[Suggestion] LA tool - recon darts

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Badname3073, Jul 22, 2013.

1. Badname3073

Yes, those darts that infiltrators already have. Reconnaissance is one of the LA primary functions - so why not just give the recon darts to them as well? LAs are also particularly suited for weeding out enemy infestations in difficult to reach places - the recon dart tool would be amazing to have for that purpose too.

There, I solved the LA tool problem. No need for nuclear strikes and stuff like that. Devs, please implement, it should be easy since the tool already exists in game. Thanks.
  2. Mythicrose12

Pass. As if there wasn't bitter feelings from the infiltrator community against the LA community in the past, this would just make things worse. LA does need a tool, but not at the expense of stepping on another classe's feature. Also, a parked Flash with max scout radar can be used by the LA to great affect.
  3. tastyBerryPunch

LA needs a tool, so it can be used as more of team support class and not just solo-killing class. Recon darts aren't that tool though. The devs need to give them something else.
  4. Jkar

Sure, if you give infiltrators shotguns, C4 and underbarrel grenade launchers in return that wouldn't be too bad a trade right? ;)
  5. Badname3073

Alright then, in this case take the recon darts away from the infiltrators (as there is no reason why they should have them to begin with) and pass onto LAs. That way, no overlapping with another class' feature occurs.
    What you wrote is self-contradictory. Recon darts relay enemy locations to everyone in the vicinity, how is it not a team-support feature? It very much is, and this is precisely why recon darts naturally belong to LAs, and less so to infiltrators :)
  6. EvilJollyT

No. If you want recon darts play Infil with all the pros and cons that come with it. LA does not need any buffing, even if it is under the pretence of "support play".
    • Up x 2
  7. tastyBerryPunch

I meant recon darts aren't the right tool FOR the LA. They are a team support tool, but they already belong to the infiltrator class and if you take it from infiltrators you turn them into solo-killing class with occasional terminal hacking. I'd rather see the devs give the LA something unique.
  8. Badname3073

Cons? What cons are you talking about? I see only pros.

Besides, infiltrators do not need recon darts more than any other class. In fact, they need it less than any other class, since they have their cloak. So, infiltrators should be stripped of their recon darts, as they already have plenty of other abilities, and LAs should acquire recon darts instead as a class tool which they currently lack. That would be much more logical.
  9. Badname3073

Infiltrators have been a solo-killing class since last November, what are you talking about? They have sniper rifles, which are more solo-killing weapons than anything else. There is no reason at all why solo snipers should have recon darts, it has been a dev's oversight since the very beginning. Recon darts naturally belong to LAs, since team reconnaissance is their natural function.
  10. whitupiggu

Infiltrators are snipers? I should probably quit using that smg then.
  11. ZoeAlleyne

Coming from someone who plays infil quite often in a good outfit, Infils are far more useful than light assault. We bring our darts and our hacking ability. I roll with nano armor, my Cyclone and max recon darts. LA still has no group functionality, nothing infils and HA can't do better.
  12. tastyBerryPunch

Now who's self-contradictory? Because of the recon darts infiltrators can be used as reconnaissance and support their team. Do you want to take their scout rifles away too, because LA make better scouts?
  13. HadesR

You can have the dart gun in trade for your C4 :)
    • Up x 1
  14. Badname3073

Of course they are. You see, they get sniper rifles.
    I tend to agree with your point. LA do not have any team value, mainly because they do not have any team support tools. On the contrary, infs have at least two team support features - that is, darts and hacking, and on top of that they can both snipe long-range and go to CQC with SMGs and cloaks. Infs are currently way over the board functionality-wise. Taking the recon darts away from them and giving them to LAs would level the playing field somewhat.
  15. GhostAvatar

That part made me chuckle. Reconnaissance is one of the primary function of the light ASSAULT, derp!
    • Up x 2
  16. Badname3073

Didn't you read the topic? I suggested giving recon darts to LAs, to which you tried to object via a self-contradictory argument. Now you are making an attempt at straw man. What is your problem?
  17. Badname3073

I am sure it also makes you chuckle that INFILTRATORS get sniper rifles.
    • Up x 1
  18. Badname3073

How exactly? Do you have an access to the in-game dev console?
  19. tastyBerryPunch

You missunderstood my first statement and now you got butt hurt, because people don't agree with you, so this is my last post.
    I never said recon darts aren't a team support tool, I said they are not the right tool for the LA and that it would be better if the devs gave LA something unique and not just a copy of another classes tool/ability. Then you said how iniltrators are all about soloing, yet they have the recon darts, which are a great team support tool and you seem agree with that, so how can they be a stricly solo class I also want LA to get a tool that would help out their team, but that tool should be something new and unique.
  20. Badname3073

Whatever. Thanks for you opinion anyway.