installed on ssd, gotten 2 blue screens

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Jevy, Jul 10, 2013.

1. Jevy

hi, so i had the bright idea to install the game on my ssd, mainly just for faster loading times. i uninstalled from steam, got the download.exe file and ran that and used default install location. first blue screen is when the installer stop responding after the game installed when i hit play, computer became unresponsive but the mouse still moved. bam, blue screen.

Weird now that I am just getting my first bsod on this rig, ive had these components for just over 2 years and have never, ever had a bsod until tonight. sure the cpu is overlocked but its 24hr stable, done memtests, stressed gpu, all fine.pc is well maintained. gpu wont even overlock at all. kinda sad, considering the amount it costs /sadface.

game has worked on my WD black for 70 plus hours and have never had issues besides the ctd with no error or the game exe would just randomly stop responding at random times. turned off physics and ctd with no errors went away.

reinstalled game again, on the ssd, played for 30 mins. i had died and respawned and notcied i switched to my rocket launcher, though the weapon didnt change, but the ammo did. i couldnt zoom in, couldnt shot. sprinting stopped working, figured it was lag. nope, game locks and bsod.

i dont get how i have played 100hours of hours ( seriously, 100s of hours) of other games on the ssd, ive got 9k plus hrs of wow and a good chunk have been played on this ssd. weird of it all of a sudden blue screens pretty much the second ps2 was installed.

well anyways, figure id just throw this out there, seen that others been gettin bsod claiming it to be ps2. again with 2years plus of NO BSOD at all on this comp till ps2 decides to freeze. awesome. so guess back the game goes on the hd.

i would assume the game has crash logs and whatnot, if youd like to look at them i can attach.

/vented.
  2. cyb_

I have installed the game on an Intel SSD since release and never expirienced any problems regarding the SSD. You might want to check whether or not there are problems reported or a new firmware available for your drive.
  3. Kozmyk

9 months of running PS2 from the SSD on my new build (last October) PC, no problems.
  4. Jevy

turns out ssd had an update, so did that. hopefully will help. tried to install on my hd last night, bsod again. =(

gonna try install on the ssd this time now that its fully updated.

*crossesfingers*