Can using my Razor Naga Mouse to turn my VS Pistol into a TR Pistol get me banned?

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by Predator, Jul 14, 2013.

1. illgot

unless you have a decent processor and ram.
  2. LT_Latency

I doubt it,

The input is coming from your mouse, they have no way to prove it's not you just click really fast
  3. Duvenel

I can confirm that SOE have said that it's a 1:1 ratio, 1 action for 1 keypress/click, I would assume that this would include what the OP is doing. Also there have been threads of people with stories about being banned for using macros with their mice/keyboards in the past. I'll try and look one up for you if I can find them again.
  4. Duvenel

^ Ignore my previous post, I made it before I read through the rest of the thread. I can see that other people have already said the same thing as me. :(
  5. illgot

Exaclty, and they do not care. There are cheaters going around with aimbots, wall hacks, and spawning anywhere they want. Do you think they have the time and resources or even the inclination to care about people using simple macros?
  6. Xocolatl

Actually I think there is a scarier hack now...either that, or some weird glitch. Last night I ran into someone on Briggs in VR who had infinite ammo. A lot of people saw it too, since many people were just crowding around the guy and wondering whattaheck was going on. Forgot the name, and I think PrtScrn either doesn't take screenies, or I simply don't know where to find the screenshots in the folder.
  7. Ibuprofen

This might be true if everything was processed server side, but that's not the case. Your computer sending a click to the server, and then waiting for the server to tell it whether or not it's waited long enough since the last shot for that click to result in firing a shot, would give horrible performance.

Firing rates, like hit detection, are calculated client-side.

Part of the reason that a macro might give you significantly improved fire rates is actually kind of the inverse of what you were saying. If I want to squeeze the most DPS out of my semi-automatic, and so I click as fast as I can, say every 0.15 seconds, but my gun has a refire of 0.17, I'm only going to fire a shot every 0.30s instead of every 0.17s. You have to click very fast to maximize DPS with fast-firing semi-auto weapons, but as soon as you go just 0.02s too fast, you drop to 50% of optimal DPS, and then approach 100% again if you click even faster as you approach clicking twice per refire delay.
  8. 0ReferenceException

@OP: why do you think people spend lots of money on gaming peripherals? So you can do the same crap as with every other mouse and keyboard?

I personally don't think you'll need most functions of gaming hardware for PS2 but for most MMORPGs you can't really be competitive without them. Just think of games like Guild Wars 2 without macros... or try playing SWTOR without some degree of automation. Hell even healing in WOW is much easier if you can build a decent sequence of key presses (though with the Panda update everything was so dumbed down that it's probably now playable with a gamepad).

If game developers give me a ******** UI to work with (such as GW2 and SWTOR) then I'll use whatever means to bypass those dismal design choices - such incompetent game developers that can't even steal the UI from WOW are likely also too incompetent to have any worthwhile anti-cheat systems running (and even if, I hardly think they're gonna blacklist the Logitech software).

In other words: knock yourself out.
  9. Predator

I switched back to TR. I miss how VS Camo Looks and I have 180 days left on my Vanu 50% exp / resource implant. My TR has 31 lol. But I was so damn happy getting back in my Prowler. I love the speed and how much easier it is to kill stuff. I know we have not seen the ES Pistols yet but Full Auto VS Charged up it is obvious who the winner will be. Plus I am 1.176 k/d so I need the TR =P
  10. vanu123

It will probably get you banned, sad as well because that is the only way the beamer could be any good, as it is probably one of the worst guns in video game history.
  11. Scudmungus

Regarding Stalker + Auto pistol:

To be honest, Commissioner (or Underboss) + Stalker should work well.

One shot (two) + knife kills are very quick.

Yes, you're not suppressed and now on the minimap - but we have to assume guy/gal/misc you just killed has put the word out, so folks know you're about.

So, might as well go for quicker kill - and make use of perma-cloak-whilst-standing to remove self from mini map.

People sometimes forget how powerful psyching out folks, blipping up here, vanishing and blipping up there, can be. Especially when combined with leaving explosive surprises to reward those would-be-heroes.

When they send half a dozen to find flush you out, you know you can feel flattered.

Of course, this is operating on the assumption that not-moving whilst using the Stalker regens cloak, allowing you to change location.

Else, they're just gonna track us back to the last know position and shooting our standing-still-perma-cloaking-behinds.

Relating teniously to OP:

Hey, if this is what ya gotta do just to be like a vast number who don't..

...ah well, sweet dreams.
  12. illgot

You won't get banned. A moderator deleted the post of the guy stating he "reported me for using macro's" in this thread. Obviously they do not care if you use your Razer mouse to create simple macro's (it can not run scripts).

Plus, I am still not banned even after he "reported me".