Can't beat VS heavies as TR heavy.

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by XOLiD, May 26, 2013.

1. pnkdth

This, or try the T16 Rhino. These two weapons are exceptionally accurate. They do not look amazing on paper but they reward good aim and fire discipline more than any other TR weapon. They're the type of weapons which makes you feel in controll.
  2. NiteJazz

Like what he^ said. The t16 Rhino is best. It is as accurate as a VS weapon. I usually get the jump on VS players so I can easily kill them whether they are using the SVA or LSW. The NS-11M is also highly accurate and comes with 5 more bullets in a mag.
  3. Benjamin2501

Amen, the Lasher is like a disco light show. It is about as effective as the new flare gun. Seriously though, the players you met may be a bit better at the game than you, I would suggest grabbing a nighthawk or another shotgun and going that route.
  4. Cigarenvy

People always have this idea that the other empires are easier to play than yours. This rhetoric was the norm on the forums all through planetside 1's life time, I can still remember the flaming about the lasher 2.0 and the thunderer.

Let me make this clear, there are weapons that you are going to click with available to one empire or another. Personally I love the MSW-R and TRV for the TR while I really enjoy the GD-22s or the EM1 for the NC. Do I think that because I use these weapons well when playing the NC or TR that they are generally easier to use than weapons available to the VS? No I don't, I understand that I personally fit with the weapon, the game is hard for everyone.

Also this game is about placement and timing more than what weapon you are using, if you place yourself well enough you can drop 4 guys with your pistol before you die.
    • Up x 2
  5. anaxim

And don't forget, if you are playing against people that are in an organized team(and you are not) the chances are that they see you first(or they know where you are).
  6. Alarox

Orion lets you move 25% faster, thus letting skilled players outperform all other heavies in a 1v1 scenario. Your TTK is the same. Your CoF is the same. Your accuracy is basically the same. Your health is the same. The only real, significant difference is that the Orion lets you move around much faster.

So yes, there is actually a difference.
    • Up x 1
  7. TheInanimateGuy

Im a bit surprised that no one talk about the T7....
  8. 5ou1

This thread is comedy especially coming from a kid who rages and sends pm's berating people any time you kill him. By the way, have you slapped your mom in the mouth for me yet, Xolid haha
  9. vanu123

We arnt better you just suck.
  10. XOLiD

Why are people still quoting my OP from almost 2 months ago like I made this yesterday? My BR and K/D have practically doubled since I started this thread in what seems ages ago. Yeah I'll admit I wasn't as skilled back then, but with time and practice everyone gets better.

Lately I've been using the default CARV with a foregrip, flash suppressor and 1x reflex scope and I've got to say honestly it's my favorite LMG now, with its large clip combined with high ROF (which is what I prefer) and it's deadly accurate with burst control. Have tried the bull/rhino and the ROF isn't quite high enough for my tastes with almost a 2 bullets per second shorter firing time compared to the T9-CARV or MSW-R.

I used to enjoy the chaingun a lot before they changed it, now it seems like a different, more ineffective weapon.
  11. Morpholine

*When ADS.
  12. BloodArmoredApostle

Well I have seen more New lower BRs on VS at lower ranks 15 and below. I think some people are just changing characters but are just better at the game actually. My only issue as a heavy assault with maxed resist shield and nanoweave is the light assaults Serpent weapon which I have failed to beat on several occasions or barely escape with one bar of life to spare with my shield active. The other weapon in question is the SVA-88 on the VS heavy seems to perform better than most TR lmgs its sad really. I mean we should be empire specific with specific counters to each others weapons. The Carv is now the worst weapon in existence just about unless your in close quarters it performs against SMGs ok. By Far I die to those two weapons the most from VS. On the NC side is the freaking Guass Saw 6 by far the best default lmg in the game or lmg period. That Serpent is nuts ROF and COF for that thing is crazy i mean. There is no reaction time if you get hit with the Serpent or the gauss saw 6. So, I try rocking a radar flash to avoid being flanked.
  13. Shiaari

You should try the Ursa. =D
  14. Shiaari

I prefer 1x Reflex anyway.
  15. Brids

Chaingun = dead VS.
  16. GraphicJ

Won't comment on the VS HA>TR HA but I thought TR already knew that the Carv-S stands for Carv-"Shi*"
    • Up x 1
  17. PastalavistaBB

From an in-game conversation...
  18. Shiaari

My Vanu heavy fit:
    • Ursa LMG (1x Reflex, HV Ammunition, Compensator, Forward Grip), or Lasher (1x Reflex, Extended Magazine)
    • Nano Weave 5
    • Resist Shield 5
    • Lancer
    • Other Situational Accessories
    If I come across another heavy who is forced to hipfire an LMG (because he has a 3.5x scope... herp derp) I'm going to ADS and ruin his day. Get good at ADS. Hipfire is cute.
  19. Lucidius134

Unless you plan on running Extended mags and want the highest magazine capacity + highest rate of fire of those high capacity lmgs, don't use the Carv-S. The T32 Rhino (one with the new model not the 167 damage one) IIRC has extended mags but slightly slower ROF. The Carv-S has the WORST recoil of all the TR LMG's iirc. Only reason to get the Carv-S is if you want to have high mag cap for suppression without compromising ROF alot
  20. lilleAllan

I approve of the Carv use. In these forums people are overly emotional and will say that it's the worst weapon ever and dumb stuff like that.

I disagree - it drops people quickly and the 100 round clip has around 4 kills in it before you have to reload. I seriously love facing NC heavies at shorter ranges. While the SAW will murder you at greater distances, SAW users are basically free kills vs the CARV if you can get near them.