So I just got the Auto Shotty

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Orpheus66, Jul 23, 2013.

1. Orpheus66

And wow, the game is so much easier. Thanks SONY for making such an amazing run and gun weapon. Getting K/D ratios of like 20/4 or something crazy like that. I was never able to do that with any of the auto rifles.

So if anyone is having a hard time keeping a good k/d ratio then get the auto rifle. It makes a world of difference.
  2. MrHenderson

Welcome to the scrub brigade.

Would you like some purple drank?
    • Up x 2
  3. Stromberg

• Up x 5
  4. smokemaker

Auto shotty with scope and slugs out snipes snipers.
    And with regular ammo is awesome in CQC.

love it.
  5. CrashB111

You must play VS.
    • Up x 2
  6. sindz

You should feel bad.

Auto shotty and shooting people with rocket launchers is no fun :(
  7. TheBlindFreak

I doubt that. Slugs have damage dropoff just like any other werapon of that sort.
  8. CrashB111

A VS pump action with slugs and scope can snipe people off the crown from the hill by Crossroads. No bullet drop is a hell of a thing.
    • Up x 1
  9. MrIDoK

Yeah, for the semis and the auto it's 500@10m - 360@40, for the pumps it's 800@10 - 400@40, which means that 3 shots from an autoshotty are enough to kill a non nanoweave target at any range. It's like a battle rifle, but with good damage and crappy bullet speed.
  10. Pikachu

You think the current piston/nighthawk thing is good? Much better before all the nerfs.
    • Up x 2
  11. TheBlindFreak

"damage dropoff" not bullet drop.
  12. Mythicrose12

True, but after taking such a shot, I can watch an entire movie before the slug hits a target (if the target didn't move...at all).
  13. Orpheus66

They are nurfing shotguns soon because I really hope they are. They are just too ******* strong.
  14. chrisbeebops

Why not both? If I miss with my Decimator I can pull out my auto shotty and spin around desperately hoping to kill you. Of course I also enable my overshield first, don't want to injure myself with the point blank Decimator splash damage.
  15. smokemaker

yes
    yes, it takes 3 rounds. But with the auto shotty fast reload, once you get the timing down, you can get all 3 rounds going down range by the time the 1st one hits. Often times not allow your target a chance to move. By the time he feels the 1st impact, The next 2 are just about there.
  16. applepienation

I also have an auto shotty, but I tend to use other guns more often. I find shotties simply have too little range for me.

Still f*cking ***** in biolabs and towers though.