[Suggestion] Cheating with faked statistics

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by ElGreko, Jul 23, 2013.

1. Tradewind

In other news, Math no longer taught in schools.
    • Up x 2
  2. IamDH

Well i've never experienced what you/OP are experiencing
    I just wanted to clarify that point
  3. Sordid

Oh wow, really? Having to waste time finding a good fight is actually a virtue of this game rather than a flaw? I actually laughed out at that. The mental hoops fanbois jump through to justify opposing anything vaguely critical of their favorite game are truly amazing. :D:D:D
  4. Cowabunga

We need a special section of googletranslate for this.
  5. Harbinger

The only thing I'm skeptical about is that there are 2000 people on a continent, even if it says it's full. Never feels more than like...800-ish.
  6. zib1911

Its not a fan boy response, its a common sense response. The information on how many people are in a area is easy to figure out. In point of fact its one of the reasons I like this game. If you want to spawn and be in combat anywhere no matter the tactical outlook then you want a lobby shooter. Its a game were you get thrown in the action. If you want to play a game were you have to figure out the base way to attack a base, or look at the map and figure out a spot were you can be useful to the cause is what this game is about. Honestly I don't see the reason for this thread.

Honestly I don't see the reason for this thread. If you want to be thrown in any action no matter what, then hit the instant action button. Join a pub squad and squad deploy on them. There is a million ways to find a easy fight, not to mention these ways also get you to join a squad and use teamwork in a way that benefits the whole faction. If you just want to solo spawn into combat endlessly and not have to think about anything other then what gun to use, well then ya this is a waste of my time.

I hate long posts, but even more I hate people who use phrases like fanoi, or CoD kiddie. Its a cop out, its your way of trying to dismiss someones post without having to actually say anything.
  7. Stride

Call it a translation if you want but I still have no idea what the hell either of them are trying to communicate.

All I understood was that this has something to do with territory population statics from the map. There isn't any way to assess the population total content wide with it however because the statistic is too generalized.

If the TR for example are holding 20 territories with 1-12 pop each they could have anywhere from 20 people to 240 on that continent. That is a huge gap of unknowns between the minimum and maximum.
  8. Mustarkrakish

Hahahahahahaha flawless
  9. GhostAvatar

God! Please don't say there is TR version as well. I don't think I could take forumside anymore, if that was the case.
  10. ih8Darian2

Duke
    • Up x 2
  11. Dingus148

There was a member once, Stew 360 Translator. Literally the greatest guy ever. What Stew proposed still made little sense, but at least it was in familiar words.
  12. rumblepit

world pop on connery last night said we had 33% 33% 33%. but on amerish vs had 40% and tr had 20%, it was the same story on indar and esa. we were out poped on every cont by both factions, but world pop was balanced? bs.......

i think this is what they were talking about when they said they were doing population control
  13. Sordid

Yep, like I said. Fanboi extolling the flaws of the game as if they're virtues. And also throwing straw men around as a little bonus. Run along, little fanboi.
  14. Masterofm

To make it easier. You log into the game. It says the population is 40% NC, 30% VS, and 30% TR. You then look at the regional map that shows percentages and it's
    Indar: 60% NC 30% VS 10% TR
    Amerish: 50% NC 36% VS 16% TR
    Esamir: 20% NC 65% VS 15% TR

So maybe the TR could have a 30% population. I mean the numbers don't really add up in any way shape or form to actually have the TR have anything close to 30% of the population but I guess somehow it's possibly a possibility.... not sure how you could make the math work on that one though.

You then check each cont to see what's up only to brows over the 2-4 territories your side has on each cont only to see that there are only about 200-400 friendlies on all three continents even if you aim high in the numbers. So either the continent map is bugged and is not telling you the correct % or the log in is not showing the correct population spread.

I've played my VS and TR and had some weird things where I hop to all 3 maps to see what is going on and doing a quick count of each territory there is maybe 200-300 population across all three conts. Personally it wouldn't shock me if SOE is actually fibbing the numbers so people will actually log in instead of seeing your side as only having 14% of the server population and being too dissuaded to actually play the game.