The EM1 !#@$^& SUCKS!!!

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by badname123, May 25, 2013.

1. Darthbob509

Hey i use the EM1 as my main wep. At least till i Auraxium it. I still Prefer The stock to everything though. Beastly auto sniper rofl.
  2. lilleAllan

The Gauss SAW has terrible hipfire and while moving accuracy coupled with low RoF. It's basically the worst NC LMG for CQC, but good for you if that works out for you.
  3. Patrician

It used to be, before the foregrip nerf; now it just "feels wrong". I've switched to the Gauss Saw S on my HA for an LMG with the Warden when more accuracy is needed, and a GD-10 for in close an personal.
  4. R3volutionist

Horrible hipfire, but if you ADS in CQB the stock SAW is incredible, 200 damage per shot I drop everyone just aiming at their chest. If you hipfire in CQB though then you might have problems with the stock SAW.
  5. lilleAllan

As said, the SAW doesn't just have terrible hipfire, but also the worst while-moving ADS accuracy for any automatic weapon in the game.
  6. HerpTheDerp

Indeed, though that wouldn't matter much in CQB.

The "long range sniper god SAW" is only really usable in CQB with 1x sight.
  7. kennonfodder

Dont understand the hatred against the EM1
    (I have the Gauss SAW, Gauss SAW S, EM6, GD 22 all fully certed and spent around 400 hours as heavy)

it has a 100 bullet magazine
    it is very competitive until 50 meters
    it is one of the few HA weapons that allows us NC to compete with TR and VS in close combat
    best rate of fire (652) of all NC LMGs, nice velocity (600m/s)
    lower damage tier, but not worse than that of other factions
    only 250 certs to unlock it
    ...and the best thing imo you can keep the bullets spraying on your target ADS, the horrible 2.3x for the 1st shot recoil is barely noticeable

Using the EM1, those special moments

"awww, why didnt he die, I fired more than 20 bullets on him!!"

happen much less than

"awww, TR/VR heavy outgunned my Gauss SAW by insane rate of fire and precision"
  8. Psykmoe

So our LMG with the worst sustained damage output can somehow compete with TR and VS guns that do the same damage per bullet but have 100rpm more? I don't know about that.

I know the Em1 is cheap but I'd rather stick to my Anchor for CQC. Hipfires just as good and is somewhat less dominated by 750rpm/143 damage guns.

And if you're ADSing, the Anchor has both better starting accuracy, and less accuracy loss when moving during ADS.
  9. kennonfodder

The extremely nice recoil guarantees that most of the bullets find their target, especially moving targets. Beyond the 50 meters, I do not engage anyone with it. The one thing is the spreadsheet data, the other how this gun feels on the battlefield, call it subjective if you want.

The Anchor has interesting stats and got quite a good feedback here in forumside, but a 50 bullet mag and the cost of 1000 certs, has it such a big added value?
  10. TeknoBug

Solstice SF, Polaris, T16 and T5 AMC are all actually good while the rest are average-mnediocre. EM1 isn't.
  11. TeknoBug

Weird, I have better success with the Polaris than the EM1, it was my main LMG when I played heavy til I picked up the SVA-88. With the EM1 I only lasted 3 or 4 days until I went back to the SAW til I got the EM6.

T16 is a great gun, you can point at a target and close your eyes and still hit it even at long range once you throw on the foregrip, but as BCP criticized to why he didn't recommend it to TE was because the lack of a 2x sight.
  12. Mxiter

Soltice SF: okay by le UBGL and great accuracy.

Polaris: SVA is better any day! (DPS/accuracy) better DPS at CQC, better attachments for long range, 0.75 ADS move mult.

T16 and T5 are the worst mid-long range weapons: there are weapons with more DPS, better accuracy less damages degradation.
    It's easy to handle by the low vertical recoil (noob friendly), but good players are much less worried by those weapons than VS/NC equivalents for close/mid/long range: TMG-50 is better than T16 in every situation. T5 is owned by NC/VS 167 type carabines (better DPS, less horizontal recoil).

