Enough is Enough Higgles - We need the magrider buff NOW

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by BeefJerky, Jul 13, 2013.

1. moooosa

Mags are:
    -Immune to Tank Mines
    -Effectively immune to C4 (they move sideways faster than infantry can run, let alone jetpack)
    -Probably immune to flipping (at least I've never seen it)
    -Harder to hit with anything since they can move in any direction at will and have no need to ever stay still

That's already about a 70% increase to survivability over other tanks.
    Then there's the fact that your main weapon is FAR easier to aim, and the Sauron might be the best tank-mounted secondary.
    It makes sense that it would have the weakest damage per shot and weakest armor, doesn't it?

If your Magrider and a Vanguard sit nose to nose and hold down the fire button, the Vanny's gonna win. Funny fact is that I've actually seen lone Magriders wipe out lone Vanguards near-instantly by magburning behind them and spamming them in the rear, but that's not even a necessary point of argument.
  2. moooosa

Other tanks have to stop and sit still for seconds at a time to even aim their gun effectively, except in very rare cases (wide open, smooth, level ground), and even then the difficulty of aiming is a lot higher while in motion. They also have to wait for their tank to turn around if they want to change directions. Try driving a Vanguard sometime. Might be funny.
  3. Kubor

What I like about this thread is Magrider users insisting that ADADADADAD is not an advantage.

Yet every single Magrider does it over and over and over.

Obviously ADADADADAD has no value whatsoever :rolleyes:
    • Up x 1
  4. raw

no.

nonsense.

LOL!

stopped reading~~~
    • Up x 2
  5. Rasp

Anyone else think this guy could be the next stew360?
    • Up x 3
  6. InMedeasRage

God save the Queen, for the forum's days are numbered.
  7. Ganelon

Using likes as a measuring tool just proves your idiocy.
  8. Joram

I'm not sure if you know what ADADAD means....
    • Up x 1
  9. Chris Bingley

I'm sorry, but Magriders do not need a buff. They're fantastic in 1vs1 situations, and whilst they may not have the DPS of an anchored Prowler, they can dodge incoming fire (except for lock on missiles, but even then they can Mag-burn behind cover if they've positioned themselves well). The only real problem with the Magrider is the projectile drop of the main gun, which any player with even the tiniest amount of skill can compensate for.

The Vanguard is the tank that sucks, unless you pour 5000000000000 certs into it. However, all it needs are some small tweaks to the main gun and it too can be competitive. And I'm talking about really small tweaks, like 0.5sec off the reload time, and maybe a extra 1 second on the shields cool down to compensate.
    • Up x 1
  10. Talurok

He's right, we're OP. Just consider Mags also ...
    • Have the best cupholder
    • EZPass to avoid delays at toll booths
    • Leather interior with heated seats for Esimir, enough said
    • Can spawn infantry upon demand
    • Allow remote control of enemy lock on missiles
    • Teleport across continents
    • Fold up into your pocket for easy transport
    • Can be carried by Scythes

I mean really, if you're going to just make crap up, at least give us the damn cup holder.
    • Up x 2
  11. Halon

[IMG]

They aren't.
    They aren't. And with a fixed turret they have poorer awareness than the other MBTs.

They aren't. Mag on mag flips happen all the time. Etc.

NC/TR MBTs got their velocities buffed leaving the mag with slowest projectiles while being a ranged tank. Moving also makes it harder for the mag's gunner.
    Want to trade your Enforcer?
    This has probably happened. Most of the other times all a vanguard has to do is activate the shield he's been saving for just such an occasion. A single mag can't out damage the duration. Plenty of time to get that front armor turned around and get some damage into the mag, make those 8 seconds count.
    • Up x 1
  12. Chris Bingley

First off, I'll agree that all the MBTs have the same armour and HP stats. Athough it often feels like the Magrider is made of paper, this is easily countered by dodging large chunks of incoming fire.

However, before the last nerf, Scatmaxes were balanced, just highly situational. Now, they're still sort of balanced, but less situational. To be honest, I'd rather go back to how they were before the last set of changes. Sure it sucked to be instagibbed as normal infantry, but enemy MAX could own you at anything more than 8m range and I loved instagibbing enemy infantry. :D
  13. Chris Bingley

I've done it, although it works better on anchored Prowlers (for obvious reasons). It took me about 1/2 an hour of practice in VR training to get the timing right.

Against Vanguards, the trick once you've gotten behind them is to stay there, if you keep strafing and turning as they turn you can achieve this, much like a LA keeping behind a MAX whilst he shotguns him in the back. All of these techniques require a lot of skill and practice, which is wierd because hard to use but more rewarding is what I associate with the NC. Unfortunately, VS players seem to be unwilling to put the effort in.
  14. Halon

Yes. Might as well finish Higby's work and make the vanguard weapons better than a mag's in every way. All the VS have is a .25 second better reload than NC, which can't even compensate for the damage and velocity numbers.
    • Up x 1
  15. Halon

I'll put this here for everyone to use:[IMG]
    • Up x 2
  16. Curse_Gamerkin

I had anchor 4 deployed with HE and a Vulcan, fighting a magrider who took all my shots and my gunners shots. He was driving up to me ever so closely and i didnt miss a single shot, i thought every shot the next one was the one to end his life, i had to had the advantage right? wrong, he destroyed me with stock barrel and a saron gunner. Why is prowler so **** without anchor when anchor is ****? Magrider can dodge everyone shot and get up to absurd areas, and if its ever in trouble magrider can drift away, Prowlers need to undeploy, and slowly drive off if we live that long.
  17. Chris Bingley

Checked out your post below that one, and I have to say, the Magriders reload seems much faster than that, more in line with the reload on the Prowlers HEAT cannon. Did the Supernova PC get a nerf whilst I wasn't looking?
  18. MasterOhh

So you were using anti infantry ammunition (HE does close to none damage to armored targets) and are wondering why you lost that duell vs a HEAT + Saron Magrider? Well, yepp thats because the Mag is so OP that you can't beat them with HE rounds. NERF THE MAGRIDER !!!!!!!!

Srsly, go back to you infantry farming grounds with your HE Prowler ....
  19. Chris Bingley

So, what your saying is that all those times when I've dodged incoming tank fire it was because my opponent couldn't aim and nothing to do with my skill? Nah, I'm going to stick to the idea that the Magrider is awesome at dodging incoming fire as it's the only reason I haven't deleted my VS character yet.
  20. MasterOhh

Does it SEEM to be faster or did you actualy measure it? I feel that something is ..... is not a vaild argument.