Shooting at Flash riders so they pick you up...

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by RoMoronik666, Jul 8, 2013.

1. rayvon

ahaa that makes sense, I was pretty sure that it was not a word.
    :D
  2. rayvon

Its bad enough that half of all the new players chose to play a useless sniper on a hill in the middle of nowhere, not helping their team at all, without me being expected to help them get there.
  3. KlyptoK

I would run them over. If they manage to survive and get on before being flattened then they are worthy of riding with me.

But I don't drive a flash.
  4. MFP_TK_02

Not sure what a a55hol3 is, but I agree with the rest and include the Harasser and even the Sunderer. First and foremost, my group often operates independently of the main zerg, so there is a good chance we are going somewhere that the third wheel probably won't care about. Because we operate alone we tend to have a beacon set aside, but since the third wheel isn't part of the group, there's a chance he won't stick around long.
    Sidetracking aside, you shoot at my vehicle and I'll bring it back....and park it right on top of you.
  5. Jex =TE=

Turn around and run them over - they'll think your coming back to pick them up.
  6. Sowahka

I shoot back if I'm in a harasser or flash. I don't care how little damage they do, I make it obvious that I'll bring the hammer righteous fury down upon their skulls if they intentionally do friendly damage to me.
  7. DramaticExit

You poor thing.
  8. Zorlox

if they requested transport i'd stop. if they shoot at me, it depends on my mood, sometimes i just leave em behind.

as for running them over, meh, if i'm going to bother driving to them i might as well pick them up instead o_O
  9. Nephera

I'd probably sweet ramp off a cliff after picking them up, or just continue c4 bombing the tank i was planning to bomb with them on it.
  10. RoMoronik666

What winds me up is not the damage to the Flash, but the damage to my player.
  11. Jac70

I have a simple rule of thumb - anyone who intentionally shoots at me dies. Lately I have softened a little and recognise that the game is full of morons who don't know they can ask for a ride. Many times I can use some random to act as a meat shield when I get to my destination but it's a 50/50 chance right about now.
  12. Teod

I don't see the icon, because I don't look on the minimap most of the time, and I don't hear the voice because I have already driven a hundred meters away and because my headphones suck. So if i can, I will go and pick them up, just like anybody else.
    The existence of players shooting-for-a-ride is an interface problem. If there was something more notable, there would be far less of this.
    Why so? Your shields will regenerate long before you will be close to your destination. Through, if someone shoots enough to cripple your health, he is an pre-production model of ZOE Max Unit.

Meh...
    Amount of hostility in this community kinda scares me. First, list of mostly BS reasons for teamkilling, then this...
    Someone shoots at you, you shoot back. This is reasonable reaction. But you don't just shoot back, do you? You are getting out of your way to spoil someone's game for just a tiny disturbance. You are not vigilantes, you are bullies. And, admit it, you don't care about "teaching a lession" or making a game better, you just waited for an excuse to bully someone.
    • Up x 3
  13. MFP_TK_02

Sounds like somebody shot at the wrong vehicle. Maybe you should try the Q-ride option next time.
  14. Teod

Nope, I use Q.
  15. MFP_TK_02

Good boy.
  16. illgot

most of the time I would rather run my *** to the next location than get on a death machine that will flip on a hill the size of a dime.
  17. UzumakiW

Sounds reasonable to me. Maybe next time, said person won't shoot at his own teammates like an idiot.

As for me, I honestly have never had this happen to me that I know of. People usually just call out that they need a ride, I'll either stop and wait for them to catch up, or turn around and pick them up. I don't mind giving a person a ride, but I do mind if a friendly shoots at me for anything. I see it as disrespectful.

If anyone does this to me, more than likely, I'll be too busy to do anything, so I'll probably just keep driving. However, if I'm in the mood, I'll stop, jump off, and shoot at him/her until they're within an inch of their life, then leave, that way they can either redeploy or walk all the way to where they want to go with very little health (unless they're a medic, of course).
  18. Ghosty11

Scout Radar Flash stashed near or inside a base would like to say hi.
  19. FreelancePanic

I just drive back to them and cloak when they try to get on. Running them over is just icing on the cake.
  20. Scatterblak

Heh. Pretty desperate attempt to stir some stuff up. Thx for the laugh. :)

...and the rest of you -- I'm pre-empting a hostile reaction (or something)!! WOOOO!!! Boooyaa!! Please argue with me (or something)?

heeheehee!