EM1: GD22-S,gauss saw-S and EM6 have better DPS for CQC, better accuracy for medium/long range and EM6 have more damages/mag and the Gauss saw-S isn't far.
    Anchor is much better for CQC/medium range too.
    In fact every other NC LMGs are better in any situations.

143 weapons are mostly good at close combat because of them higher ROF, but bad at long range because of horizontal recoil, few damages/bursts, and damage degradation.
    Those wepons are the weakest weapons in terms of DPS (every weapons but the ursa beat that is very specific, ) and are not better for medium/long range than 167 or 200 damages weapon types.

They are in the same branch than NS-7 smg, easy to handle by small vertical recoil and low RPM, but bad in every other criteria.
  13. Psykmoe

I think the Anchor is a bit expensive for what it brings (the MSW-R is a straight upgrade and costs 100 certs), but the EM1 has the highest base recoil AND the highest first shot recoil modifier of any 652rpm/143 LMG in the game (or apparently any 652rpm/143dmg weapon). It's really rather temperamental for the damage class it's in. I don't use 652/143 guns much and if I do they better bring something cool like the NS-15M's fast recoil recovery, 0.75x ADS modifier, and reduced accuracy loss when moving in ADS compared to the EM1/T16

I'm glad it works well for you and it DOES have exceptionally fast reload for a 100 round magazine but I prefer working with the Anchor's smaller mag. The Anchor is still pretty mediocre when ADSing but it puts out better damage up close.

But damn if the NC LMG sound played at 652 rpm doesn't sound all sorts of cool. And the HA overshield offers considerable margin of error when you have to outplay a guy with a more damaging gun, so HA is probably one of the better classes to have a low damage gun on.
  14. Flashtirade

As a user of the Polaris, the T16, and the EM1, I can say that I thoroughly enjoy the EM1 the least, even though they're all quite underwhelming.
    The thing is, the first two are supposed to be average-damage mid-range guns, and they are. The Polaris and T16 both have exceptional recoil stats (I mean this in the good sense); the former has better recoil in general (I think) and the latter has the advanced foregrip to make it fantastic. They will **** you close range, but there are better and cheaper options for those distances.
    However, the EM1 is supposed to be a close-range hipfire gun, since it has the advanced laser and SPA options. But it can't do that very well because of it's bad hipfire (the double laser makes it okay, but nowhere near great), average damage, and relatively low RoF. This is a gun that's supposed to be competing with the Orion and MSW-R. It's not even in the running. And the only other options besides the shotguns will run you 1000 certs / 700 Smedbucks.
  15. Chubrokoli

EM1 is just like the TMG50, a cheap counterfeits of the other faction

I dont get it why we can use a advanced foregrip for the EM6 in the VR but we cant buy it for normal fighting.
  16. Unclematos7

I'm not sayng that the EM1, VX29 Polaris are bad guns, it's that the ADV laser sight does not make them better at their role. An EM1 or VX29 Polaris with ADV laser sight simply cannot compete in the hipfire category with the Carv, Orion, MSW-R and Anchor.
    They are T16s with an identity crisis.
  17. HerpTheDerp

1. DPS. It does 143 damage but has fire rate of only 652.
    2. Accuracy. LMGs have typically bad moving ADS CoF and EM1 is no exception. LMGs also have typically bad hipfire accuracy and EM1 is no exception here either. And since it's a 143 damage gun, it loses the NC-specific CoF bonus when stationary.

It's basically a weapon that sacrifices all of its stats just so you can save a second on every reload... pointless.
  18. Boursk

If sex was a gun, it would be the EM1.

EM1 = [IMG]
  19. TeknoBug

I wasn't making comparison to any other weapons, I was commenting on the mentioned weapons. When was the last time you used the T5 AMC? And T16 is steady to hold at any range.
    Gauss SAW S = TMG-50
  20. Boursk