[BUG] MANA Turret bullets "stuck in the barrel", won't fire.

Discussion in 'Engineer' started by Troubleshooter11, Feb 8, 2013.

1. Troubleshooter11

Greetings fellow engineers,

The past week i have noticed several times that my MANA turret glitches out at random times. What happens is that i hear the gunfire sound when i fire and see sparks coming from the barrel, as if bullets are striking the barrel from the inside about halfway down the length. No bullets actually exit the turret, which i verified by shooting a wall infront of me and not seeing any hits on the wall, nor did i get any hitmarkers or friendly-fire warning when i opened fire on a friendly light assault who unknowingly volunteered by standing in front of my turret.(*)

Has anyone else encountered this problem before?

(*) No Light Assault fairies were hurt during testing.
    • Up x 9
  2. Blackoth

• Up x 2
  3. Troubleshooter11

This is exactly what i am referring to. Thank you for replying.
    • Up x 1
  4. BadZen

Same problem here.
    • Up x 1
  5. Tommyp2006

yup, I've noticed that either this bug was never fixed, or has come back recently.
    • Up x 1
  6. BadZen

Played engineer last night, didn't happen. Perhaps they've fixed it :)
  7. Tommyp2006

Happened to me many times last night. Had to keep setting up a new turret, which fixed it for about 20 seconds of firing.
  8. CanadianAttackBeaver

Happens to me intermittently.
  9. RealityWarrior

I have never used it since the release of the AV turret. :(

Good luck getting it fixed though. Bugs suck
  10. Marinealver

TAP-RACK-BANG, wait isn't a mana turret supposed to be beltfed? It is hard to tell since it is a cooldown and has infinite ammo.
  11. BadZen

Nope, not fixed. Happened again. Drat.
  12. GImofoJoe

WOW, 6 months and still not fix this yet!!!!! wtf I'm running into this bug too frequent.

13. Vladimirez

This is by far my biggest complaint at the moment. This being my first post should show it. I was in a biolab fight last night trying to guard second floor of gen room and in less then 35 min it must have happened about 8 times. Almost every time it happened it was the moment of a big deciding push from the enemy. This on top of the frustrating placement mechanics makes my blood boil...
  14. Beastie Boy

How do problems like this persist? Is it being ignored or is the problem not being communicated?
  15. TheJosephChrist

Just happened the other night.
  16. Dhrys

And it is still not fixed. Seems to work better, with the latest update, get more shots before it jams up. But, it still does it, and I have no idea why sometimes it seems like it has been fixed, other times, just a few seconds.
  17. Rikkit

18. Morpholine

It's been an on-and-off bug since beta. Just exit the turret and deploy another one nearby, and you'll be good (until they hang again).

It's anecdotal, but in my experience it happens more with the NC turret variant.
  19. Frejoh466

Wonder if SoE will ever fix this bug, I have died like 50-60 times because the turret jams.
  20. oherror

Or it hits the shield which is just as worthless. They do make pretty distractions / door jams though. This bug a has been around a long long time.