GU12 Low in content but No performance fixes to compensate?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by NetSlayer, Jul 10, 2013.

1. NetSlayer

It's an ok update but it's not special.

From what I have read in the patch notes. I see bug fixes which could potentially improve performance, I don't know.
    I also see minimal new content but alot of gameplay and UI changes. This seems a little off? With many complaining about the amount of desync and other performance drops since the 4th of July update... Wouldn't that be more of a priority to fix?

Essentially I've had members of my clan not playing for long or at all due to performance issues, some have simply left the game because it's losing excitement for regular players. Initially people are wowed by the Michael Bay experience, after a while they soon get into the stats of the game and see the overall picture of the server they are on. They do not like what they see. Morale begins to decline as the game becomes more of a chore than a game.

I can understand SOE want to make the game more fun and playable for new players and veterans alike but the foundation is not set correctly. That's not to say the foundation is not there, it's a good game when it works. Cosmetics make people with the money to afford them feel special and they can look down on free players because they are styling on them, I don't think it goes very far in making the game more fun. In order to keep people playing it it must introduce new content that makes the game more fun to play, that's a given. It should also increase actual play time.. To do that, you can't allow constant crashing or performance issues...

I just want to say thanks for the quality of life update... but please please please introduce a performance update the next time so little content is released.

TL;DR... read the title.
    • Up x 1
  2. Vargas78

4th July update actually improved my performance back to how it was, the one prior to that really made things worse for me.
  3. Lampenfieber

Fury nerf only and alots of changes ingame flux... i dont know, appears to be a good patch. Lets see ingame what this do, more warfare and less armor
  4. AtheistPeace

Same here as Vargas,
    That update helped quite a bit
  5. Lady Seraphina

On paper I don't see much to get excited about. I'll reserve judgement until I see how it plays out in game. What I'm wondering is how many changes aren't in the changelog. SOE always diddles around with something and it takes people 2-3 days to dig it out of the files.
  6. NetSlayer

only 120 MB as well... and 500SC per permanent loadout slot... this is ridiculous.
    I've now cancelled my membership.
    • Up x 1
  7. Koldorn

Was online for a good three hours last night; and had zero issues with performance / disconnects / anything. Seems quite stable to me.

Are you experiencing frame rate issues, lag, things not loading, the dreaded screen tearing bug, or anything of the sort?
    Prior to GU11; I personally had tons of issues with things loading in a timely manner, and got the screen tearing bug (which blinds you completely) at least once every 25 minutes. There was one magical fix to all problems: uninstall the game, and clear out everything. Somewhere between beta and GU10; the patcher messed up / data was changed to many times, something. I don't know. I know its a huge download for some people; but it really helped in my case. Best of luck to you.
  8. Lamat

The game seemed to play a lot better for me yesterday after the patch. No random crashes.
  9. rayvon

Yea im a bit better performance wise but it still wasnt really an update.
  10. CrimsonDaemon

A lot fewer random crashes for me this go around. So I can't complain too much.
  11. Oheck

Game is running quite well on my end. Then again I only played for about 20 minutes, so I may have logged out just before my computer was going to explode in my face.
  12. jihon83

I'm finally experiencing "really" bad frame rate drops, like 2-3 FPS in places. Like a lot of people who were complaining about the flare guns, it's worse after a base is taken and people begin celebrating, but it is pretty annoying, and odd, because the game was running pretty well before, even post July 4th, outside of the occasional issue that was tied to lag.
  13. Benton!

Oh poor you. You do understand with the membership you get 3 extra loadout slots free right?
  14. KalborHal

Why the developer would like to hide work done on their project? Especially work which is often requested and needed in this game?
  15. NetSlayer

Yeah poor me. I know those loadout slots are free but I don't want to use them. I much prefer the old layout and I know other members do too. Instead I see the use of numbers as loadouts being forced upon us. Another thing is that loadout slots for members will be removed if you decide to stop being a member. I never asked for more loadout slots as a member.

those 3 extra slots...are permanent as far as I know. The price for having extra loadout slots is far too high to suit my taste.
    In my view I see SOE as now being all about the cash instead of fun.

I'm saying I think if this change was needed by the community, the devs could have added an option to view loadouts in the classic 3 by name.

I cancelled my membership because I do not think they are being very productive towards the community or myself with my money. It's that simple. Major updates have been degrading slowly and this is not something I want to support.

Anti-Skub has posted a thread with the same ideal. 4I'm essentially saving myself money now because I don't see myself playing this game in the long run with how much emphasis is on spending SC.