Thnx Soe, for uncalled Fury nerf and no new content in gu12. We feel your love.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by PS2Freak, Jul 10, 2013.

1. MiZrY

I would have to agree that it's not a huge nerf. The majority of kills I have got with the Fury in all vehicles were not direct hit. Most of the kills were from a group of players bunched up with 9 grenades landing next to them.
  2. IamDH

We both know that won't happen
  3. Zotamedu

So the fury went from decent to unusable on the Flash now? Thanks alot for that.
    • Up x 2
  4. Sledgecrushr

For those folks asking for more content, we are getting another game update next friday.
  5. KenDelta

This might be bullshiet , But I recommend switching to Bulldogs , I feel this 'nerf' is meant to PUNISH bad gunners that would just spray and pray and laugh their **** off @ the genocide they caused just by spraying all over the place , tho don't forget Fury's splash damage is still as powerful as ever.
  6. Vargas78

7. Salojin

SoE, you guys are breaking my balls.

Didn't somebody tweet earlier in the week about Amerish Lattice, and now nothing? People shouldn't have been excited about GU11, and they sure as hell shouldn't be excited about GU12.

The no AMS deploy zone is going to make some fight utterly flawed. Amp station captures and Tech Plant drops are designed they way they are because of the strange way the base is designed. If the way in which bases are forced to be assaulted seems unfair because of how AMS's must be used, then change the base design, not the capture point rules. This theory that making a no deploy zone will somehow draw the fight away from the capture point is absurd. You want to shift the fight from the capture point and move the focus from primarily the god damn capture point? Bring back SCU's at every base so we don't have 80 re-re's in tanks waiting for that useless timer, (Mind you, we'd still have 80 re-re's in tanks which is another issue). Right now, at any outpost or even major bases, capture points is ALL (most) players are rushing to (think Biolabs).

AND YOU. Here's my issue with anyone who complains about 'being farmed'. If you are running bare-*** to the world across an open field and you get a turret launched grenade in the face, then there were a number of issues that should have been addressed prior to your demise. Don't like Harrassers circling your AMS and killing your bro's? Should have deployed a defense force, or better yet cleared the area. Don't like not being able to leave a certain building because some-leet-bro has figured out how to sling a nade through a window? Tweet about the issue, because posting about it here sure as hell won't see it fixed. The Harrasser is a complete cert-farm on wheels, it was designed to be an infantry slayer, so complaining that it is doing its job is like whining that your rifle shoots too accurately. There are plenty of counters to harrassers, think of it like a dragon to slay. Simply whining to the game gods to have them clip the dragons wings doesn't make beating it any sweeter, you goober.
    • Up x 3
  8. Phrygen

how is a nerf to direct damage meant to "punish bad gunners"... which you follow up with "splash damage is still as powerful as every"
    • Up x 2
  9. Vargas78

Harassers weren't designed to be a cert-farm. They were designed to be an alternate transport that could fight. In Planetside 1 the harasser/enforcer/maurader was quite well balanced. In this they are more like the warthog from Halo!

Nerf their armour, just a little bit. And we may have them back in the kind of role they were intended for.
  10. PS2Freak

no need to nerf it, i was in harraser and was killed by vanus mbt in literally! 10 seconds, while i trying to "get away". with level 3 armor....
  11. Morrow

Harassers are fine and work well with good pilot/gunner teamplay. The mounted weapons need to be balanced is all, and nerfing the NC/VS's best AI option so badly isnt the way to do it.
    • Up x 1
  12. KenDelta

You see ,when someone guns a fury they just unload a whole clip into the 1st thing they see , now they would bother aimming down and shooting the ground for the splash damage or actually bother to aim at the body and take semi-shots.
  13. Salojin

I can agree that the Harasser is hilariously designed in this game to be a cert-farm/ kill-wagon like the Halo 1 warthog, you could almost get me to agree that nerfing its composite armor would be beneficial. However, I believe the harasser also serves a fantastic purpose that no other ground vehicle can: herding. If folks dont like their infantry rushes being stymied by harasser wolf packs, deal with the damn harassers. I see (and kill) dozens of dudes who seem to just be waiting for 'somebody else' to deal with me. Work together to slay the dragon.
  14. Halo572

Best way to see anything that needs balancing is by looking at the leaderboards.

The Best players point the way to how to farm, exploit and glitch and the herd will follow.

Can't access them at the moment, but I am sure one of the Top players lived in a harasser with fury.

Won't matter what they do, there are liberators, max, tanks and aircraft for the Best players to carry on with their Best playing.

My personal favourite on my server has 53 liberator kills without one death as his last history. They don't play that way because it is skilled or balanced, they do it for the 3p33n.
  15. Goretzu

FYP. :D

That won't be GU13 though will it?
    This isn't really a "Game Update" so much as a bug and balance patch.
  16. Hrafnagaldr

This wont hardly affect me. With the Harasser, most fury kills are by splash damage. I got the magazine size at 8 rounds. Thats enough for an infantry cluster even with max flak armor.
    Fighting armor will be harder depending on how much the resist type will be changed. But with the Fury, I only engage vehicles on low health.
    And the change is logical for the weapon type. A slow velocity grenade will barely be noticed when wearing body armor. Grenades willwith the explosion, even if you smash them directly in your opponents face.
    But maybe I will try the PPA for the Harasser now :)
  17. Goretzu

I dunno the VS and TR have decent regularly used options to fight Harrasers as Infantry, NC not so much.

Although if people just fired their main guns at Harrasers it would help a LOT (although probably not enough to make up for moving self-repair).
  18. Salojin

This no AMS deploy zone is a potential disaster. It's not as if AMS's are particularly hard to destroy (insta-gib-able, in fact). I am bracing for this patch to suck real hard now that I think about that more and more.

I don't want this to turn into another OMG GAUSS SAW thread, but the NC have plenty of infantry carried weapon systems to counter Harassers.
  19. XRIST0

Now the Fury is useless , people QQ too much .

Pathetic ..
    • Up x 1
  20. Thrustin

I laugh at short sighted people like you. You think this nerf changes anything? Think about it for a bit.

And now before you cute little infantrist cry about the marauder, how about considering buffing the other to AI options to acceptable levels? Sound good? Of course it does, it only makes logical sense.