarios due to the short range specialization on the AI weapons.

5. The slugs were hurt a lot more by the past 4 NC MAX nerfs than the standard shotgun rounds. This encourages the use of the NC MAX in the exact way that TR and VS wanted to see it used less. And slugs still cost 500 certs per gun.

6. This may still be a lead-up to the re-introduction of the Flamethrowers. In that case, SOE is intentionally making the NC players as desperate for a new weapon as possible.
  11. Torok

NC Max isn't completely useless beyond 10 meters, you just need a tons of certifications for new weapons and according slugs, try them out, our max is a Killer at ranges aswell, but it's not versatile, you need multiple loadouts fitting multiple environments/needs

Try out Hacksaws with slugs for a semiversatile mid-range high damage loadout (currently the only way to play them)
    Mattocks with Slugs for close-medium-long range (deadly accurate while crouching or standing still), it lacks stopping power on targets that need to go down quickly or against other maxes
    Grinders without slugs for your biolab fight! (very powerful and all-around weapon)

I don't know if other Faction maxs are this versatile, sure they are more coherent in their damage output and are stable in their dps vs other maxes due to range effectiveness and high capacity magazines and reload speed but Still..

NC MAX is Totally Viable, godlike in close quarter with proper loadout, and Deadly at range with another proper loadout, you need thousands and thousands of certs but it does the job you want it to do just Fine.

Deal with it

If you can't afford it then cert into something else

2) Agree!
    4) Agree aswell, Falcons are just bad and not viable in any case but Ravens are ok against targets at range, still not even remotely good as Fractures, can't speak about comets.
    5) Slugs are 150 Certs per Gun, not 500

you can use Slugs, multiple loadouts, it's not versatile but it's effective, if you feel like being too restricted by the low range effectiveness of your max try investing in new weapons and their Slugs, it's expensive but it's a new Gameplay entirely and it works damn well.

Slugs are a Viable Option and they are 150 Certs per gun, so it's 300 not 1000 like Extended mags,
    and remember the Hipfire accuracy is different per each gun and if you're standing, jumping, moving, or crouched, they are very accurate beyond 20 meters if you're crouched.
    But unfortunately you can't understand this because you still don't have them unlocked, Trust me, they do work.
    • Up x 1
  12. TheBlindFreak

I'm not saying that other MAX's are invulnerable to rockets. I'm saying that the one situation where our maxes are effective is easy to counter. VS and TR maxes are just as effective at instagibbing infantry + they are useful in many other situations mid-range against infantry. We are forced to hide behind walls and ambush from corners because we are useless beyond 10 meters.

And no. The shield barely covers the front, can only protect from splash damage directly in front of it, and can only absorb a limited amount of damage. Also, the shield is a poor investment for a shotgun. Since the only way for them to be effective is to be right up close, charge is far more useful since you can close the distance almost instantly.
  13. FrontTowardEnemy

This.
  14. Pehe

I really need to start getting popcorn when I visit the forum.

Let me tell you something, this may come a shock to some. THE MAX ISN'T A ONE MAN DEATH MACHINE. A MAX can kill a full squad only if they are defending, running in a building alone and being shot from 5 different directions will kill you no matter what you play.

The MAX balance is almost fine. The ZOE MAX is annoying and has no clear counter but since they got nerfed the game isn't broken. I'm fine with that.
    And for everyone saying "you can just run away from NC MAXes". Well, run to where? Pretty much all the time you encounter a NC MAX is in a building, and where are you supposed to run from there? Go outside where you are very likely to get mowed down by other infantry? Or should you just abandon the point and let them set up a defensive position?
    And the shield is the best squad ability, you have to kill a MAX twice before you can start shooting at the other infantry assuming there aren't more MAXes behind the first one.
    And TR has fractures, and very very big magazines.

All MAXes have their use, people are just to lazy to figure it out and want an all-in-one one-hit-kill wonder.

Sometimes I wonder why I bother with this, I guess I find it fun.
    • Up x 1
  15. Pehe

AHAHAHAHHA... sure, maybe if they're in shotgun one-shot range, anything outside of that you have to ether burst fire or spray and pray, ether way it takes at least 1sec. Can't speak for the VS MAX but the TR one has worse spread than a shotgun after the 5th shot and that forces you to burst fire, which means you need at least 3 bursts to kill someone at range, that's way over a second.

So what's the moral? Don't try to knife a MAX.
  16. DashRendar

Lockdown/FracMaxes create long range area denial suppression with collateral damage potential to your Max if you decide to step out into a firing lane, basically makes leaving a room impossible unless you want to lose your Max and quickly. ZOE Maxes make the Aegis loadout useless "brb, backpedaling faster than you can sprint so you will never close the gap to where your extended mag shotguns are viable meanwhile gunning down your entire Kinetic 5 health pool little by little while you can do nothing but continue to die and overextend. You spent thousands on your outclassed Max I spent 150 for first level ZOE = balance" NC Maxes are rarely king of the Biolab anymore, which is still the only place they can be reliably pulled.

Yeah, I'll just leave this here...
    • Up x 3
  17. TheBlindFreak

I get what you are saying, but you at least TR and VS have the mid range the option. And contrary to popular belief, there are more ways to be useful than just killing enemies. Suppressive fire is great for slowing down or scattering infantry advances.

I wouldn't be complain if we had a distinct advantage in that 10m range, but that isn't the case. The only way I'm effective against other MAX's is with kinetic armor, charge, and extended mags on both of my scats. and that's if they don't have kinetic as well.

Also, I am in favor of losing the shotguns for similar mid range weapons. Like some form of Gauss saw strapped to our arms. Then no one complains (hopefully).
    • Up x 3
  18. Nhilys

The internet always finds a way.
    • Up x 3
  19. Spude

Have you not noticed that 90% of planetside 2 capture points are inside small buildings where you do maximum dmg with scatmax pellets.

The shotguns are hard to balance for CQC. Nothing at the moment in planetside 2 will win NC hacksaw max 1v1 CQC.
  20. ent|ty

I use ZOE MAX a lot.

They are a paper cannon.

Its just taht I know how to play with them, utilize cover, and even flick on or off the ZOE to befuddle the enemy with different speeds, or to harden up if I'm getting hit a lot.

Same thing goes... people don't fear me and charge me, thats why they die.

Its not because ZOE is OP, its because they're stupid and charge me, and I know what I'm doing.

If i get only 2 people firing on me, i go down very fast with ZOE on, 1 rocket in the mix and I'm down.

I play the area, I dont go close combat, mainly AA and AV, and those who come after me for revenge.

I've also played against ZOE, and found them far easier to kll (as expceted) than an NC with his shield, who can STILL WTF OHK me regardless.

There are not that many ZOE MAX users, so I doubt the OPs claim is true. Players ALWAYS gravitate to the class that works, and right now, the MAX battlefield is still littered with NC MAX as the most popular.

But go ahead, as if the ZOE nerf wasn't enough; I adjusted. Now here we are listening to more criers...

Nerf it again then.. its not going to help you .

PS. Its about time people complained about the VS MAX anyway. Most players enjoyed the VS MAX being gimped for the first 8 months since launch. Now they have to think about approaching one now, intead of charging in fearlessly for an easy kill.