Farewell Mattherson...Hello Waterson..

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Lady Majestica, Jul 20, 2013.

1. Phrygen

making it so that all the new players with no experience balance out the pop numbers hasn't really fixed the pop issues. I'm not spreading lies. Yes the pops end up being even, but its a result of a higher % of br 1-10 players who play for a week to try the game out. That only does so much. TR are still dominant on waterson, and VS are still dominant on mattherson.
    • Up x 1
  2. Bape

lol I love mattherson I admit I hate the VS but I love fighting them just to wait for that dam ginyu force rules lmao that thing cracks me up so much.
    • Up x 1
  3. Hoki

Also while I may have been evacuated to Waterson, I am originally from the Jaeger universe, which was destroyed by a Vanu experiment.

Something to do with modifying their male DNA so that hetero mating was less psychologically damaging.

They thought this could be achieved by installing nano-afterburners on every DNA pairing.

When activated, it created an ultra-massive black hole with a matter sucking gravity that encompassed the entire universe. This hole was insatiable and indiscriminate, lush for matter of any kind to fill its bottomless depths, like the Vanu men that created it.

And so, we had to evacuate.
    • Up x 1
  4. Haterade

This. It's getting to the point where people are outright lying about Waterson's population; or they're simply ignorant and want to act informed. TR hasn't dominated Waterson pop for a while now. Last time the server was recommended, NC picked up a lot of guys and got parity with TR. Now VS is pretty much the same level as the other two.

Welcome to Waterson. Consider Imperial Reach (www.imperialreach.com) if you're TR and looking for a tactical, drama-free outfit.
  5. Czuuk

Waterson ftw. I've made friends with a number of pilots from VS and TR. They all fly NUC now though. 'Cept us H4TZ it seems. :D

There can be some trash talking from time to time, but it's from noobs that don't understand Waterson just yet.
    • Up x 1
  6. CaptainYamerica

So OP went from the highest pop faction on one server, to the highest pop faction on another server? gg :p

Waterson can be a very fun and challenging server at times. Pop is always in flux. Best times are when we are all hovering between 30-35%. Fun times in deed.
  7. miraza

It's not a real server without GINYU FORCE RULES in /yell.
  8. NinjaTurtle

You will have freedom whether you like or not damn it
  9. Mythicrose12

Waterson NC : Physical freedom from the TR, freedom to team kill on a whim, and spiritially enslaved by the VS. Why else would Slyguy spout the constant VS/NC "alliance" if NC wasn't spiritually enslaved by the VS?? :p
  10. Bhoot

Fair play, a change is as good as a rest. As you can see I did exactly the same, only difference is I still play both.
  11. TheShrapnelKing

Just like everyone used to say when VS had only 27% pop:

Why would you make a character for one of the two highest pop factions and leave the NC at 26%?
  12. Astealoth

The louder the NC yell "WE'RE FREE! WE'RE FREE!" the louder I can hear their chains rattling.
  13. TheShrapnelKing

Sssssssshhhhhh! They're not supposed to know about the corporate takeover until after we win!

Oh, oh wait *clears throat* This is fascist propaganda. Please note that the free-enterprise backers of the New Conglomerate do not promote monopoly, corporatism, oligarchy or plutocracy of any kind. We are committed* to the freedom of Auraxis.

*until the defeat of the Terran Republic and Vanu Sovereignty
  14. Madcat9

Are the NC about to have a corporate merger with NS to start the end of the war?
  15. TheShrapnelKing

NS decided to make a profit off the war instead of joining our megaconglomerate to profit off the peace and are now opposing us. We will take their help as long as we get supplies from them but after the war we're going to seize all their assets and execute their board of directors.

Oh **** was I supposed to tell anyone that?
  16. Kunotron

From spending 7 months on Mattherson and about 4 1/2 on Waterson, this about sums up how I see the 2 communities.

Waterson
    [IMG]

Mattherson
    [IMG]
    • Up x 6
  17. FnkyTwn

No offense to Waterson, but Mattherson has better outfits.

It's 'harder' game play. Mattherson's BR30 is worth at least
    a BR45 on Waterson, if not more from the amount of action,
    tactics and coordination you see. Kunotron's pic sums it up.

Matherson is hardcore nitty gritty, and Waterson is a bunch
    of aspiring "authors" sipping their grande soy chai lattes.
    "Oh yes i'd love a cranberry scone. Thank you so much!"
  18. 0dineye

Thank you.
    I know Jax19 will thump for being a jerk and generally the rest of us will to. This is a game. It is fun to play hard. We all put everything we can if to playing well. There is no reason to try to make anyone else feel bad.

To Waterson decanters: when your outfit out-scores NUC, then you can say Matherson has better outfits.
  19. Obscura

No, go the hell away. you don't fix the population problems by abandoning one over populated faction and moving to another. TR have PLENTY of players, all you are doing is making the problem you speak of even worse.
  20. TeknoBug

Waterson TR isn't very good. But there definitely is a cleaner gameplay with almost non-existent trash talk.