Can someone explain Vulcan changes to me?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by gigastar, Jul 24, 2013.

1. Tenhi

Had the same first reaction. As someone who mainly drives a Lightning taking 22% more damage sounds painfiul.
  2. Vortok

I lol'd, because I've actually been able to run away from a Vulcan Harasser on a Flash before. Took some damage, but didn't die.

My Lightning is gonna cry a bit, but Harasser armor will be at a reasonable value and Lightnings pretty much already auto lose to a MBT that sees them at close range, nevermind a 2/2 Prowler. Vulcan was a bit weak against Sunderers, so can't complain too much there.

As for Vulcan AI vs Saron/Enforcer AI - the second two have waaaay better range. Which is kinda the point of the Vulcan.
  3. Blueink

+1 *facepalm* from me I cannot even find the words to describe how bad this decision is. Couldn't give a crap about aircraft to be honest as if your that low the majority of the time your lolpodding.

Just to clarify happy with the Prowler version buff as there is a negative trade off to it being equipped (on a relatively slow moving vehicle you can maneuver against that usually engages at a distance). The version on a Harraser was already OP and can diaff, they just made vehicles even easier to farm for people using it what an absolutely joke.
  4. Phrygen

We know. If you got it, you would know its a solid change that nerfs damage to air by about 50%, retains the same damage to armor, and increases damage on infantry by about 50%.
    • Up x 1
  5. Kaon1311

Im sure loads of dedicated Prowler drivers would jump at the chance of swapping the Vulcan for the Enforcer and Saron.
    Both are good CQC, medium and long range. The Vulcan is a medium range weapon at best, while the Prowlers special is Lockdown, making it a long range artillery unit.

Have you ever used a Vulcan, with such an absurd COF Bloom, hitting 4 to 5 shots even on static infantry is more luck based than skill.
    • Up x 1
  6. AnotherNoob

There was a reason why you see a lot more TR using the Halberd then you see VS/NC, because their empire specific weapons are better for all round purposes... Now the vulcan recieves a buff against infantry and sunderers, so that it can be used as a default load out, rather then a situational choice.
  7. Akaan

While I am glad that the damage against Galaxies was reduced (it was seriously ridiculous), I am a little worried about the further increased damage against ground vehicles. The Vulcan, especially on a Harasser, was already quite strong in that department.
  8. Cinnamon

OK, crunched some numbers to get a rough estimate for difference in % of number of shots to kill.

Vehicle, Vulcan, Vulcan-H
    Harasser, 0%, 2%
    Sunderer, -21%, -19%
    Lightning, -15%, -13%
    Prowler/Magrider, -1%, 1%
    Vanguard, 4%, 7%

So sunderer takes less to kill, lighting takes less but by my estimate not 22% less on average and Vanguard is tougher than ever because why the hell not.

Confused about the resist buff to sunderers not making enough difference to damage by my calcs. Also think that Lightning was already very weak against vulcan as well as other av weapons. Maybe in practice it well hold up better than numbers say but I don't think it should be weaker. If anything Lightning needs 15% buff and harasser a nerf vs vulcan.
  9. Gurra

Calm yourself man.

striker nerf is coming soon. hopfully at the same time they fix flack and nerf lolpods
  10. Liewec123

when a secondary weapon is shooting down liberators in 4 seconds, no, its not in "a very good spot"...
    ESFs were pretty much insta-killed. it was by far the most effective AA in the game.
    i tested TTK a galaxy for an entirely uncerted vulcan against a 4050 cert AP prowler with maxed anchor and reload time,
    the vulcan won.
    "good spot."?

anyway i'm just glad it was fixed fairly quickly :)
    • Up x 1
  11. Primarkka

The other ESF could not take out a reaver in a single reload, the reaver could take out the other ESF in a single reload.
    This imbalance just multiplied when you started certing in the rotaries.
  12. KlyptoK

Can't argue with those changes.

I'm curious as to what the TTK is now with the sunderer.

If PS2Calc is correct, then wow, I didn't know it was that bad vs Sunderers.
  13. MrIDoK

PS2Calc is horrifingly outdated, the Vulcan still has 30 rounds and the Saron is pre 6-shot change.
  14. KlyptoK

Good to know then.
  15. Paisty

LMAO

With all the other changes to AA and the upcoming changes to lock-ons, the new shield better cover the entire continent.

If a pilot was stupid enough to get close enough and fly low enough for a vulcan to hit them with even 50% of the Vulcan Spray, they deserved to die. Those were piss poor pilots that could be taken out with an LMG also.

In before, infantry should not be able to aim higher than 15 degrees!
  16. SolidSnake

Try hitting infantry with an Enforcer (the equivalent AV weapon for NC) from the same range, while moving, then come here and tell us which weapon would you rather use against infantry. This is supposed to be an AV weapon not an ANTI-EVERYTHING weapon as it was. You're getting more damage vs infantry which I think sucks, but at least it won't mow down aircraft anymore. Why did they feel this needed a buff against infantry and yet they nerfed indirect damage on the Enforcer which was already pretty damn small?
  17. bestan

A little comparison between old and new vulcan :
    this shows how many bullets are required to kill a target
    values for tanks are rear/side/front
    target : post gu13 (pre gu13)
    infantry : 4 (9)
    MAX : 23 (42)
    ESF : 27 (15)
    liberator : 71 (42)
    Galaxy : 180 (75)
    sunderer : 114 (147)
    ligntning : 50/80/97 (61/97/115)
    vanguard : 60/118/127 (59/118/129)
    Magrider : 57/96/108 (59/98/111)
    Harasser 50 (51)

So it's a big nerf against aircrafts, a big buff against infantry and MAXes, a nice buff against lighnings and Sunderers (you can 2 clip them now), and almost the same against MBT and harassers
  18. redmamba

This Sir is the funiest post I had privilege to read on this forums.
    And it's true too :D
  19. SolidSnake

So, pilots are supposed to only engage other aircraft then? According to you aircraft shouldn't fly low 'cause that makes you a bad pilot and yet the Harasser AV weapon is totally A OK being used to shred aircraft which clearly wasn't its intended use?

That's like me saying "TR infantry are baddies 'cause they got too close to my NC Scattermax so I shredded them, then they came to forumside to cry for NC MAX nerf." You see the logic there? You just need to L2P and stay more than 10m from my MAX or you deserve to die then! Yeah that's what you sound like.
    • Up x 1
  20. redmamba

No never, what's your point :D