blowing up the teammates? what would you do?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by kennonfodder, Jul 23, 2013.

1. kennonfodder

Guys here the situation, had this often in the last days:

You defend an important/strategic point inside a building and drop a pack of C4 at the door entrance. You know the enemy is coming, they broke through the outer base defenses and are on their way...

A random player from your team pops up and positions himself near your C4 to defend directly from the door

The first enemy steps in, he is now in the death zone of the C4, but so is your "friend"

Your finger is on the trigger...

What would YOU do?
  2. Excretus Maximus

Wait for more than one bad guy instead of wasting my C4.
    • Up x 3
  3. cfnz

If the enemy is infantry shoot him/her, if it's a MAX, blow the C4 and apologise.
  4. Tow2Bravo

The real question here is, "What would Jesus do"?
    • Up x 3
  5. K3STR3L

I personally get on the mic and tell them to move as there is C4 right next to them. If they don't move and continue to ignore then they are fair game. To be honest though I haven't come across them not moving yet, but who knows what the future holds.
  6. K3STR3L

He would most probably die due to his moral standings and lack of wanting to take a life himself.
  7. NinjaTurtle

I would probably blow it. It is clearly displayed on the UI when a friendly explosive is deployed.

Also if it were a MAX unit better to kill one friendly than let the MAX potentially kill alot more
  8. Konfuzfanten

Since im properly the random guy, ill pull back a bit: shot the C4/mine and then go back to the door and shot the enemies.

Every single tower or biolap i see some wanky friendly placing C4/mines in choke points right next to multiple friendlies. And i do go out of my way to clearing those C4 and mines so they dont blow up my friends or me.

Cant count how many times i have been hit by friendly C4/mines because some random moron thinks placing C4/mines among friendlies is a good idea - then have some enemy throw a nade or firing a rocket, NOT hitting anyone but setting off the C4/mines killing 3-4 friendlies.

Same thing with friendly tank mines, do NOT place it near friendly vehicles or where our vehicles need to drive through.
    • Up x 2
  9. Excretus Maximus

And I'll promptly knife your ignorant *** for wasting my resources.
    • Up x 1
  10. PS2Freak

+1
  11. Konfuzfanten

and then my team and me will make sure you wont be able to leave the spawn tube. Your welcome.
  12. VSDerp

blow them both the hell up!
  13. Bankrotas

Blow it up? Yep, totaly that. But I don't waste my C4 on such meager task as one or two infantrymen, max or 3 enemies at least.
  14. MrMickson

Chuck Norris will simply wink and the whole continent will blow up
  15. BlackbookPS

I have used C4 to cover a tiny rooms doorway, to prevent a rush by a stronger enemy. There was a friendly right next to the C4. I was lucky that I could detonate and kill the enemy while only, slightly damaging the friendly.

The C4 appears as friendly and he knew the risk, as it cost 100 resources I am going to use it. As I was a Combat Medic I would have revived the friendly anyway.

Sometimes you can enter a cap point with prox mines on the floor, with 25 allies nearby they are really dangerous due to any explosives going off. It only takes one grenade bouncing off your allies head as he phases thru you to trigger them.

So yesterday I waited till the coast was clear and watched the zoomed in minimap before triggering a friendly proximity mine with my gun.

Ofcourse some friendly runs right round the boxes and gets insta-gibbed by the detonation. Luckily I could revive him and apologise. Revived equals no death stat I believe.

When I was at a Bio Lab some guy was laying 2 C4 near a doorway with some guy on proximity chat saying "Why are you laying C4 with everybody here?" we cleared the area and detonated it.

I use proximity mines a lot when bases are lightly defended, especially to prevent SMG infiltrators shooting people in the back.

Sometimes I get a friendly kill and an enemy kill because the enemy triggered the proximity mine while the friendly was standing very close to it. Some noobs need to learn more quickly, not that will ever happen.
  16. SpetV

Unless the enemy is a max, I'll just wait. That's now how you use C4. You should keep it for vehicles, large groups and MAXes.
  17. Total_Overkill

I stick my second piece of C4 onto the Derp standing next to the first, just to be sure...
  18. kennonfodder

Personally, I would blow it up and apologize afterwards, if possible rezz the poor fellow.

Because: only newbies defend from the doorway, quickest way to get trashed. Why not wait inside? Maybe a good way to educate?

totally understandable when you are in a (biolab) spawn point, but imagine a smaller base e.g. on Esamir, not overcrowded with 100eds of players, I would punish you for killing my C4 only to retain your right to fight from a doorway like a nub :mad:

it´s not that we have the choice to go for the C4 multikills in 90% of all scenarios or...?
  19. Caserion

Getting free certs or keeping an ally alive that has done nothing but die each second and standing in the way all the time.

Welcome to Woodman TR, prepare to ignore allies because they get more stupid each day...
  20. HellasVagabond

THIS :)
    • Up x 2