Shooting at Flash riders so they pick you up...

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by RoMoronik666, Jul 8, 2013.

1. itzCujo666

If a friendly shoots at me - heal, lift, attention, to show they're a jerk, whatever... I gun them down until they're dead. Newbie, scrub, wanted a lift, whatever, I don't care, if you damage me or my outfit, I'll kill them the most humiliating way I can (knife/flare atm) then brag about it on TS and shoot flares over them as we tea bag them.

Unfortunately, that's the way it is on Woodman wih VS due to the history of zergfit's incompetent training of new playets and tendency of scrub outfits.

Anyway, shooting isn't a call for help, it means shoot me back until one of is dead.
    • Up x 1
  2. MorganM

ONLY bothers me on the flash. Because half the time they hit ME not the FLASH and besides the things have like 10 HP to begin with. Besides it's a damn flash ppl... go pull your own... 100 resources still isn't enough to really worry about.

Othervehicles it doesn't bother me.
  3. KenDelta

This game is a form of amusement , why would I play if I'm NOT having fun , I don't care about the receiving end much. and regarding Fury/Harasser shooting well I might be picking a squad/platoon member as a gunner , I might be raiding an enemy deployment spot , taking fire , etc, I don't need any extra damage on my Harasser , Anything other than an engineer is not allowed into my harasser and I feel MOST dedicated MBT/Harasser/Lib drivers think the same, you might pick em up sure , you go into an enemy filled zone and see them "Firing your FURY gun on an ESF while HAs and C4-medics just swarm around youn. I never ignored any person that ACTUALLY used V-5 voice command 'I need a ride' , But I'm not picking up ANYONE that shoots my beloved lumifibered Harasser(Especially if they're not an engineer).
    • Up x 1
  4. Scatterblak

...apparently the forums police know what...that word is, because they removed my original post. I'm assuming that they'll remove this one as well, so it won't hurt everyone's delicate feminine sensibilities and sense of decorum.

...I guess I should add that.....that word was in a sentence that I posted that was something like this:

"Because I'm an INSERT_MYSTERY_WORD_HERE. It's a sort of hobby."

So, my apologies for damaging anyone's eyes, morals, sensibilities, etc with my hamhanded, crass attempt to use.....that word in a post. Sorry about that.
  5. Tradewind

Can't say I've ever been excited enough to ride ***** seat in a Flash that I felt it necessary to shoot at someone who doesn't offer me the opportunity.
  6. Rift23

Oh, crap, is that what they were doing? I thought they were trying to TK me so I just shot/ran them over.
  7. siiix

no , not annoyed at all thats a long tradition, been around in vehicle shooters for like a decade now

it does not really hurt you

what i'm annoyed about is the capability to lock vehicles ... its just makes people even more of a brick with a p
  8. Jex =TE=

W>T>F?????

Some people make some comments in a forum and then you can't wait to bully them with some obtuse reply. As already stated here you can call for a pickup. You start being a dick expect to be treated like one.

Suggest you go and educate yourself on what a bully is before you embarrass yourself again.
  9. Madcat9

It is a situation that allows the excuse of disproportionate retribution of being a team killing jerk. Hopefully this is all just what if scenarios that you play out in your head for someone giving you a minor insult intentional or not.
  10. Jex =TE=

You should play less, the barrier between reality and fantasy are becoming blurred for you I think.
  11. MarioO

So getting shot by a friendly means "I want to drive with you!". Didn't know a Sunderer was able to take a seat on a flash...

No seriously, why do all allies see the flash a target to practice...?
  12. Macchus

i would say stay away from flash as a passenger . unless you like flipping over randomly or being oneshotted by almost any vehicle lol ... really the only good flash for extended use is the wraith flash tbh...
  13. Macchus

if someone shoots me and doesnt kill me i let it slide . if they kill me intentionaly or due to being an idiot and firing tank shells right above a crowd of friendlies i TK or spawncamp them til im sastified . the people i dislike are the people who instantly tk you because you accidentlly shot them once or twice in a moment of forgetitude and wrongbuttonnpresshisness ... those are the people i tk for extended periods ... without remorse ...
  14. Bine

I just ignore people who shoot me in the back on my flash. Or I'll stop and pick em up. The reason is i often miss the I NEED A RIDE! icon and sounds. For others thats okay if they just drive off anyway but why waste your time bothering to TK them? Just go to the fight, not like it cost you anything.
  15. Primarkka

If someone shoots me when I'm doing either a harasser or a flash stuff, I'll get out and blast them with my shotgun.
  16. Sinoby

The overall culture of players on my server went down since the server became recommended. A lot of players shooting my vehicle for a ride, several friendlies trying to c4 my lib for not picking them up from WG(i fly with people I know only). A lot of snipers are trying to get on the 3rd sit of harasser. And my favourite - e.g I press V-3 as a max and stand still - then some random engineer shoots me while running towards me (I guess to attract my attention). I am effing standing still and not running anywhere. If you shoot me, and I am in bad mood - you are dead, normally I just ignore such people.
  17. Ynyr

When friendlies shoot at me vs using the "Need a Ride" callout, do the following.

Position vehicle behind him and stop like your going to pick up him. Let him waste 20 seconds running over.
    Lock vehicle.
    Blow horn.
    Drive off then stop like your going to give him a ride.
    When they get close, yell "TROLOLOLOL" and run them over.
  18. Playful Pony

I always make an effort to wait for infantry to fill up any avialable seats before I leave a newly captured base for the next target, because I know how annoying it is to see all the sunderers drive off 2/12 while you and your squad is left behind. I honk my vehicle horn to let everyone know I have seats available, and wait until everyone around me has gotten into mine or other vehicles, or are heading in other diractions. I also never stop for someone that decides to shoot my vehicle to get my atention, especially when I'm in a flash or harasser (that do take damage from such things).
  19. MichaelS

i usually ride a sunderer, but yes i like these ppl that shoot instead of shout. if i'm at an outpost that just turned friendly, ok, but if i'm on the road i only get away from the source of shooting.
    yes, every passenger is XP, but i think, i can life with the missing 80 EP :D
  20. Boomotang

Great response............ o_O

How very childish.