please for the love of god remove weapons lock OR freindly fire

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Nogrim313, Jul 17, 2013.

1. FABIIK

As Regpuppy said earlier:
    "As for removing friendly fire damage? Horrible idea for this game. Know why? The tactics it encourages in regards to explosives and infantry fights.
    See friendly infantry fighting other friendly infantry on a point as a lib/tank driver? Shell the living hell out of it since there's no consequences for doing so.
    Paranoid and think there's an infiltrator in the middle of all your friendlies? Shell them for lulz and find out.

It just really introduces a whole new level to cheese tactics I really don't care for."

Crowded fight with enemies AND friendlies around ? It takes skill to take out enemies without killing teammates.
    Without friendly fire ? No skills required. Just hose bullets 360.
    • Up x 1
  2. The King

I go where the platoon leader orders, however, if there is no reason to be there, I move on to the next general area where I think he/she want us to go. Since the lattice helps with that and all.. If the dude yells at me, I leave.
    I was in a platoon where the ******* leader ordered everyone to 1 area and we had 90% of the population there. (around 80 players or more..
    I was at the one area with a few other VS trying to defend an area.
    He yelled at 3 of us saying he'll kick us if we do not move to this area he wanted everyone at.
    I messaged and said I am not going to ghost cap, and I left.

What happened was. We had 20 minutes left on the alert and we were outnumbered, but we still had around 26% of the territory.

What the platoon did was "ghost cap" or fought where there was no resistant at and captured 3 bases with all those players. Fighting no one, really...

What the TR did, they fought the NC hard and fought us lightly and took all the territory to our warpgates..... We ended up with ~13% of the territory. If the platoon leader wasn't stupid in the head, he could have sent players to help defend and we wouldn't have looked like ******* fools out there. Anyways, I am 100% sure I got 800% more certs than what most of them in the platoon got. Since I got way more kills than them. You don't have to follow where the dude orders you to.
  3. Fenrys

Give more grief for FF please. Weapons lock does not happen fast enough. Intentional griefers are allowed to continue their bad behavior too long.

Also, hardware/IP ban anyone who C4's a friendly AMS.
    • Up x 1
  4. Garbageman

Not that please. I prefer just the opposite. I will deal with figuring out how to not shoot other players of my own faction. I'd rather see Sony weapon lock players even faster for TKing. I can control what I do. I cannot control what other players do. When some jerk wants to TK me because he fancies himself a spy for the other side, or when some other player just thinks it is funny to deliberately run over my AA MAX with his vehicle, they should get locked if not ejected.
  5. mikus72

I am Br 79.. have played for 39 in game days I think now and have NEVER had weapons lock, use many weapons (including the engie inf turret) and all classes. Do tk unintentionally on occasion yes like everyone else, but if your constantly weapons locked... your a baddie, or your connection is so bad you shouldn't be playing anyway... the people in this game are by far the biggest whiners I have ever played with. Also nice fourth factioning signatures. Whine much about weapons lock while bouncing factions for alerts. I have other factions as well but on other servers. another indicator of your gaming etiquette.
  6. Rift23

Yeah, and that's why it's messed up. People making mistakes and only damaging get locked faster than deliberate griefers doing insta-kills.
  7. Gustavo M

It's called "playing as a team".
    • Up x 1
  8. Jube

I accidentally kill and get killed by teammates everyday. If your in a platoon vs platoon battle it's going to happen. Yet I've only been weapons locked one time since I started playing and when it happened I was so new to the game I didn't know what it was. (Level 71 now)
    If you got all the way to a 15 minute lock, it's because you don't care how many TK's your making your only interested in farming kills and not in taking the objectives. So yea you deserved to be locked out.
  9. Gustavo M

What if it was a friendly who tried to C4 a enemy MAX close by the Sunderer?
  10. Fenrys

I assume that would show up in the data when a GM investigates and would be taken into consideration before dropping the banhammer.
  11. SpetV

My friend got weapon lock 7 times in less than 2-3 hours just because some stupid allies walked in front of him while he was shooting at an enemy. Who doesn't hate when he gets weapon lock because of a stupid ally that walked in front of a lining fire?
  12. starlinvf

I doubt its been mentioned yet, but grief points diminish faster if your scoring points in the mean time. For most players it requires a deliberate effort to get weapons lock, largely in part to grief prone situations being extremely predictable/obvious. When such situations arise, taking out the idiot furthest in front (in view of all the guys behind him) gets the message across very quickly. Those that fail to heed that warning (or suffer from cognitive disorders) can be dealt with using any of the engineer explosives and some attentive enemy to set it off. People LOVE shooting explosives when they see them.... like magnets. idiots are dead, a lesson is learned, someone made a ton of points, and you incurred no grief in the process.

I've only gotten weapons lock on 2, maybe 3 occasions. The first I remember since it involved an HE Vanguard (back when HE was crazy powerful), the back door of the tech plant, and a MAX that didn't understand how splash damage works. The only reason I kept firing was because of how critical it was to keeping the door suppressed (scoring at least a hit or a kill per shot), and knew a good minute ahead of time this was going to end in a weapons lock.
  13. BoomBoom4You

I've never, ever been weapons locked and I play engie quite a bit. It's pretty easy, don't shoot your teammates or setup where your teammates are likely to walk in front of you.
  14. RealityWarrior

I am BR 51.

There is a final Warning? I have never even gotten that far
  15. FABIIK

Your friend is stupid...
    • Up x 3
  16. Fenrys

I've been locked a handful of times, and only once did it feel kind of random. I was fleeing in a Magrider, and just as I passed by a cluster of friendlies my flaming tank blew up and killed them all. It counted as a suicide, and took me directly from no grief to weapons lock.

The other times I knew it would happen, but decided to do it anyway because it was needed - defending the back door of a tech plant with a Lasher from the balcony while some less aware friendlies stand in the doorways. On at least 2 occasions, the back door was overrun less than 30 seconds after I got locked. Press Delete and go make a sandwich.
  17. Canaris

sounds like you are the one in need of learning some aim, I've been playing Planetside since 2003 and PS2 since the first tech test, I have never, ever been weapon locked or even close.
  18. Rothnang

Friendly fire and weapons locking are important to Planetside 2 because without them there would be absolutely nothing keeping your from just spraying into a crowd and watching the kills roll in. Seriously, if they ever removed either one of those it would turn the game absolutely stupid overnight. The fact that you can hurt your team mates is essential to not making stuff like grenade spam completely overpowered.

I could see giving a turret "Smart targeting" that locks your weapon when ever you are point it at a friendly so that it doesn't even fire. I mean some weapons could have that as an add-on, like engineer default turrets (Which need some help anyways).
  19. Oheck

7 times...your friend gets weapons lock 7 times and you call the other players stupid? Maybe tell your stupid friend not to shoot EVERYTHING that crosses in front of him. Your friend sucks.
    • Up x 1
  20. tissueissue

Again, why dont make it reflective.