Falcons: 50% faster than a hand grenade!

Discussion in 'MAX' started by Zoner, Jul 1, 2013.

1. Zoner

Of all the changes in the last few game updates that happened while I was away, this one takes the cake for the one causing me the most head scratching.
  2. Alarox

I only just started using them, I wasn't aware their velocity was nerfed.
    • Up x 1
  3. Epic High Five

It's supposed to be 100m/s, which would make them faster than the Comets.

Instead, it's closer to 40m/s because of some bug. Making them big huge slow rockets that even a Prowler can dodge. This is on top of the spotty damage they do to infantry. don't count on their velocity being fixed anytime soon either. I kinda miss when they were invisible grenades even if they had huge drop and like .5m of splash :(
    • Up x 1
  4. Adept

I liked the old falcon much better. The new one isn't that bad as long as you treat it as quick fire decimator.
    (since a dual hit should have roughly the same damage)
    I'm killing lot's of tanks with it, but the damage against infantry must be bugged, since I can kill them with 2(+ another 2 sometimes) raven rockets even tho it's damage should be the half of it.
    But it really is a very brutal destroyer of tanks - my only bane of the vehicles when using 2 falcons is the harasser roadkilling me sometimes.

Even with the slowest missiles :D

Remember guys! NC are the orks! TR are the humies and VS the elves. Now all we need are big axes with rust patches on them :eek:
    • Up x 1
  5. Kireles

If NC are Orks, why do they wear ultra-smurf sphez muhreen colours?
  6. KanoHe

Welcome to VS 6month Comet Style...
  7. Flashtirade

I really miss the old Falcons. Garbage AV (like all other pre-patch AV options, 2nd gen wasn't even out), but it gave my MAX more reach when it came to AI.
    Now the only thing they have going for them is damage, and actually hitting things past 5m is hard because of how slow the rockets are.
    • Up x 1
  8. Pikachu

And the flame and smoke reveals you to enemies much more than what the weapon did before.
    • Up x 1
  9. ComradeHavoc

They make unessential changes to the NC, and in the long run screw us over every-time.
    • Up x 1
  10. ladiesop

NC are Elysian Drop Troops.
  11. PieBringer

Want to know another inferiority with the Falcon?

The Raven does it's splash damage significantly farther out.

Wouldn't it make sense for the single, larger, slower warhead to have a bigger radius than the tiny laser-guided ones?
    • Up x 2
  12. Liewec123

sense and maxes dont go well together,
    we clearly have hands but we refuse to use terminals apparently,
    our punches don't OHK,
    and this posts bug, we're in a state of the art advanced mech suit and they can't even make it shoot straight.
    [IMG]
    i knew it i'm surrounded by maxes!