Why are you charging me for the privilege of a less clunky UI?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Anti-Skub, Jul 10, 2013.

1. Roy Teppert

Free to play model. /thread
  2. Anti-Skub

That really is not what my point boils down to. In fact you've singled out the last and least significant issue I raised and then completely missed the point of it.

I'm fine with the game selling me stuff, but jamming it all into my loadout screen isn't convincing me that I want to buy that skull helmet I already decided I don't like. If they really wanted to sell me stuff they could, as I already said, repeatedly, in multiple threads, add a "new items" filter to the shop so I know when there's something new to buy without having to search through all the camos I don't want, allow me to make wish lists so that the things I do want display in the loadout screen to remind me, and allow me to mark things I don't want so that they don't display and bury the stuff I actually want to buy.

I am not looking for a way to not pay for the game, I'm an active subscriber and I regularly purchase SC. What I'd like is for SOE to monetize the game in a way that doesn't make people not want to play it, and whether you agree with them or not, people leave over issues like these. When I started Planetside I started with an almost platoon strong group of clan mates...I am now the only one left still playing, the reason the others gave for quitting is unanimously that the cash shop was a rip off.
  3. Cl1mh4224rd

All that would do is increase complaints about the lack of 2x SC sales and complaints about price would simply shift to "they should be $0.50; $1.75 for a virtual item is ridiculous".
  4. Nakor

Old Model: Make game. Sell game for one price. If game succeeds make expansions/sequels. Sell those for one flat price.

F2P: Model
    Step 1: Build base product with sub-standard features. Give away.
    Step 2: Build add-on features and sell individually.
    Step 3: Inflate price of individual items so that each new feature has a low price but the combined price of the game is now several thousand percent higher than that of an old game.
    Step 4: Mountain of cocaine. Handstand.
  5. Blarg20011

I don't think so, there are plenty of other places which charge around that amount for items or even just temporary boosts.