everytime i aim down gun it automatically goes back to hipfire view..i cant aim? any idea why?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Kimble, Jul 18, 2013.

1. Kimble

Is my mouse screwed? its less than a year old.

Someone said check ads settings your toggle setting i have NO IDEA WHAT THAT MEANS..WHERE TO CHECK...

Thanks.
  2. Tradewind

Stupid question, but I assume you're pressing and holding? Otherwise what they're talking about is setting aim down sight to toggle under the gameplay options as opposed to being click and hold.
  3. Duvenel

What Tradewind said, it should be under your general settings, the same area that has your mouse sensitivity settings. There should be a checkbox there for it.
  4. Kimble

is it called "zoom toggle" in general? If so it is unchecked.

I guess I have a bad mouse??
  5. Tradewind

It depends on what kind of behavior you're expecting. If you're clicking then holding and it still zooms out, well that's obviously not working. If you're clicking once and expecting it to stay zoomed in until you click again, then you need to turn on the toggle setting.

Bad mouse? If it's a Razer, yeah probably.
  6. Ripshaft

My mouse recently failed, and seems to have caused hardware damage to my motherboard in the process, one of the early signs was the rmb being highly inconsistent, when i ads'd it'd often snap almost immediately back to non ads, sometimes alternating back and forth at crazy speeds. So it might be your mouse, but you should be able to very easily confirm if it's your mouse by using it outside of ps2, a problem with your mouse would apply everywhere, not just ps2.
  7. Kimble

yes i am holding right mouse button and it wont stay zoomed it keeps jittering back out and forth....screwy.......
  8. MarlboroMan-E

Might want to try another mouse ... definitely not working as intended. You shoot stay ADS as long as you're holding the button down.
  9. Oheck

Do you have a macro setup on that button?
  10. Stigma

That happens if a mouse microswitch has been worn out. If you press the button really hard, does it then work better? If so you have simply worn out the button on your mouse and need a new one. If not then something else is happening, try testing if the right-mouse button works normally in windows (try right-click dragging some stuff around the desktop and see if it "loses its grip" on the icon or not).

-Stigma
  11. _Hoist_

Had something similar on two of my razers mice. Bending the button a bit upward at the front fixed it. Happened to my logitech as well :( couldnt be fixed.