One minute of video from Beta, more relevant than ever:

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by UberBonisseur, Jul 11, 2013.

1. UberBonisseur

Totalbiscuit talking about Biolabs with insight

Start at 3:12

What happened ?
    Biolabs now are EXACTLY matching what TB's describing about the "cranked sieges of PS1"
    • Up x 4
  2. Torok

i love the beta footage, it looks so damn good for a few things, like the vehicle lights, the Thermal sight, and stuff, there's even much more stuff inside the biolab which i guess has been removed due to performance drop, hit,etc etc.
    • Up x 1
  3. Playful Pony

I actually agree. I played in the beta, and there are many features from that time that I miss and would like to see reintroduced!

Most of all I want to see deployable Galaxies return, especially should the lattice system spread to all maps. I think even without the lattice, the game is far better suited for Galaxy AMS than it was during the beta, where this was actually available!
    • Up x 2
  4. Prownilo1

Watching this made me a bit sad, The game actually seemed more thought out and polished with so much more potential in the beta. the game unfortunately has been dumbed down and simplified, so that players don't have to think and so dev's don't have to dedicate time and effort trying to balance intricate systems,

Also the lighting... It's a shame they had to gut it so much.
    • Up x 1
  5. Torok

Wanna hear my bet? In a few years when the average computer will be more on par with this game system requirements and post performance patches they will re enable such features in game (no hatin post on this game won't survive 2014 please, lol) and increase the quality of textures and stuff

i heard something like this in one video of a few month's ago about the Forgelight engine and it's wonders
  6. CrimsonDaemon

I remember when biolabs were like that. It's hard to believe they are even the same place. Guess it shows how radically the vision changed.
  7. SuperTrooperWaterloo

1:44 hover max <3

i dont know what happened. for me it looks like soe forced never ending fights at bio labs and amp station with lattice and the new no-deploy zones. its really frustrating for the atackers.
  8. UberBonisseur

No deploy zones were fairly obvious due to the fact you can park your AMS closer to the control point than the actual spawn room (and the unjustified 4 second faster spawn time...).

Either you PHYSICALLY make every base block Sunderer access, either you implement no-deploy zones.
    I think blocking vehicles entirely may hurt the variety in landscape and layout, while no-deploy lets the base designers be a bit more creative