Which sidearm do you use?

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by Kilimarr, Jul 2, 2013.

1. Raptor425

If I could get Planetside to stop giving me a Game Error G99 I would be using a silenced Manticore. Not the I don't like the Revolvers it is just I don't have them yet :p

Personally I would use the Commisioner on my close range class for that optional range that the SMG can't give me.

At Medium range I would probably prefer the Underboss.

Long Range would use the Underboss for when they find my hiding spot.
  2. Dr. Euthanasia

Or you could just not fire at maximum speed, maintain full accuracy, and vastly outperform the Beamer at everything beyond close ranges. Weapons with low theoretical TTK that rely on firing mass numbers of bullets to deal their damage have distinct disadvantages in practice compared to those which have their damage distributed between only a few shots. Your opening attack will be weaker, as will your ability to fight from cover and across greater distances. Of course, the Beamer is a much more forgiving weapon in close range, and therefore more effective on alert and moving targets, but claiming it's "clearly superior" is short-sighted at best.
  3. VakarisJ

Not in my experience.

I found the Beamer to be extremely accurate, more accurate then some assault rifles. I successfully used it at long range as well as short. It's definitely more accurate then the revolvers and the model doesn't shake as much when you fire.
  4. Hoki

unsuppressed emperor with laser
  5. Plague Rat

I use the Mag-shot in my sniper kits, the Rebel on everything else.

I own both revolvers as well but don't really care much for them.
  6. LevonVeldspar

I prefer to rely on my primary (Fully loaded Silenced Blitz) so my pistol choice is based on what works best as a fallback weapon. With that said, I regret buying the Commisioner. By the time I manage to haul that big old ****** to shoulder level and get a bead, I'm already way past dead. I'm not saying its a bad gun. Many Commisioners have blown my head off with finesse. I just cannot personally get the knack of it. I go with a Laser Sighted Rebel and find aiming for the head from the hip works like a charm in quick 2-round bursts.
  7. KnightCole

I use the NC4 Magshot, it has 15 rounds, good dmg, good accuracy and just seems to be the best of the current options, barring the 357 Magnums, which im not spending 20 bucks or 1000 certs on. Good guns, not worth the cost to me.
  8. Consumer

I own the Commissioner, Rebel, and Mag-Shot, but I still end up using the Mag-Shot on all of my loadouts. Highly reliable, can be suppressed, and can take down two guys even with a good number of misses and a number of headshots.

The Rebel's got way too low of a magazine for me to like. The Commissioner's pretty good, but I was hoping for a solid medium-range sidearm when they announced them. Mag-Shot rivals the Commissioner in TTK in medium ranges for me, and again, it's more lenient on the misses and still devastating on the headshots.
  9. Rigsta

Suppressed Manticore on most loadouts. Staying off the minimap is extremely valuable.

Not necessarily. What you said is only true if you're looking at stats rather than actual use. To attain the beamer's maximum damage output, you have to tap the mouse button very quickly and land every shot. The former is impractical, the latter is less than guranteed.

The Manticore, though having a slightly longer TTK under ideal circumstances, is a little bit more usable and it's easier to attain its maximum daamage output.

The Beamer's still a solid pistol, though. Nice fast reload time combined with its big magazine, good damage output and very low noise level when suppressed.
    • Up x 2
  10. K2k4

I love my commissioner because it is basically a scout rifle that i have as a secondary weapon. That and commissioner plus knife combo is the closest thing to an assassination move you will get in this game.
  11. Sworaven

Recently bought the Underboss. So far I'm loving it. Haven't got the Commissioner, so can't compare.
  12. Rustygun

Well I own the commi, TX1 Repeater, and the Emp, Ive recently started using my repeater again. Laser, silenced and able to swith from burst to single shot makes it an infiltrators best friend. While I do love my commi's ability for shot+ knife instajib, I find in cqc once i start shooting I've got everyone looking for the shadow running around. BUT when going long range unsilenced prime, I will have my commi for anyone who gets too close.
  13. Jkar

I like the Commissioner because with a cloak you can erase your radar dot fairly quickly and even suppressed most weapons are easy to track down with sound alone. Less bullets fired = less time for people to look or rather listen for you, also the Commissioner is common pool so they never know if it's a friend of foe firing.

However recently I sometimes (rarely) run into people surviving a Commissioner shot + knife swing with a sliver of health left. Has anyone else had that problem and could nanoweave 5 be striking here as well?
  14. Traxiconn

Fireworks gun. Like a pro.
    • Up x 2
  15. repairtool6

For normal, allround play I think the magshot are flat out superior to absolutely all other options.
    Still prefer the Rebel though, its so badass :)

Underboss/Commie have both been fun to use, but in the long run they dont hold up.

Thing with sidearm and Infiltrator is that you can pretty much use whatever. Cloak gives you the means to get the best out of them, whatever range/type-of-engagement they are suited for. Just give it some thought and make your pick. With some forsight infils can play to the different strenght of all the sidearms.
    • Up x 1
  16. Tnsr

Mag-Shot. It just is the best sidearm to have as NC. Lasersight is a MUST for all factions sidearms.
    I'd love to have a 3x burst like TR tho.
  17. Shoza Nakh

Commissioner do fine work for me and looks and sounds completely bad**s.
  18. LownWolfe

I changed all my sidearms for the firework launcher just for the luls I get when I kill people
    • Up x 1
  19. Mustarde

TX2 emperor
    • Up x 1
  20. RasFW

Why would you EVER silence a Manticore? You're robbing it of the best quality it has - the firing sound.