Why isn't there rage at SOE's phasing out of combined arms?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Jachim, Jul 24, 2013.

1. Jachim

WRONG. Vehicles camping spawns because there is nothing else to do while they wait for the ages it takes to cap a base. I could still screenshot vehicle zergs, they'd just be outside the base.

The end result is the same, except the vehicle players are shafted, yet again, as they always have been.
    • Up x 2
  2. Jachim

segregation worked in the 1930's, not today m8. Why can't there be harmony?
    • Up x 3
  3. Czuuk

No rage because it isn't happening.
    • Up x 2
  4. Jachim

You're trying to equate 'spamming spawns' with 'how all tank drivers act'. They are two different issues. Esamir is just one example of how armor has been segregated and shunted to one side, the resource increase is another, and the list goes on.

Yeah, that is spawn camping, congratulations. Le'ts ban infantry from doing it too! They ge tthe same amount of kills and score per hour. Infantry dies more, naturally, but isn't KDR supposed to be the stat everyone shuns?
    • Up x 1
  5. Bearcat

You can try getting out of your seat maybe? Or attack other vehicles? Both are a little more difficult that clicking a button when someone steps through a spawn-room door. Never mind. Wrong audience.
    • Up x 2
  6. f0d

so you farm infantry then complain (in other posts) about vehicles farming infantry o_O

gameplay like this IS the problem
    farming infantry isnt fun for both tanks and infantry its boring as bat sh** - did you really find it fun doing that?!?!?!?
  7. f0d

with a 5 minute timer (which is stupid imo) by the time you get out of the tank and run to the cap point you have to run back again so your vehicle doesnt despawn
  8. Paisty

SOE has no ******* idea what it is doing. The walls are not just keeping vehicles out, they keep every infantry class besides LA out.

Sub canceled.
  9. lothbrook

I'm considering cancelling my membership, they're really doing some stupid ****, i can only imagine the horrors they have lined up for Amerish, instead of mountains everything will be 400 ft cliffs with only jump pads to get up and down them.
    • Up x 2
  10. MangoPunch

Right here.
    [IMG]

And also here.
    [IMG]

There's these hidden things you can use to your advantage, called 'hills'. They're hard to spot, I know.
    • Up x 3
  11. Tekuila

Farming infantry is an an absolute blast.
  12. Stew360

I think you misinterpret whats is Combine arms ;)

Actually i was doing my job stoping the ennemy who was trying to go foward OUTSIDE THE BASES WALLS ;) I was not farming infantry at their spawn room , like you seams to want to do so lol

Vehicules domination belong Between bases , infantry domination belong inside the bases , it it simple enough ?

Combine arms is using vehicules and infantry and air in order to get from bases to bases , when you hit the bases you get into it and capture it with your infantry soldiers

this is combine arms ;)
  13. Coffee Hound

So "combined arms" means doing everything in your tank. Ok. You know you can still spawn camp on the other two continents.

I love the new Esamir!
  14. Fox Reinhold

I'm personally just tired of raging. The game is holding less and less interest for me. Usually I jump on at night and play until I'm tired and go to bed. Last night I just stopped playing because I was bored and went and did something else (namely play Killing Floor). SoE is putting those "recruitment" rewards out and all that... why would I recruit people to a game I find myself caring less and less about by the update?
    • Up x 3
  15. Giggily

We had some fights on Esamir earlier that were way more combined arms than anything I've seen in PS2 before. VS was holed up inside the east Elli satellite defending it against NC. Tanks were on the hills outside constantly bombarding the tops of the buildings, which were the only places we could effectively get bursters up. In turn, whenever the NC tanks ran us off the rooves the NC air was able to swoop in and push our infantry back inside the buildings, letting them move forward.

If that isn't really combined arms then I don't know what is.
    • Up x 3
  16. WTSherman

*looks at pics* THOSE are the walls? Those copy/pasted sheets of metal? Talk about lazy...
    • Up x 2
  17. f0d

i feel exactly the same way
    i force myself to play only because i have a 12 month sub - if i never had that i wouldnt be playing

it was so much more fun at release
    and beta
    and tech test
    • Up x 2
  18. Excretus Maximus

If you're going to try to easymode cheese a base by camping spawn rooms with air and armor, you deserve to lose. It should have never been a valid tactic to begin with.
  19. Anubis1055

There has been lots of rage. Sadly even the most respectable and organized threads about the super negative impacts the Esamir changes are having on PS2 are getting deleted. I personally know of 3 people who have had their threads deleted. All 3 of those people wrote decent threads on where they thought the changes went wrong. One of the posts was quite long. All 3 of them were respectful and put out in a logical manner. But alas, SOE doesn't appear to like someone telling them why their tunnel vision on making massive battles wrecks other parts of an otherwise stellar game.
    • Up x 3
  20. rumblepit

are you kidding me? crying because you cant sit in a tank and spam doors and windows. witf is wrong with you people?the devs have stated over and over again that the bases would be revamped do to the lack of cover for infantry. so in a sense your crying over design flaw , 1 that they have fixed . it was never meant to be a valid tactic. so id suggest you either adapt or quit the game. you want my honest opinion ?people in this thread crying about this bs should just quit. this game isnt for you. your just apart of the problem at this point.

they did a GREAT JOB on esamir. best fights ive seen in months.
    • Up x 1