Remove the Stupid Fireworks. Now.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Setyri, Jul 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Setyri

Seriously. I know you wanted to capitalize on Americans' idiotic and juvenile fascination with explosions combined with bright colored lights, but come on. These things are beyond ridiculous. Get them out of this game. They serve no logical purpose at all.
    • Up x 5
  2. VSDerp

keep calm they will fade away sooner or later.
    • Up x 2
  3. ComradeHavoc

Some ones angry that they couldn't get a flaregun :O
    • Up x 9
  4. Riku

No ^_____________________^

The great Vanu is utterly pleased with all those flashy lights that apparently make everyone's but my screen freeze.
    Love it :D
  5. Sea of Ink

Don't be jealous 'cause 'MERICA is #1
    • Up x 2
  6. exLupo

History booked that for you.
  7. Curse_Gamerkin

Be nice if they treated Planetside like an MMO, like adding events for holidays, with FREE limited time fun toys that expire. Instead of adding it the game for full price and trying to cash in.
  8. LahLahSr

America-bashing aside, it would be nice if they would change it to an actual flare gun that could provide illumination over an area for a while. No particular sound effects, except the actual discharge, then a faction-tinged phosphorous flare in a small chute, slowly descending. That would be useful and it would make sense.

Each gun should only have a total of 2 or 3 total ammo capacity before needing to refill, to minimize spamming. The ovaerall effect should be deliberately dull and provide only illumination. The gun should be a 20 second reload to avoid misuse.

The fireworks was was a bad idea, since July 4th isn't celebrated on Auraxium and drawing attention to one particular national culture in an international game is just in poor taste and encourages rather silly culture-bashing back and forth among the less mature of the players (i.e. the majority).
    • Up x 6
  9. Curse_Gamerkin

Cant wait for thanksgiving pilgrim hats, halloween candycorn launchers, and Easter egg C4, 700sc.... each of course, and its gonna be limited so you will "NEED" it.
  10. iWarsaw

It's not that it's a totally bad idea, but why have it permanent? It gets obnoxious after a while. It's very loud and you can't hear what's actually going on in the game. It would be cool if they turned it into a normal flare. It feels like a precursor of bad things to come. It's a bad idea to make money. SOE wants Planetside 2 to be a competitive sport. I can't really take Planetside 2 serious if when I'm running around I hear fireworks. It's not immersive. It adds nothing to the game that a normal flare wouldn't, except for being an annoyance. There are better things they can spend their time on to release then a fireworks gun.

They really didn't design anything beisides the new flare look and sound. It's not really worth 5 dollars. If they really wanted the players to have fun they would of just released it as a promotional thing for the week end.

This weapon-some people like it-some people hate it. You don't release that kind of item. It really devides your player base.

I want an immersive game, and I brought this up in a thread before where I got told to go play ARMA. Planetside 2 would be so much better if the immersion was more fleshed out. How can anyone not want to feel more immersered? It's such a big part of a succesful game. I really don't understand what SOE wants from Planetside 2. What kind of player base do they want? They really don't have a demographic picked out at all from I can tell. What other content will they release? Most of the players I know are 20+ or 40+. I see so many skull helmets and face masks. Then the masks that do look like they fit the genre aren't really that well done. Theres no real feeling to the game. This is felt all the way down to the weapons. I know Terrans (I'm a vanu player) the striker sort of boring because it's just lock and fire. It's the same thing with the fire works gun. It's just such a generic content peice.

There content isn't bad, is just is selfish. They don't take the risks to spend the resources to have more detail content. Look at the guns. They are all very bulky and not very detailed. They don't look original and fleshed out. Theres to many of them to take the time to properly flesh them out. Plus most weapons are designed as follows.

You have Gun 1, Gun 2, and Gun 3.

Each is broken into 3 parts. The Stock, the Middle/Tigger, and the Barrel.

To make Gun 4 you take the Stock of Gun 1, the Middle/Trigger of Gun 2, and the Barrel of Gun 3.

You can look at the weapons and tell they did that. I know it's a free to play game and you're trying to find ways to expand it but most of the weapons aren't dynamic enough to even justifiy their existance in a competitive game.

That's a major problem. You have a free to play, competitive game. You aren't going to get the science down of the weapons, and gameplay when you keep adding content that isn't dynamic enough to help the game evolve.

The fireworks are an example of this. Why would you put it in the game when even if you did want something to sell you could of actually made something useful. It's one thing or another with PS2.
    • Up x 2
  11. faykid

man, these fireworks are creepy

it's like an extremely loud child's laughter echoing over the battlefield

i support this message
  12. FnkyTwn

Because people paid $7 for the damn thing and it hasn't even been a week yet.
    SOE is more than welcome to take the gun back, but i'm gonna need that SC.
  13. Stew360

I got both the NC one and the NS one and they will be awesome when they get continental lock to celebrate our victory :) ALA Planetside 1 ,

i havent found a NC one as a exemple but ill give you this filthy VS video celebration youll get the picture , flare are OK and wont be spam this much in the futur

14. Bankrotas

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA STEW360!!!!!

Other than that, you're irritation is so irrationally childish it's not even funny.
  15. iWarsaw

I tried to edit my post to be more indepth but it has a cut off limit of 30 minutes. WTF?

Do you guys think this will be the only weapon like this? It doesn't add anything to the damn game. SOE wants this game to be competitive. A competitive game with a fireworks flare gun!? AAHUGHGHAH~!

Why do I have to explain why this is bad? It's not the fire work gun, it's what else will they release that's just stupid! It's going to build up!!

I like how my I want to be immersed so that's childish but fireworks, hockey masks, and skull helmets are like... cool?

It's not that fireworks are terrible but they should of never been added to the game. Why? If they are going to die out and not get used why add them at all? And at the chance one person is going to use them SOE wants to have a competitive game. How can I play Ps2 like that when I'm hearing fireworks and it's blocking out noise. given that I guess you could use that to sneak I'm trying to play with some immersion and to some point.... I know maybe PS2 isn't suppose to be supper immersive but when you fly an ESF don't you want to feel to some degree like your in an actually ship!? Here let my squad stop so we can cover up our sound with FIREWORKS.

I know they are going to die out, but what will replace them?
  16. Kunavi

Purple ******? EVERYONE apparently liked that in Saints Row.
  17. SgtBreastroker

I'd enjoy if it now turned into an actual flare gun. With DoT effect when you direct impact someone.
  18. Rebornvanu

I saw a squad which shot this flare gun into a room full of NC at the same time. It was very funny to see that, but not for the NC inside I think. So you also can use this thing as a tactical gun for annoying and irritating the enemy.
  19. desktop

someone was micspamming nyan cat at the warpgate very loud and distorted. it sounded horrible and probably killed anyone listening with headphones. yet people only moaned about the one guy with a flare gun.

I just dropped him an more pack.
  20. Fredfred

LMAO, this thread wins!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.