Isn't the HA shield not a little bit unbalanced.

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by Caserion, Jul 4, 2013.

1. MrEclectic

We need to remember that the main fighting element is not the individual, but the squad. There are force multipliers, and skill is one of them, but this game shines in platoon vs platoon, with squads tackling specifc targets within the operational objective.
  2. HeadshotVictim

what is worng with HA like it is: nothing
    HA got shields to survive
    LA gets JetPacks to attack and survive
    Infi gets shield to attack and survive
    Medic gets heal to survive
    Engi has a turret to get cover
    MAX has Bada$$ness to protect himself.

Head on HA should win every 1v1 head-on fight against all other classes (given you have equally skilled players)
    But you don't have to go head-on at a HA.
    LA can fly around him shooting his back.
    Infi can get past him (or die trying) and shoot him from behind
    Medic may have a chance with well timed healing
    Engi is it fcked but he should have enough ammo to start encounters at ranges where every other class is just wasting ammo

I think it is fair right now. (Standard shield eats up 2-4 bullets (dependig on weapon and range))
    Resist shield and Nanoweave 5 cost a shtload of certs so surviving is kinda fair, right?
  3. Caserion

I have to disagree with the DPS differences here.

Example, the Terran LMG: MSW-R has the exact same damage per bullet and rate of fire as the T1 Cycler for the Terran combat medic. Even then, higher ROF weapons such as the TAR or the TRV still don't make much of a difference, around 1-2 bullets. Even then, the HA has acces to SMG's if they need a higher ROF.
  4. Caserion

Thanks for all the feedback everyone!

It seems the majority disagrees on what i feel like the HA is supposed to be and that they should stay the frontline shield. There is no way to find out how the actual playerbase feels about this (usually forums contain less than 5 % of the playerbase), but if everyone feels this is balanced, then why change it?

My new suggestion is just simply adding a new type of overshield, rather than removing the ones there are now, but let's wait for that when the HA game update starts. ;)

Once again, thanks for the discussion!

-feel free to continue to comment should you have more suggestions or opinions, i read all of them and react will react to certain ones should they need a reaction-
    • Up x 1
  5. Buphalo

Oh look another nerf the HA thread. This definitely deserved a new post rather than just posting your opinion on one of the already existing daily "OMG HEVY ASSLT KILLDED ME! NERFFFF!!!!" threads.
    • Up x 1
  6. ohmikkie

7. Deathcapt

I'm Br 65, and I play mostly HA. He's not unstoppable, and as a medic or engineer I still shred HA's. They're not over powered, and again, whilst they're good at killing other infantry, in base capturing, they're one of the least useful classes to have.

1 Person can shut down a whole squad of HAs trying to capture a base. Honestly, I'd take myself against a full squads of HAs, and I'm pretty sure I could stop them from capturing the base I'm at.

The lack of utility is a HUGE fault.
  8. Crewell

HA shields are no more imbalanced than CM AOE healing.

If anything, the HA shields should tell you to not run into the face of a HA alone if you are not one as well. If you get the drop on them, many times you kill them before they even get their shield up.
  9. Patrician

I really cannot understand why some players keep calling for HA to be nerfed just because they cannot go toe to toe with one as an LA, medic, engie or Infil and come out on top. They're not supposed to be able to do this, that is the whole point of HA!!!
    • Up x 1
  10. CptFirelord

Personally I don't have any problems combating HAs in CQC or mid-long range. It's not a matter of "Shield is OP ability" it's more along the lines of "Shield stops them from dieing quicker".
  11. Bill Hicks

This stupid argument again?

First of all a heavy is made to kill infantry. So you using more bullet to kill him is the freakin point.

Second when a HA pops his shield he becomes very slow. Which means that he is not avoiding fire. Most of the time its better to move than to stay and tank any damage.

Third. Lmgs have the worst TTK of any infantry weapon.

Finally the Time to kill is so low in this game that anyone with aim or initiative can kill a heavy with full shields and health in seconds.
    • Up x 1
  12. HeadshotVictim

Didn't you notice what the OP said?
    stop hating this poor guy. He said the he saw errors in his ways. Just stop the rage, please. : )
  13. Caserion

You're asking forumside not to rage... you're new here, aren't you?
  14. P4NJ

Medic is for healing so his ability helps with healing. Infiltrator is for being stealthy so his ability helps with being stealthy. LA is for bring mobile so his ability helps him with being mobile. Heavy assault is for head on combat, so what should his ability help him with? Yes, head on combat. Makes sense?

EDIT: making a new overshield that only absorbs explosive, but is very good against it would be a nice idea BTW.
  15. Takoita

Would you prefer that HA simply have more effective hp with no need for situational awareness and careful timing to manage the overshield then? Or maybe a blanket damage increase of one tier up for all their weapons? Neither of this would be fun, let me tell you.
  16. ShumaKun

Nanowave + resists shield + resto kit + heal granade + medic AoE + medic tool
  17. Chris Bingley

WRONG!

The ability to fly around from perch to perch with a good medium ranged carbine, or drop down and "Batman" somebody with a shotgun are two of my favourite tactics that are amazing to use, even when the both sides have engaged. Taking out medics and engineers up close and personal can easily change a battle. Now, I know that the infiltrator can do the same thing with an SMG or scout rifle, in fact ! play both classes in a very similar way. However, saying that the LA doesn't contribute to fights is just plain WRONG!

The classes are balanced. People need to stop posting these threads every time they die to a particular class.
  18. Chris Bingley

Swap resist shield for maxed out Adrenaline shield and add in a weapon with a good TTK and concussion grenades. :)
  19. Casterbridge

I don't personally think HA's are over powered, they fill a very specific role, but every now and then I wonder what would happen if the HAs didn't have all their extra large capacity guns, the ones with 100 rounds, or even 75 rounds in a magazine), they basically have what I call the heavy assault rifles (such as the Anchor, the Orion, the MSW-R). Then as the tool they have choices between true suppressive fire AI weapons (closest we have is the Lasher and MCG) or the rocket launchers.
  20. Vyss

I'd rather than have a higher hp poor and no shield. Uncerted heavies are fairly balanced. Unfortunately the players that player heavy all the time and are highly certed are monsters. Pretty sure I've put 12-15 bullets into some heavies without killing them. Higher hp means alone they are much weaker to attrition and they will rely on medics more. Not sure I like the regenerating shield vs the PS1 armor.

Heavy assault could mean the same thing without the shield btw. They have the biggest guns (only ones capable of truly sustained fire) and long range mobile AV weaponry. The real heavy assault infantry in the game is MAX suits. LA vs Heavy is like a man in WW2 using an mp40 vs an stg.