Good HA streams

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by TheTreeness, Jul 21, 2013.

1. TheTreeness

Looking to learn about positioning and aiming technique, need a good HA player with at least 30% accuracy and HS/K with LMGs.
  2. Posse

30% headshots? Good luck finding that :p

It's way harder than getting 30% accuracy (more like impossible), just so you get the idea, in the last sessions I'm getting 25-27% accuracy and only around 15% headshots, you'll probably find the same patterns for every HA, no matter how good/bad he is.
  3. TheTreeness

It's possible but unfortunately the variety of planetside 2 player statistic sites don't allow for sorting leaderboards based on HS/K or infantry weapon accuracy.
    Here is the best infantry player whom I know of at the moment whom is nigh-omnipotent when he rolls HA, a fellow outfit member.
    https://players.planetside2.com/#!/5428010618038022593/weapons

There is definitely someone out there on the US servers better than him, problem is I don't know how to find them.
  4. Shanther

I tend to butcher my accuracy by always shooting at Harassers and ESFs, among other things that kill my accuracy.
  5. SirPurplePeopleEater

6. mpal

You will not find anyone with more than 30% hs/kill that isnt cheating and has more than 2k kills with their full auto weapon or the best player by far in this game. It just isnt that likely that you will get the last shot on the head 30% of the time, even if you're aiming there due to cof mechanics. Plus most of the time in this game, its better to aim at high chest rather than directly at the head (other than CQC). However, every situation is different.

Even your example, he doesnt even have 20% on his top 5 weapons. It doesnt make him a bad player, tho.
  7. TheTreeness

Hmm.. not what I was looking for but I've always been curious about FCRW ops. I'll watch it anyways thanks.
    By full-auto do you mean high ROF LMGs 652 and above?
    If so High ROF LMGs are difficult to maintain a high HS/K unless you limit yourself to 20/30 metres or less since aiming for the head at a distance just isn't practical due to COF, recoil and damage drop off. But with the slower ROF LMGs like the Flare, Ursa, TMG-50 and the Gauss SAW I find it hard to believe that it's impossible to achieve 30% HS/k since I'm currently standing at 25.5% HS/k on my Flare and 26% on my Gauss SAW.

Then again I'm assuming each HS/k percent improvement will be just as easy to improve upon as the last percent, which is obviously false.
  8. Pella

If you kill allot with a certain weapon. Such as an LMG you will struggle to maintain a 25%+ Accuracy. As you need to maintain a balance of Hipfire and ADS which with a bigger CoF your susceptible to miss bullets constantly. Thats just common sense.

So in theory people that boast of a high accuracy level. Dont kill that much. Unless Sniping, Or using a shotgun for instance.

Myself, I use only Ironsights, and just a laser attachment on all guns. As TR Recoil believe it or not, is easy to manage.
  9. SirPurplePeopleEater

twf is the best HA who streams on a consistent basis and people don't need silly high HS/K for you to be able to learn something from them.
  10. TheTreeness

True, but it's more efficient to learn from the best than it is to learn from the second best. I'll watch him anyways to see his general positioning habits since he's a multi-class infantry player.
  11. TheTreeness

Not true, from what I've seen, the person I mentioned never struggles to maintain 30%+ LMG accuracy while maintaining a decently high KPM of 1.4.
  12. Posse

Nay, that guy you linked is top tier (I don't know him but a quick look at his stats tell me that) and he's not even close to 20% headshots, besides, the random COF makes it hard to headshot consistently, there were many times when I was clearly aiming to the head at close-mid range (where it makes no sense to not go fullauto), started shooting, got the kill but it was no headshot since the last bullet randomly hitted him in the upper chest.

This guy is probably the best HA on Waterson and he isn't even close to 20% headshots either => http://ps2-stats.com/player/weapons/Traseros

Personally, I'm not even concerned with the accuracy/headshots stats, mainly because sometimes I try to pick guys way outside my optimum range (Orion with Iron sights, you get the idea, and it sometimes works! but my accuracy still will go down in those cases) or because I shoot at ESFs, so I don't have any way to know what my real accuracy is (and my 200ms definitely don't help in that aspect :p)

Besides, looking at your stats, you're already at a pretty high level yourself, right now you really don't have the skill ceiling (defining it as the skill that the best player would have at the moment) that far imo
  13. mpal

30% acc with high kpm and high kd with solid killstreaks are indicators of a really good player. You still need to watch them play tho; dat eye test.

As for hs%/kill, its not really a great indicator of skill unless its a cqc weapon. Due to cof mechanics, player ttk, and the shear number of hs's you have to land in a row holding the mouse down to get true "hs kills", you are really restricted to cqc ranges. I don't have experience with the gauss saw, but my experience with the ursa was that the number of his depended on whether I got lucky at range and the 3 rd burst landed on target with the other player not going back to cover which happened maybe 20-25% of the time and I had to be standing still. The situations in a truly even fight where all of those criteria are met don't happen a lot. I'm honestly curious as to how someone would break the 30% has mark with anything other than semi auto/basr.

Lastly I can tell you are not that bad yourself, its always important to continue to try to improve. Good luck finding the best HA that streams. Just don't be too surprised if you aren't awed at his skills :).
  14. Effreem

Maybe you should start streaming!
  15. MNO

Just started streaming, wouldn't say I'm the best player in the world but I do okay. 3.6kd, overall 32% accuracy, 29% with current LMG. I haven't played HA all that much recently, generally sticking to Engi/Inf, but I tend to do use HA quite alot on Ops.

I used to do the same thing with CS, watching demos of other players to see what little tricks and tips I could pick up, works well IMO.

My twitch link is at the top of my youtube banner which is linked in my sig.
  16. TheTreeness

Yes, I've run into those situations where my crosshair is clearly over the opponents head but no hit marker for a headshot was given due to COF.
    True, but I find concentrating on aiming for a higher LMG accuracy stat and HS/K stat helps me monitor my progress and whether or not I'm making a conscious effort to improve on each play session, not to mention it's also the part that keeps me addicted to PS2.

True, landing headshots at 30+m with an LMG consistently is extremely hard especially when server load, player and opponent ping tend to warp the actual hitbox when they fluctuate. Yeah, I was expecting to see human aimbot level skills from top-tier players like the old pro's from UT. Still, there's a lot to learn.

There are two skill areas in infantry play in my opinion that make the player. Positioning and aiming skill, my positioning skill is currently bottlenecking my potential and K/D. So I'm not satisfied with the quality of my infantry play to set up a stream, yet. Thanks for the support anyways.

Thanks man, I'll have a watch on your stream/youtube channel regardless. There is always something to learn.
  17. mpal

Definitely man, good luck in your search. Its always nice to see someone looking to improve rather than whine.
  18. Posse

I feel the opposite applies to me with aiming bottlenecking me, wanna consider a fusion? (?)
  19. TheTreeness

Yeah when human gene splicing becomes a reality until then, have to do it the old fashion way.
  20. KnightCole

I wish i had programs to make vids n stuff.

Im sitting at like 27pct hitrate with em6 26pct overall.
    122spm. 3.93kd. I dont aim all my shots in the head but do try to get a few hs in.