Reduce NC clips...

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Scorponok, Jul 20, 2013.

1. SolidSnake

Did you not learn anything with the introduction of SMGs? This is why most NC HAs don't use the SAW in CQC, despite its higher damage, its slow rate of fire makes it a liability up close. RoF is what counts in CQC, shotguns aside, and asking for it to be slowed is like asking to get one of your hands tied behind your back in a fistfight.
  2. SolidSnake

HAH! that's exactly what I was thinking. Perfect example.
  3. Messaiga

I use the SAW in CQC plenty of times and I do fine, it certainly doesn't match up to the DPS of the GD-7F but I was saying, that the same DPS can be achieved with a higher damage per bullet and slower ROF when compared to a low damage per bullet and high ROF weapon. Our SMG, the AF-4 Cyclone demonstrates this pretty well, having higher DPS than the Eridani, but a little less than the Armistice in exchange for having better range (somewhat).
  4. Phrygen

assuming this is done, reload speeds would have to change.

Edit: i don't like the idea at all btw.
  5. Wulfen109

hate it because its not true. Why do we need clip decreases? Please tell me you just have a NC pic as a joke and you are really TR or VS
  6. Wulfen109

lever action shot gun sounds pretty awesome. I think it would be fitting for NC
  7. Wulfen109

i always argued that the ac11x and reaper dmr need to have 25 round clips instead of 20
    • Up x 1
  8. RHINO_Mk.II

ACX11 and Reaper DMR both need a clip size increase from 20 to 25 rounds to even put them on par with damage per mag for NC/VS assault rifles and carbines. Nevermind the fact that TR have an average of 20% more damage per magazine on those weapon types.
    • Up x 2
  9. PieBringer

I forgot to say earlier: all NC MAX Shotguns would also receive increases to default magazine size. 16 for Scattercannons, Hacksaws, and Mattocks, extended magazine would bring it up to 20. Grinder would have 20 stock, and have reload speed certs instead of extended magazine.
  10. Archlyte

NC miss so much because of Bloom and RoF, reducing clip size further would be about like having half the effective clip size of the other empires.
    Instead of this idea, just make all weapons closer in performance and be done with it. That or bring back equipment dropping like in PS1.
    • Up x 1
  11. Hibiki54

While I would thoroughly enjoy that, sometimes I want to shoot fast. So no. Just no.
  12. HerpTheDerp

So... do you have a reason? Or did that thought just randomly cross your head and you decided to make a thread about it?
  13. Bankrotas

But there was a lot of sarcasm in that post, that you didn't get :)
  14. DanGadelha

agree. reduce ammo in clips to 10, make each bullet go trough terrain, trough base and spawn shields, trough vehicles trough walls, and melt everything they touch. :eek:
  15. HerpTheDerp

SAW's horrible hipfire accuracy is what makes it a liability in CQB, not its rate of fire.
  16. supahitecjetfyta

slow rate of fire, 20 round mag and high damage?
    the Warden
    id love another Battle Rifle
  17. Goretzu

Then respawn behind the MAX hitting it in the back. :eek:
  18. ComradeHavoc

[IMG]
    This thread has been freed by the New Conglomerate, enjoy freedom of speech and a cold beer.
    • Up x 11
  19. OddChelsea

That max used to have balls of steel. Also we New Conglomerate soldiers enjoy free bacon every day.

Also to the OP, you can claim that your opinion is the truth all you want but you have failed to provide a single constructive reason as to why NC guns should have their mag size reduced.
    • Up x 1
  20. Tobax

To even what out? they are fairly even already and the different in clip size is offset by fire speed against damage to keep it balanced and offer people options between slow and powerful, fast and weak and the middle ground, options are good to have.
    There already is a Carbine with 20 bullets per clip, if that's what you want then why don't you just use it? because your stats page shows that the top 3 carbines you use are all 30 clip guns.
    • Up x 1