please for the love of god remove weapons lock OR freindly fire

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Nogrim313, Jul 17, 2013.

1. JonnyBeanTown

I am a rank 49 and have yet to have been weapon locked. Its not that hard to be mindful of where your teammates are.
  2. RealityWarrior

You can not get locked 7 times by "an ally" walking in front of you while shooting. You can't get locked once by 3 allies walking in front of you. To get locked 7 times in 3 hours you would HAVE TO PURPOSEFULLY BE SHOOTING FRIENDLIES.

Your "Friend" is why I am glad that it is in the game and think it needs to be applied easier.
  3. Vyss

What they need is a russian style commissar npc that shoots them in the head if they stay inside for more than 20 seconds and yells "#PlayerName was a coward, who's next?"
  4. TheSandwichMakr

I've never had weapons locked but I do beleive some things need to be adjusted such as no ff inside friendly spawn rooms and when a gen is destroyed with friendlies in the room it should be considered suicide and not blame the person who destroyed the gen as well as debris and damage from your vehicle exploding because neither are controllable. I also think ff should be removed or at least reduced for players under br 15 both to help newer players and to stop people from creating accounts just to grief.
  5. Booface

1. Friendly fire makes close quarters combat possible. If infiltrators and LAs manage to get into close combat, friendly fire (actually, the fear thereof) is what gives them survivability. Otherwise, folks would just gun down any human-shaped target in range until something dies.
    2. Friendly fire nerfs spam. You can't just fire explosives and are-of-effect weapons into mixed groups of infantry. If you could, then infantry battles would quickly disappear and become simplistic farming.
    3. Friendly fire rewards perceptive players. The faster you can identify an enemy, the less likely you are to lose a firefight.
    4. Friendly fire dampens the zerg. It's already a zerg-centric game, but friendly fire is a small equalizer. Large clumps of players and vehicles will have trouble all firing out of the zerg at the same time, whereas a more organized group will have slightly more effectiveness in comparison.
    5. If friendly fire were removed, you wouldn't be able to flashbang a small room and then laugh maniacally as the 15 guys crammed inside demolish each other in a confused panic, then mop up the guilt-ridden survivors.
    • Up x 1
  6. geekrider

..just scream into proximity chat to get out of the way......problem solved

EDIT: ok after reading some more i realize OP already tried screaming :p my bad....then again i read a lot and very few guys said they were ever weapon locked..and that too at an average of 5-10 minutes max...yet some of you just cant understand 2 words "STOP FIRING"...or 6 words "KEEP YOUR FINGER OFF THE TRIGGER"...or 4 words "FIND AN ALTERNATE TACTIC"
  7. PWGuy93

This is why I am hopeful of the terrain and base changes on Esimar with GU13. There look to be alternatives to getting outside, as is what's the option when the spawn room is covered 360 degrees by air, vehicles and infantry - the option is to shoot through the shields. It's not players being afraid or cowards, there's not a need for an NPC to shoot players, the options need to be other escape routes.
  8. footjam

God does not exist so weapons lock will not be removed per your request.
  9. EvilJollyT

No. The system works fine. In all my playtime I have never been grief locked.

Stop spamming your turrets out of the spawn rooms and killing the firendlies actually trying to so something useful. Engineer Turrets bring nothing to this game other than mindless spam from stationary targets. i.e.idiots

I don't think I've ever actually seen one kill anything.
  10. SpetV

I quess you're one of the players that wants to kill an enemy so much that he just gets in front of an ally shooting after him.
  11. Ripshaft

I'm beginning to think nobody actually read his post, I'd like to think nobody is that stupid, so he's proooobbably just trolling. He basically just said "I like to shoot people mindlessly", "I'm being punished for it, it's gotta go", "but it's ok lets keep the system so you can still grief people"

.... and people still take it seriously... If it's not a troll, it's something much worse, either way, best to just pretend it doesnt exist and hope it goes away.
  12. SpetV

You can if you're atacking a biolab and shoot enemies from the spawn and anslly walks in front of the door or window while you're shooting after someone. Trust me, just go into a biolab you're faction is attacking, stay in the teleporter spawn room and shoot after enemies while you're in a chamber with more than 20 allies. See how many get in front of you.
  13. SpetV

When you're atacking a biolab(48+ on both factions) and all your allies are camped in the teleporter spawn room see how many get in front of you while you're shooting after an enemy. I even killed a f**king ally that walked in front of me while shooting after an enemy, and that was on an open field not a damn biolab, I don't know what's wrong with some VS from Waterson but why the f**k do they have to walk in front of someone who's shooting?
  14. Oheck

Well, honestly I would not be firing in such a congested area. Which is one reason I don't get locked. Maybe some of us are just more aware of other players? Been playing FPS's for a very long time..and I hold fire when friendlies get near my reticle even in games that have friendly fire off. Just a reflex. Its not a perfect reflex, but if I do accidentally tag someone I rarely ever kill them. First indication of a friendly hit and I'm off the fire button.

You need to be smarter then that mass of people that will sit in a spawn room till the timer ticks away to nothin anyways. That time is better spent pulling sundies, galaxies, etc and counter attacking from a point of strength versus firing from shielded spawn doorways till your eminent demise.....but i'm off topic now...
  15. SLiCKRiCK

They need to make it work like Battlefield, where when you shoot a friendly, you are dealt damage (% based) as well. That system works well, as there is an immediate consequence of team-killing. On top of that, have it lower your score for killing teammates if they choose not to "forgive" you for the TK.

I do agree though, that friendlies should not take damage for the first bit of damage, to prevent brief accidental damage.
  16. Vyss

True at times but there are many who never try to push out even though I will go and get 3+ kills every time I push. Sucks because without help the enemy quickly recovers
  17. Crewell

Been playing since December and only once had a weapon lock. It's not really a problem.
    • Up x 1
  18. Crator

Interesting mechanic. Sounds like it would work in Planetside too.
  19. Phazaar

It's amazing how the majority of players seem to A: be pro weapon lock, and B: not ever get weapon locked... You ever get the feeling you're just not meant to be trusted with a firearm OP?
  20. Accuser

I've never been weapon locked on any character either.
    I'm pretty sure there's a system in place where damaging an enemy reduces your grief level... You just have to start shooting enemies.
    It might be good to re-tune the grief for drivers though, since they don't get the grief-reduction their gunners earn.