TR has the worst LMGs

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Ned, Jul 20, 2013.

1. Cinnamon

I don't have any major complaints about TR LMG at the moment.

Carv is a decent weapon. I got auraxium with it after the foregrip changes without losing any hair.

MSW-R isn't quite as good as Orion but Orion is either the best or one of the best guns in the game so it's almost a top tier weapon. There is more to complain about with how the Bull performs compared to the SVA-88.

T16 is a good compromise of fire rate, accuracy and mag size. Solid performer for people who want a smoother ads weapon.

TMG-50 is the only higher damage option and it's a weapon that is a bit rough and underwhelming compared to some NC guns. I guess that might be a valid complaint.
    • Up x 1
  2. eldarfalcongravtank

Ned, i demand a "VS has the worst pistols" thread next!
  3. Alarox

TR LMGs are fine. They can perform at pretty much every range, but for long-range they're limited and most of their weapons are CQC oriented.

They just need more variety. All I see are:

T9 Carv (default, fastest TTK)
    T9 Carv-S (balanced)
    TMG-50 (most accurate)
  4. Rogueghost

I hate the tmg-50 so much, I'd take any other lmg in the game over it.
    • Up x 1
  5. HooWoo

If you can't use the T9 CARV at long ranges effectively, you obviously don't know how to tap-fire very well...
  6. FnkyTwn

I'm not reading through 4 pages of nonsense, and all i've got to say,
    as somebody who has Auraxiumed the SAW, TMG-50 and the Ursa,
    and who's very close to it with the Flare and EM6.. the TMG-50 is the
    King of the LMGs.

It's true that TR only gets the one 167dmg LMG, but that's because
    they get the best 167dmg LMG. You should be happy for yourself.

The EM6 used to be ever so slightly better than the TMG-50, but the
    Foregrip changes ended that. TMG-50 is now the clear 167dmg King.
    • Up x 1
  7. OmegaPREDATOR

For me it's just another "The grass is always greener on the other side of the fenc" post.

Here is a constructive post of Rigdta on SMG with data sheets as arguments.

ps: he say VS ones ares the worse but he seems to be an VS ... o_O
  8. Ned

Since I play all three factions, the grass is the same to me
    • Up x 1
  9. OmegaPREDATOR

Make mistake between LMG and SMG ! Sorry for that. But data sheets are the only way to proof what you say.

Still TR LMG are find IMO, fast kill at close range and could be use in full auto at long range.

I will not campare with other guns cause for me the better gun is a double vanguard 150 HE mount on a MAX (and we don't have it :() or the engi nanite repearing pistol (give me lots af XP).
  10. THUGGERNAUT

this is truth. EM6 used to be the best 167 LMG before the the first-shot recoil nerf and the attachment nerf. it's still decent but nowhere near as universally badass as it used to be.
  11. Phrygen

I think the Rhino and the TMG-50 are quality weapons
  12. Ganelon

No, you got it spot-on.

We're still suffering from the nerfs imposed on our LMGs when flinch made them OP. Sadly, the removal of flinch didn't mean reverting the nerfs.
    • Up x 5
  13. Casterbridge

I'm not sure what to say when someone says the MSW-R is a poor LMG, it's easily one of my favorites.

Long range TR LMGs may not be as good as some of the hard hitting NC, but I find them good for my normal range of close to medium.
  14. Wulfen109

Im sorry but i have to disagree. TR weapons are very good. A problem with thinking weapons are bad is because you are burnt out of using them and trying out another faction's weapon makes it appear that it is way better
  15. Fenrys

I'm inclined to agree with the OP, and the stats seem to back it up:
    http://ps2-stats.com/weapon/infantrytype/lmg/all/per-hour

Ranked by average kills per hour, the top 10 looks like:

VS have LMGs at #:
    1, 3, 4, 7, and 10

NC have LMGs at #:
    2, 5, and 9

TR have LMGs at #:
    6 and 8

Also, the default TR LMG is a little behind the other empire's default HA weapons.

What the stats don't make apparent is that the TR use shotguns more often than any other empire, even more than NC with their Jackhammers. So the TR LMGs are slightly sub par, leading to mass shotgun use, which pulls down the average TR LMG stats because only players who don't know better are using them.
    • Up x 2
  16. Kuklakot

Yeah it can't, but with minimal vertical recoil it really doesn't need it. Compensators have negatives as well (worse hipfire and extended audible range) and you get a gun that performs just as well as other factions' LMGs with compensator but without one.

TMG-50 isn't poor man's EM6, it's rich man's GAUSS SAW S, identical down to every stat except better first shot multiplier. EM6 is a whole different beast with more ammo, much more recoil and whooping 4% DPS advantage.

As far variety of choice for other factions go, please point me towards high DPS LMG option for NC. TR has two - CARV and MSW-R.

All factions are missing something that other factions have, this is how asymmetrical balance supposed to work, but you only focusing on parts that missing for your own faction and ignore the same for others.
  17. IamDH

Then you arent using it right
  18. Ned

As previously stated, I have spent a lot of time with all 3 factions using various LMGs, this argument doesnt come from me playing NC or VS once and getting some good kills, this is after spending a long time with each faction and their LMGs
  19. Wulfen109

i mean it's your word against mine. You wanted to hear opinions, this is mine. To each their own my friend
  20. Unclematos7

1.Get a T9 carv or MSW-R(both are good with their semi SMG ROF).
    2.Add a laser sight(advanced for MSW-R).
    3.Hipfire the crap out of everything.
    4.??????CERTS!!!!!