No longer a subscriber

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by Atmosfear, Jul 7, 2013.

1. Atmosfear

Research? Fine. I see you're a level 30 something whose played the game not even a fifth of what I have, yet wants to sound wise and important, talkin' 'bout the way things are. There's 999 threads about C4? Awesome. Perhaps the reason you know that is because you spend a lot more time on the forums seeking attention than playing the game like the 999 complaining posters before me. Personally, I think you should have a better idea of what you're talking about before you write up some so-called comprehensive guide for a class you've not even played a week. Though at a glance, you just regurgitated stats, added color to some words, and linked some videos. Several of your statements are faulty, such as flash grenades not making a sound upon detonation. And "near by" is not spelled "nerby". You should probably go recheck your entire thread before coming into mine and talking ****.
  2. cfnz

I don't really agree with that as a general statement, it's very dependant on circumstances. Sure if both players are aware of each others presence then the tank will have the advantage. However if the tank driver is unaware they are being targeted, then I think the advantage is with the LA. I think it's pretty unrealistic to expect everyone to be aware of everything all the time. The LA can choose when to attack and if they do it right the tank driver won't have a clue until they explode. I suspect this is why people are complaining about C4.
  3. Iridar51

You see a better guide around? I don't. If you're so cool then why don't you write one yourself?
    I'm by far not the best player around, but I want to help people, however I can. If there's something wrong with the guide, I'd appreciate you telling me and not being a ***** about it.
  4. Blackinvictus

I dont know man, try another class while you wait for it to get an update?

So much to do in this game and explore class/vehicle wise. I love flying Libs, but until the recent nerf to bursters I resigned to put it away for a bit and played something else. Though not my first choices, I've had a blast with the Vanguard/Engineer/Heavy and the occasional infiltrator and havent felt ripped off yet.

I understand if you absolutely dont want to play any other class that quiting would be the way to go, but there are so many options out there.
    • Up x 1
  5. Aesir

Tanks are big targets that always render over great distances, Infantry in large battles often just disappear within 10m ... and has the means to engage Tanks at long range.

They lack any means of point defense unless you mount a Kobalt which do make Tanks actually more powerful against Infantry than anything else, but nobody wants to use one. A simple LMG, not for the driver but for the secondary Gunner along side another weapon is all I'm asking, Tanks are durable enough, buffing splash back to it's ludicrous levels from beta or after launch would be absurd.

Tanks are good against Vehicles, but everything else can be as good against Vehicles, so that's again not our true role. So again tell me, what are Tanks excelling so good at? They can not fight against mass Infantry you find during large battles and thus can not push the battle, all they can do is sit in the rear and play field artillery.

I would like to see Tanks that are powerful enough to push the front line, but they should be limited by having a requirement of being crewed. I had no issue if I would need to team up with 2 other Players for the ability to actually fire on the move with stabilized guns for my gunners while I just drive around or only have a LMG as the driver at best. A clear split in the MBT to remove those 1/2 Tanks entirely, so those guys actually use the Lightning which has the role of being the 1-seat Light Tank.

I consider myself a good Tanker and I can make it happen during the current state with Tanks to get on big kill streaks but more than anything you only get those by laying back and sniping off weak, isolated targets. I take no glory in that, I want to push the line, which is the supposedly role of a Tank ... Not stupid camping of a spawn door ... So you tell me about the big picture I'm not seeing about Tanks being so OP and all ... but playing the aggressive way in a Tank is the best way to get yourself killed, yet I still try to do it as much as I can.

6. vanu123

Outside of C4 light assault has nothing really all that exceptional about it.
    • Up x 1
  7. Aesir

The issue is not that LAs have C4, it's that everybody else has it to ... alongside all the other very potent AV tools in the hands of HAs and Engis. Enemy Tanks or Vehicles are the least a Tankers worries ...

LAs can fly, aerial targets are extremely hard to hit with the main gun, more often than not you have 1-2 tries to pull it off. Also the LA more often than not is not the only thing that is trying to kill the Tank, since Tanks are worth quite some score and everyone except Infiltrators has something to damage or blow the Tank up, meaning you are always in the sights of so many enemies with very limited cover. Cover that often works against you if you stick to close to it because LAs can just fly over it.

If you stand within 100m of a tower that is hot you are within a LAs reach that just jumps off the pads and C4s a Tank if the driver is not constantly looking out and moving. Which is way any sensible Tanker will stay away from a Tower and shell from range. So Tanks should let the Infantry charge up to bases and lay back to watch, eating popcorn. While somebody drop pods behind them and C4s them.

