200 resources to WOUND things

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Bill Hicks, Jul 16, 2013.

1. Adjuchas

That might be true, but I tend to find that invisible rockets don't instantly kill me, I usually have a good chance of retreating vs a mana turret, even two focusing me. Defending your tank against c-4 is theoretically easy, but you need to be prepared to do nothing else but watch your back. This is not how tank combat should be.
  2. WookLordz

Yeah, but it's pretty damn useful right now. Do you think giving people a slightly improved version of an already effective tool will make them use it when they weren't in the 1st place. Probably not. It's much easier to come here and whine about it. They'll still have to give up their Vanguard Shield so that won't be good enough.
  3. WookLordz

Have you not ever seen a movie or documentary about, say, WWII tank combat?
    • Up x 2
  4. Roarboar

350 infantry resources to get instagibbed by 100 resources. Know what im talking about?
  5. The King

The tank that cost 450 resources can kill 100s and players....(okay, it'll prolly kill a few vehicles and quite a few infantry, unless you're rambo mind gets the best of you)
    the "2C4 faries" using 4 bricks, which cost 400 resources can only kill ~2 players. THey may use 3.. or 2...

THose who complain and say,"wah 2 C4 kills a 450res tank, that's bs!!!! 200 res shouldn't kill 450!!!!" are not thinking straight..
    Those C4 aren't killing that many. That is a fact. You would have to use a lot of resources to kill many. With a tank, you only use those and then you can kill as many as you can until it dies. The potential is there. With a few C4, there's not much room for a lot of potential.
    • Up x 2
  6. Sharpe

Except a properly played light assault can destroy a tank - any tank - at will. Just drop pod right on it.
    You don't even have to drop pod, get drifter jets, find a high place and just pick and chose something to blow up with absolutely zero risk to yourself.
    Also, after the C4 nerf you can still just make a anti-tank loadout, and carry a UBGL to one shot things still.

Are you people just whining for the sake of whining?
    C4 is obviously quite OP atm, from invisible drop podders to suicide C4 flashes.

IF you want to kill tank farmers with relative ease, without expending a single infantry resource, and being able to kill as many as you like - PULL a god damn AP MBT. How is this a difficult concept?

Right now, if a guy in a tank annoys me one bit, I just pass squad leader to someone in the vicinity, drop pod right next to it, jump jet a little and boom - that was REALLY risky for me! oh wait - it was just a cheese kill actually.
    • Up x 1
  7. SpetV

Let's don't forget that if you throw a C4 and you die before detonating it you just wasted 100 resources(unless a medic revives you and you detonate it). There are also chances that the vehicle may move right when you throw the C4 and you missed the vehicle, another time you waste 100 resources. People just need to learn that this game is not World of Tanks, it's a war game.
    • Up x 2
  8. Mythicrose12

Get flak armor to help project your 350 resource unit so it takes 200 resources to bring down your 350 resources. Better yet, have a medic and egineer repair you so the only thing lost is your kill streak. I have little sympathy for a MAX (complaining about C-4) that can be revived and repaired multiple times (well..until their farm spot is completely over run at any rate).
  9. Adjuchas

Equally, a c-4 charge could kill hundreds if that many people were standing on it.
    A tank could be killed within 5 minutes of being spawned and score no kills, for 450 certs. Potentially, I could solo warp gate a faction.
    • Up x 1
  10. SpaceMilk

Uh no it isn't.

C4 is a risk for reward thing. Blowing up a tank is NOT the easiest thing to do and it doesn't mean some one is lousy.
    However defending a tank from a LA is a piece of cake and not really 'risky.' If you fail to defend yourself from a LA that is just lousy.
    Protecting a tank from C4 IS a simple task. However the thing is that either LA's are smart enough to sneak up on tanks (not the tanks fault unless they have proximity radar) or the tank crew is terrible.

C4 is not a problem and I see no reason to nerf it. People need to be aware of their surroundings, and just so they get killed 2-3 times by C4 during one play through doesn't mean to cry on the forums. Think about it, its 2 TO 3 TIMES. I get killed more by HA's and other tanks, does that mean nerf them too?
    • Up x 2
  11. SpaceMilk

Putting it in a crowded place is even MORE risky.

A LA could be killed with 2 bricks of C4 seconds after being spawned and score no kills, for about 400 resources.
  12. The King

Me whining?
    The people who wanted it nerf is whining.
    People who is calling it OP is whining. Players like myself will rarely die to C4.
    There is no reason to nerf the damage. THough, to make my tank even stronger towards infantry is just not good.

