New C4 damage to tanks + Video

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Haruk, Jul 16, 2013.

1. Inu

If they didn't cost resources the numbers would show a different story. Resources limit the kills, doesn't mean its unbalanced, especially now that resources are more scarce for tanks. Yes i realize it effects C4 too, but my point still stands.
    • Up x 1
  2. NinjaKirby

I tank in both our MBT & Lightning, I don't even have the chassis cert'd beyond the first stage, so the Vanguard especially isn't the swiftest mother on the battle field.

But I practically never die to C4. The C4 did not need this nerf.

If people who choose to drive a tank just 3rd Person'd occasionally, did a 360 degree (Make Maggie's rotate faster or whatever the hell to solve their problem), and paid at least some remote attention: people wouldn't die to this ****.

Because, I certainly do not. And I'm so far from being an amazing player.
  3. Phrygen

clearly i meant XP, but you got me. kudos.
  4. BigMacDeez

I hope not. Nothing is better than beating the Loader with the Ejector.
  5. Larolyn

My last 2 deaths by C4 while in a tank were not while stationary and both of them have me very puzzled as to how I could even die. I had just kill a Vulcan Harraser in Esamir. Scary things, was at low health and had already popped shield. Saw the engineer and ran him over. At least on my screen I did. We discussed it afterwards and on his screen he jumped over my tank and dropped C4 and it blew me up. Acknowledge I was already low health but this dodgy client side hit detection is odd.

Second recent death to C4 was after killing an AP lightning and seeing the guy who bailed and survived run towards me. Shot him with AP round and at the exact same moment my tank died to C4. Again I do not understand how he managed to bail from tank so fast, get to my position and get the C4 down. Something very odd about the whole death but again, this client side hit detection is so messy when TTK is so low.

I never stay still and always move but C4 is still my biggest enemy. I am a pure amour killer and do not farm infantry with this thing. The changes to C4 are welcome. I've had LAs drop from squad deploys in open ground and insta gib me on the move, I've been taken out be engineers who render as doing something completely different on my screen. Sometimes awareness will not save you from the odd behaviour of client side hit detection. At least now there is a fighting chance to make a getaway.
  6. Mxiter

Obviously an indirect buff to Vanguards and magrider which will shields on or magburn away to cover and get repairs just after being hitten while the prowler will still be a burning sitting duck in ennemy LOS.
    Just sayin'
  7. Phrygen

i honestly don't mean to be rude, but you are BR 35 with with 16 total hours in a vanguard, and 37 c4 kills. I'm glad you have not been killed by c4 often, but i do not feel that, if that is your only character, you have enough experience to fully gauge the current balance of c4.

Again, i'm not judging your level of talent, but only your level of experience.
  8. Phrygen

its just as much a buff to prowlers that can't move their tank in lock-down and thus are the most vulnerable to a c4 attack.
  9. The Funk

See that? Crying works kids! Tell your friends. What's next on the list?
  10. Phrygen

i doubt any change to resistance has been made because flak armor exists and will allow a max to survive a brick of c4. there are no certs for tanks that reduce the damage of c4. there is only certs that improve awareness.
  11. jak

It is easy except when you charge at them or they're skilled drivers, yes.
  12. Phrygen

Right. Out of curiosity, how would you describe your post that i'm quoting?
  13. MilitiaMan

This mad me laugh, both at the commentary and how stupid the defense is.

C4 is 200 resources with no timer.
    MBT is 450 resources with a 15min timer.
    Infantry render 30% of the time if at that.
    MBT are seen from far far away.
    MBT cannot fly, hide in trees, ect.

I could go on if you want.
    • Up x 3
  14. cfnz

Ok. It's just that your post was written in such a way as to imply it was impossible for the LA but possible for other classes, I thought that was a little disingenuous of you.
  15. Elaan

I sure as heck don't like getting instagibbed by HA rocket spam. NERF INFANTRY ROCKET DAMAGE!
  16. Phrygen

because they can't fly.
  17. Mxiter

You still won't get time do dodge or outrepair the incoming rocket.

At least all MBT were dead with 2C4 wheras this will cause an imbalance between them.
  18. RogueComet

Actually you are woefully incorrect. Most of the time on Indar, with balanced territory you get over 100 resources every five minutes. That means you could destroy at least six MBTs per hour. Then there is the whole "stockpile" that you can have, up to 40 saved up. That's another 20 you can easily get. Fighting in an area that gives infantry resources? Oh well you have lot more to spend then too.
    The fact of the matter is, I love C4 and I use it a bunch. If I am using it as much as I can effectively use it, big battles and all, then I do come close already to running out of bricks of C4, but I don't actually run out. Oh sure I run so low on resources it may take a couple of days to get enough back to restock back to 40, but I don't run out. That's with membership AND boots by the way. Now if I use C4 plus all the other infantry gear that is available, I am literally never at 750 infantry resources, and hardly ever even get above 300.

Resources aren't limiting the kills in any way meaningful to your argument. C4 is used WAY LESS than other AV weapons, which have absolutely no resource requirement at all. C4 gets WAY LESS kills per hour than the other AV weapons. Your point has nothing to do with the fact that C4 HAS FEWER KILLS PER HOUR THAN ANY OTHER AV WEAPON IN THE GAME. Resources do not limit the kills as much as you seem to think.
    • Up x 1
  19. KenDelta

What if they run the fire-thingie , or just PEAK outside to insta fix n instantly get back into their tank denying an LA anychance to even react , unless that LA has a shotty or MLG reflexes.
    or the engineer having a shotty.
  20. Dis

Unbelievable.

I've spent more than a few hours in tanks, and every time I died to C-4, I deserved it.

Once again SOE bows down the the masses of terrible crybaby players. Soon enough you won't even have to aim in PS2.
    • Up x 2