Tanks are no threat at all, even in mass, since mass Infantry is way more potent than mass Tanks. I want Tanks to finally fill the role of a Tank but their numbers should be limited by things like needing a dedicated crew, like a base design that locks out Tanks at the gates unless friendly Infantry opens that gate.

Tanks should dominate the outside base combat and be able to push to the walls of a base but Tanks alone should not be able to break a defense so that you need Infantry for the inside fight. Tanks should be able to enter those bases if the gates have been opened for them but they should do so under high risk since it's infantries domain. But bases should not be Biolabs ... atleast not as cramped.
  8. vanu123

And it is an explosive from 3000 years in the future, and right now LA has nothing going for it other than C4.
  9. HeadshotVictim

which server are you on?
    I want to join that server where tanks are useless! I really want!
    Nice and fair Infantry fights over bases? No messed up fights because VS rushs in with thier 20 Magriders and 30 Libs?
    !!!!!AWESOME!!!!!
    • Up x 1
  10. Aesir

Welcome to Mattherson Prime time ...
  11. vanu123

Then they need to be aware now dont they. Seriously a tank has every advantage and the LA only has C4. Nerf C4 and LA is one of the 2nd most useless class in the game next to Infiltrator.
  12. HeadshotVictim

an Infiltraitor can at leat hack a Sundi out of a base...
    • Up x 1
  13. vanu123

Tanks usually can dominate, but I do think tanks should get a resource cost reduction. Right now LA is only a little more useful than infiltrators and nerfing C4 will just destroy the class. Tanks are usually killed by C4 in bases anyway or in canyon choke points.
  14. Aesir

Like I said C4 on LAs is not the primary issue ... it's all the things Tanks need to watch out for. Drop pods, AV turrets, every class except Infiltrator having C4, MAX AV weapons, Tank mines, distant AV nests and so on.

Inside a building Infantry only has to worry about other Infantry, outside a building, yeah they have to worry about more things but Infantry often get's overlooked or Ignored. A Tank has to worry about a lot more things nonstop there is no safe zone were I don't have to worry about Infantry, Air or other ground Vehicles.

Try running a Tank on Mattherson during it's prime time and have fun ...

15. vanu123

The clip youve shown is the lancer in its only good role as a AT weapon that must be used in groups.
  16. Atmosfear

Don't like the return-fire? Then don't shoot first. You basically called me out and said I don't know what I'm talking about, so I showed you the plank in your own eye. You want to help people? Telling someone that no one cares about their money, to quit and come back later... that's not helpful, that's being a dick.

Yes, the game is steadily improving. No, I'm not going to quit. I'm just not going to pay a subscription until the game is out of beta. There are myriad problems still, of which the LA's lack of parity with other classes is just the tip of the iceberg that has me withholding my money. I could gripe about the others, but this is LA forums, and LA is near and dear to my heart.

Truer words were never spoken.
  17. Iridar51

Well, suit yourself, I just don't understand why make a forum drama out of it.
  18. Atmosfear

It's not forum drama to be dissatisfied with aspects of the game and post about it. That's part of the reason these forums exist, for SOE to keep a finger to the pulse of some of the playerbase. If I pay for something and it's not satisfactory, I'm going to let the company know. SOE's customer service is only fair, and I know that these forums do get read by devs every blue moon. I'm no longer financially supporting PS2, and out of fairness, I'm letting SOE know why.

You can spare me the "SOE is a multi-million dollar corporation and doesn't care".
  19. Mastachief

If you believe that then you are playing it wrong and there is clearly nothing that can help you other than the nerf bat.
  20. Wolfwood82

I play LA almost exclusively and have as little trouble with C4 or resources as Iridar. I've got 40 C4 and 40 grenades in stock, about 36 flashbangs, and 24 or so medkits. Next you'll say something like "then you aren't playing it properly" which is a matter of opinion and one I can easily contest

Your mom might be proud of your stats but really I don't give a ****. Stats are a constantly building number that can't be reduced or taken away from you, as I've said before you could somehow hold a gun backwards in game and still achieve auraxium with it. This is experience in game, not experience for how to balance said game.

If they did what you asked and allowed C4 to be retrievable then there would be no purpose for resources for it. It has to have a risk factor associated with it's use. That risk is the potential loss of 100 resources. Something that didn't exist prior to them having it disappear after death.