The ONLY time I die to C4 is when I am careless. I do not call for nerfs or cry. I laugh it off and KNOW what mistake I did to cause this.
    Though, out of approximately 10 hours of playing, I was only killed 1 time with C4. (I was using only vehicles)
    And I know why. I was in the enemies base and a light assault came out of the side tubes and ran towards the tower with the AA and AV turrets. He went next to me as I carelessly stood there for a short while. Yes, short, but I didn't have to be near that.
    I know my own mistake. i'm not here crying like you guys.

You can say they can DJ from the middle right on top of me. Yeah, they can do that. Though, they aren't getting me almost all the time. I've killed 100s of players who do that even after they dropped a C4, wasting their resources...
    • Up x 2
  13. holycaveman

C4 needs to be much more expensive. The damage is not the problem. Its too available, and spammed too much.
  14. deggy

It's nice how the Light assaults are still accusing tankers of "crying too much". Did everyone just totally miss the reaction when C4 got nerfed on PTS?

"My class is useless now!"

"LA is now the worst class in the game."

"Well tanks are OP now."

Really, guys? You do have GUNS, ya know. A lot of the pro-C4 players I see in these threads have almost as many kills with C4 as with their primary weapons. That means something is wrong.

Just remember: Tanks got nerfed. They got nerfed HARD with the resource change. HE rounds were nerfed ages ago. They're already worse off than infantry in a lot of situations.

Then you accuse us of whining too much.

Then one single optional aspect of your precious class gets nerfed and you do the same thing, except worse.
  15. SpaceMilk

I haven't bought C4 yet and I am not planning to as I barely use LA.
    And yes, YOU ARE whining too much. I usually fly ESF's, play HA, and sometimes even rollout on a tank or ride a Sunderer.
    I have been killed once in a tank and that was because I was in a HEAVILY heated battle and I could not tell friend from foe, everyone was shooting everyone and I blew up by C4. The LA was lucky he didn't get shot or blown up while attempting his operation.
    I have died twice in a Sunderer that I remember by C4. Once when I was deployed in a Sunderer and I was looking at my stats. Then I blew up. LA C4'd me. I did not rage, I was not playing, I deserved it.
    The second time was when I was riding in a Sunderer and I was gunning with the default weapon. Some NC ambushed us on Amerish while we were in the mountains. We were trying to get away and I was focusing my fire behind us on the NC squad. Little did we know that someone ahead placed some C4 on the road and ran away. He blew us up when we were over it. The C4 coupled with the damage with some rockets killed us. Those people were very smart.

These people with C4 either sneak up on you and blow you up with out you knowing, or because you are not focusing on the game or you are a terrible shot.
    • Up x 1
  16. Wariamu

As far as I know, If you put two C4s on thew back of a tank it will blow up instantly.

Same with a sunderer and I think sunderers have more health than tanks.

The only times when it doesn't kill them with one c4, is when they have certs in armor upgrades and I think that's very fair and I can really live with it. I think damaging something at 7/8th of its health is already pretty damn ******* good and then you can just leave the rest to your teammates.

I always use the c4 and I have nothing to complain about at all.
  17. deggy

C4 won't oneshot a full-health Sunderer, ever. It leaves it burning with something like 30 seconds to live. And it isn't dependent on directional armor, meaning that on the front of a tank it will do the same damage as on the back. That also means that there is no cert that prevents it from doing full damage.
  18. deggy

I'm not saying tankers don't whine. I'm saying that the Light Assault crowd whined even more.

One part of the class got fake-nerfed. It was apparently the end of the world to LA players.
  19. Wariamu

I'm pretty damn sure I destroyed a sunderer one with with 2 C4s a bunch of times and no one was around to deal damage to it and I have pretty good reasons to believe it wasn't damaged.

But maybe I'm wrong and whenever that happened it wasn't damaged.

One way or another, I don't really have any reasons to complain about damage of C4.

So basically if something has front armor and you put the C4 on it, it wont be protected by the armor? that doesn't make sense.

Can't they change the name of C4 anyway XD just for the sake of.. this is a futurist game! Gosh can't the be using more sci-fi-y name for explosives? Or just .. tactical explosives. IDK.
  20. SpaceMilk

Compared to the Vanu Tank drivers when they thought their Magrider got nerfed months ago, this was nothing.