Serpent and SPA + Suppressor

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by Zavex, Jul 2, 2013.

1. Zavex

Does this lower my bullet velocity very much? I want to know if it's still usable at mid range, without leading my targets very much.

EDIT: I don't think the serpent is going to do much at a range past 60 meters, so please don't take distances longer than that into consideration.
  2. ThundaHawkPS

Suppressor guts your velocity + Serpent already has very low velocity. It's only usable at mid range versus stationary targets + you have to lead significantly.
  3. Sanguinary

Yes - somewhere in the last GU patch or two (maybe 3) they noted that suppressors can reduce velocity by ~40%, depending on weapon (18-20% for SMGs). SPA I *believe* is somewhere in the vicinity of 10% - so putting those on something with already low velocity.. you really will notice the difference.

I wish I could give you harder facts, or a direct quote from somewhere, but that's the best I can offer. The effect of suppressors and I assume SPA depends on the weapon in question.

Short answer; Yes, it will lower it by a noticeable amount. Long answer - still yes, but the suppressor is the main reduction to velocity (I believe). Best I can suggest is (rather than using certs to test it, and you can't trial w/ attachments) hitting the VR and getting a buddy to act as a live target for the purposes of leading at range.
  4. Zavex

Thanks. I'll get SPA, and see about the suppressor.
  5. CentralGuard

I use the serpent with spa, serpresser, adv. laser, and hv/nv(or whatever it is caled) scope. I have found that I can kill people with a decent lead at the end of where the scope fully illuminates people; after that it takes a good amount of lead prediction.
  6. ladiesop

Suppressor also reduces the max-damage range. You can partially extend it back with SPA.