Not sure if it's a bug or feature...

Discussion in 'Test Server: Discussion' started by DistantPower, Jul 16, 2013.

1. DistantPower

However I noticed something, while perusing Esamir on PTS earlier.

I was flying around, checking out the new bases, when I got shot down (I was LA so I glided safely to the ground). I landed at the base called 'The Octagon', a swanky looking fort-like structure. Anyway I found that I could cap the points (and gain XP). However I had no link to any TR territory, so the capture Timer didn't start. I tried it again at Elli and found exactly the same thing. I then capped a base, that had a link to TR land and sure enough the timer started.

Now I'm not sure if it's an oversight or a new feature but personally I think it's rather neat. It could give Spec Ops something do to, like sabotage defenses behind enemy lines or prep a base for the main force. Also, unless someone really wants XP, it means huge clumps of troops don't have to wait around a base that much. Theoretically an outfit or groups of outfits working together, could temporarily leave a small garrison behind (maybe a squad or two), to manage the capping of the base there, while the bulk moves to assault a new base somewhere down the lattice link.

Coupled with the new respawn changes, I believe this could work and ease the flow a bit. It won't solve all problems and maybe it might turn out to be false hope after all. Anyway I'm curious to see what you think. Could this help in some way or is it just another band-aid or oversight, which will disappear?
  2. Elia Chobanov

Nah, it's a bug.
  3. DistantPower

It's gone now, from what I've seen. Ah well, there you go. Could've been an idea but bugs are bugs.