C4 Nerf on the test server

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by simon11russell, Jul 16, 2013.

1. Iridar51

What's wrong with you, people? I'm not going to cry, nor did I.
    Unlike many people here, I have brains and courage to admit that if something kills me, a lot of the time it's mine fault for letting this happen.
    • Up x 1
  2. simon11russell

And Just how should LA be used?

Maybe as anti infantry?... nope we suck at that in a straight 1V1 against a Heavy or medic we always loose to the superior fire-power of the HMG and assault rifle and the Shield / healing, they are the real AI classes.

How about as a flanker? Well with all the detection from radar flashes and recon darts the enemy always knows where you are before you are there, and then even if you do manage to flank the enemy other than C4 we have no way to deal with the large number of enemy we are now behind at best you can pick off a few stragglers and maybe C4 a group of them only to be killed by the medic with flak 5 who will the rez all his mates.

So please enlighten me to the actual purpose of this class because I've put plenty of time into LA and I am yet to find it aside from having fun with jetpacks?
    • Up x 3
  3. Alarox

Congratulations whineside 2.

"I don't have the attention span to look for infantry coming up to my tank while I park next to their spawn and farm infantry, C4 OP nerf plz".

^ The new formula to get anything nerfed. Complain that you're so bad that something must be overpowered.

------------------

For me, it won't affect me negatively at all. In fact, it will help me. I use a Heavy Assault with 2 C4, an Engineer with 3 C4, and a Vanguard. In my HA or Engineer, I can still kill an MBT no problem. In my Vanguard, this means I won't be defeated by C4, ever.

I've been killed by C4 in my tank maybe... 5 times at most? In over 100 hours of using the Vanguard.

And yet some of you can't use your tanks for a few minutes without getting killed by C4? Ridiculous.
    • Up x 5
  4. Wolfwood82

Great, you get protection against the ones you can't see as well as the ones you can't.

Awesome change! Let's reward noobs more!
  5. chrisbeebops

It is only on the test server, they're probably just tweaking some things but I doubt this change will go live.

Hopefully at least.
  6. BluescalesNZ

Great. Enough people whined because they're **** players and Higby pulled out the nerfbat. I tried formulating some kind of viewpoint on this, but I'm just struggling between trying to be constructive and just raging at it.

Guess I'll just go with a '**** you guys' towards SOE. That's really all I've got.
    • Up x 1
  7. Iridar51

It probably will make it live, people have been complaining about C4 for weeks. SOE has to do something.
  8. chrisbeebops

People have been complaining about Strikers, Fractures, and Engineer AV turret for months and SOE has done nothing.

Go figure.
  9. Alarox

Telling them to L2P is what they should have done. Its what I've been doing for a long time now, and nobody has ever once explained to me how its not a L2P issue.
    • Up x 5
  10. Elaan

C4 is obviously meant for Heavies with Decimators. Didn't you guys know? Heavies are the designated ground vehicle killer in PS2. And infantry killer. Air-killer, pending.
  11. RogueComet

This change is complete and utter ********. If it goes live I will never give SOE another dime until they get rid of it and I encourage all Light Assault players to do the same. Freaking MBT drivers are a bunch of whiny little turds out to ruin the game's fun for infantry. Gawd I hate them right now.
    • Up x 2
  12. Iridar51

The problem is, if we try to appeal to SOE somehow, make a movement, gather signatures, make a vote or whatever, I think there'll be as many people who dislike the change, as those who like it, those who can't comprehend any statement you made and still invoke arguments "200 resource C4 vs 450 MBT", etc.
    • Up x 1
  13. Mythicrose12

You're correct. Heaven forbid they look at an MBT as a 225 resource cost per person. Oh wait...too many 1/2 MBTs out there.
  14. eldarfalcongravtank

well, i consider myself primarily a tanker and i never cried about getting killed by c4. if i was killed by them, it was my own fault getting too close to infantry in the first place and not having proper awareness of my surroundings
  15. mpal

75 resources != 100 resources. For every 3 C4, you can use 4 tank mines. You can kill 2 non-mineguard sunderers with the tank mines rather than just 1 non-composite armor sunderer. This nerf to C4 is frankly ********. If you get C4'd in your tank, you deserve it. I say this with experience in a lightning/magrider. The truth is, tankers see themselves as god-like infantry stompers. They just want to camp spawns and farm up on infantry kills. God help them if they one-shot like the infantry they're farming.
    • Up x 2
  16. FireBreather

You won't get 30 m above ground level with level 5 JJ before running dry with fuel, and even then you won't be staying long enough in the air to drop 2 C4s and detonate them before plummeting to your death. Even if you manage to find a vantage point to start off at 100 m, it will take about 2-3 seconds for the C4 to drop to the target. Unless the MBT is completely stationary for 4-6 seconds without even realizing that LA is up there (at which case, the pilot completely deserves what he gets), you won't be able to land 2 C4s onto the MBT. The safest height is around 10 m to get yourself enough air time to drop C4 with enough jet fuel so that you can stay alive before detonating them.

BTW, what is the name of your character? It sounds like you rarely ever play LA or have used C4 in the past.
  17. RogueComet

You are probably correct. The really unfortunate thing is Light Assault, being the 2nd most least played class, doesn't have the people to gather either unfortunately.

Here's another two ways to look at it:
    Could a change like this make people want to play Light Assault LESS? An undeniable YES.
    Could there be 14% less people who play Light Assault because of this change? An undeniable YES.
    If so, that would make Light Assault the LEAST PLAYED CLASS, beyond even medic.

We've shown that the average vehicle kills per hour is less than 4. Lets just round it to 3, an MBT and a 2 Lightnings. MBTs give 1200+ experience for their kills and Lightnings give 1100+ exp for killing them. If LAs are successful just every other time, scores would drop (approx 1700 pts per hour, but probably more) enough that Light Assault would officially be the LOWEST SCORING CLASS too. I'm sure the MBT pilots will whine "But you'll still be able to get more than half of us!" I'll cry ******** on that one too, as an experienced Sunderer Hunter I know that statement will NEVER live up to facts.

Way to go SOE in breaking a class. Like I said, this change better not go live or Light Assault, a class that isn't even scheduled for an update, will officially be the most broken class in the game.
    • Up x 1
  18. Unclematos7

Of course it always has to be other people that have to adapt and never you.:rolleyes:
  19. Mythicrose12

I could stomach the C-4 change much better if an MBT had 10 seconds to repair before blowing up. No reprieve for lightnings, though.
  20. centurionvi

That stuff makes money though. Money > Balance.