turret ideas

Discussion in 'Engineer' started by deitrex, Jul 6, 2013.

1. deitrex

How about the engineers have other kind of turrets and maybe a turret that could auto target and shoot for its self. The medics could have to ability to put up a turret that heals people automatically.
  2. HeadshotVictim

2 different turrets
    1) Anti-Infantry - only usable in specialized situations (then devastating)
    2) Anti-Vehicle - pretty strong, but depends on location as well

What do we need more? I don't see much.
    Aut-Turrets are a pretty bad idea in my opinion because you need exactly 0 skill to score kills. Just place it, deploy to warpgate and wait for kills coming in.
    Wow, rewarding the ability to place a turret.
    Lemme think about it
    nope. thanks.

Heal turret? there are so many Medics in most battles that there is not enough time to heal someone more than 0.005% HP because 20 Medics at once start healing. What do you expect with healing wards? I think it would be just abused to block doors in the warpgate. And again: reward for doing nothing at all. A turret with no cost and no risk shouldn't provide any Exp. (Healing inside a spawn room isn't a risk as well, but I think the player actually has to do something. Looking who is injured, heal him. But a turret constantly providing healing? What do you do? Place it in a BioLab spawn room and farm all day long?
    nope.

PS: Do the turret heals stack? yes? so placing 20 of them makes anyone immortal? (only instagibs working) because the heal per second gets higher than the dps? would be a real fun to defend a base against people you have to shoot with RocketLaunchers into their heads...
    They don't stack? well, fair enough. But then again: see above
  3. deitrex

The auto turrets don't have to have a very high health and have a low dps rating. Same with the healing turret also these auto turrets could have to be a certain distance away from each other.
  4. HeadshotVictim

Am I allowed to think it is still a bad idea?
    Why would you deploy a turret with low dps and low health?
    Either it does what it is supposed to do - or it is not needed.
    If it does kill infantry automatically it is imbalanced because an engineer can farm exp without dong anything for it.
    If it doesn't kill infantry why would you use it anyway? If it is not used it is not needed and therefore mustn't be introduced in the first place.
  5. Liewec123

a deployable shield has already been suggested (think of a larger version of the AI turret's shield)
    i'd like to see more variations of the current turrets too,
    like a more sniper AI one with lower rate of fire but higher accuracy and damage,
    or a more "fracture-esque" AV turret with higher rate of fire for less damage.

another idea would be a deployable radar or deployable vehicle ammo in exchange for our turret.