What kind of player are you?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by SmegForBrains2, Jul 8, 2013.

1. Chris Bingley

A little bit of 1 - 5, depending on how the mood takes me and what the squad/platoon/zerg needs.

However, I would generally class myself as Secret Option 8, The Berserker. Grabbing a gun and running in screaming trying to get as many kills as possible, knowing that I'm going to die horribly. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't, but I have a good laugh with it. Generally play as, Infiltrator, HA, LA or MAX.

This works especially well if you run sideways through a closely packed group of enemies whilst spamming a shotgun or hip firing a full auto weapon. LA and Infi let you get close enough to do this, but it can be achieved with a HA or MAX if you play them as an infi (until you get to the enemy).
  2. Chris Bingley

Or heavies with lock on launchers, or n00b medics who're reviving/healing, etc.

Sniping does have it's uses, but you need to be a good sniper who prioritises specific targets. As opposed to those who just try to get a massive kill streak and pad their KDR.
  3. Alarox

5 and 7, although 5 started out rough since this was my first PC FPS and I get somewhere around 15-25fps depending on the battle. As long as I get stable fps that isn't constantly dropping/raising in the low numbers I fit #5.

Edit: I guess #1 as well if you consider going rambo with drop pods trying to C4 every vehicle with my Engineer using 3 C4, or jumping into the middle of a bunch of guys and trying to C4 them. I would be #6 as well, but I'm not there yet. Close.
  4. Crator

I'm 2 and 5 mostly. 4 is fun as well!

It can be tough. I was doing really well yesterday during a major attack on a tower. Nailed like 3 - 4 enemy in a row at one point (which was awesome)! I'll keep doing it cause I'm getting better as I go.
  5. HeadshotVictim

8. the stuff medics keep scraping from walls, floor and ceilings because I was overextending (again)
  6. firewolf

2,5, and 6. I heal people, I lead the charges into bases, and I kill everything in the sky.
  7. ComradeHavoc

8. One man army, your losing the point, get a HA, shotgun and kill every step of the way to the point. Prone to dying by friendly fire.
  8. Legatus Clades

Definitely a PointMan.
  9. FABIIK

SInce when do you need top notch reactions to play MAX ?
    • Up x 1
  10. PEETREE

1 and 5 although the whole suicide c4 thing doesn't sit well with me. I don't like doing it.
  11. Hrafnagaldr

Mainly 5 and 7, over the last few weeks a little more 2, especially with the medic.
  12. Mxiter

Pointman mainly!

Sometimes 1-2-6-7 when it's required but first line assault trooper pushing under bullets and explosives fits me better (even if it means to be chainkilled sometimes).

I hates infiltrator job, it's definitely not my playstyle, just hacking terminal if no one else can do it in my outfit and that's pretty rare.
  13. Hunterion

Guess too....

Also: 4, 5, 7, 2, in that order of importance.
  14. Calisai

7 followed distantly by 2/5(pocket engy/MAX tradeoff) and 1 (LA) and when I'm trying to relax a little 4. I actually find sniping relaxing compared to the others.
  15. ArcKnight

1, 2, 4 and 7