Account banned less than 300,000 XP from BR 100

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by MykeMichail, Jul 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PhasedEVolution

Man, that's rough.

I hit BR 100 myself no more than half an hour ago and then stumbled onto this thread.

The only thing I could possibly think of Myke being reported for is being too much of a nice guy.
    • Up x 1
  2. phungus420

I doubt it. Of course I suppose it depends one what you think is alot. I bet over 95% of banned accounts are hacking, if not higher.

They do spectate to catch cheaters, which can cause problems, but I'm not going to second guess it. I used to admin on a server for Tremulous (great free game, aliens vs humans, it's old school though, uses the quake engine) and everyone who ever complained about getting banned did in fact use some sort of cheat, and everyone who was owning and got all defensive did too. The really good players never were defensive when they got hackusations, they'd either laugh or act all timid/scared (which is interesting in it's own right, why be scared/timid when you know you're not cheating?).

There are a couple higher level ESF pilots I"d love to spectate, cause they definitely could be that good, but they definitely could be hacking as well. But I guess that's another topic.
  3. Rebelgb

Right because high skill level somehow equates into the less likely hood of cheating.

So ONLY bad players cheat? Riggggghhhhttt.

Logic for the lose.

Move along....
  4. Rebelgb

I think its just as likely that a BR100 got sick of getting Head Tinked by BR9 haxors and decided he was justified due to his supposed "God like skill" in getting a hack to return the favor.

Becoming high level does crazy things to computer jockeys egos. Seen it many many times over the years playing these games.

Entitlement is a *****.
  5. TheHurricane

Hi guys.

Its Myke here.

Apparently my forum account ban finally got pushed through several hours after my game account ban went through.

I can no longer log in to post on forums under my original account.

Even the second account I created using the same email address was instantly banned. Great way of letting people get in contact with you SOE! Just ban every account they try to use to get in contact with you! Smart.

SOE's customer service line won't be open for another 5 or so hours so I'll have to wait till past midnight to talk with them. Thankfully I work afternoons.

Thanks for the messages of support. Hopefully I'll get this ludicrous ban lifted very soon. Chances are though, I'll miss double XP weekend. :-(

Wouldn't be surprised if this account was instantly banned too.

I don't understand this policy. Why stop the user from accessing support tickets? They've stopped me from playing the game. Isn't that enough?
  6. TheHurricane

Oh really?

Do you even know the name of my TR alt?

I'll tell you the name of my TR alt - Its JamesCalhoun.

Please, look at my stats and please tell me all about that deliberate teamkilling I've been doing.
  7. maxkeiser

Presumably they must have some pretty good evidence.
    • Up x 1
  8. TheHurricane

I can tell you straight away that they simply don't. Why do I know this? Because I haven't been using anything I shouldn't be using.
  9. TheFullCologne

good input (Y)
  10. TheHurricane

LOL this account's banned too now!

LET ME PLAY THE DAMN GAME.
  11. Phaze

This thread would be better if you included your conversation with SOE. Without that, it's just fail.

They say you cheated, you say you didn't.

You probably did something that skirted the rules, or you didn't think you would get caught doing. You did. If you weren't doing anything bad - I'm sure it will all work out. Enjoy the time to see the outdoors and other humans - you could use it!
  12. Lessonteacher

Fought the guy heaps of times, I personally say that he has never exhibited anything that made me think he was using cheats of any kind.

Though I have his char in game ignored due to his most recent claim that i have some magical lagging ability that i can supposedly switch on and off, and that i require any such trick to beat him. Based on the many times I have fought him I would not say he has any hacks, though he is a good player for sure.

This is only my opinion as i know it would suck to not be able to play so you should probably move your post to the accounts section and submit a support ticket.
  13. AxisO7

Wow, this is a surprise.

Despite the fact you are my nemisis and the only player on Briggs with a particularly good k/d against me, I've never thought you might be hacking. Always just felt like a good player who positioned himself well, as most of your kills against me have been from the side or behind while I'm killing four or five of your friendlies in the other direction. Now, I guess this could be a sign of wallhacks or ESP, but it's never crossed my mind.

If you were hacking, then good riddance. But I truly hope you are innocent and get all this sorted out, as I need to even up my kd ratio against you.
    • Up x 1
  14. TheHurricane

So far, there hasn't been a conversation.

I wake up this morning. Go to play some PS2 before work. Game tells me I'm banned. Check Email. FInd that I'm banned due to "Use of third party programs". Register a second account to try and lodge a support ticket, its instantly banned because it uses the same Email address.

I have had no communication from SOE regarding my ban, apart from the message to tell me I'm banned.

You have to remember, its like 3 AM in the morning over there. When my ban was sent through, it would've been late evening there.

Their online support and their call center won't even be open for another 4 hours, so I'll just have to wait.

And chances are, the person I get through to won't be able to unban me instantly, and its a weekend coming up, so I'll be lucky if I get unbanned before Tuesday next week.
  15. PaidToWin

I see the sheep have never heard of "innocent until proven guilty." I don't know this guy, and I don't know whether he hacked or not, but I certainly don't want to lynch him until irrefutable proof exists that he did something wrong.

Do most gamers have this kind of middle-age mentality? I'd hate to think that these people will one day grow up, get into politics, and set human rights back half a millenium.
    • Up x 1
  16. TimeyWimey

That sucks. I hope they at least say they're sorry when they do unban you.

That is, ofcourse, if you are legit (I don't know you so obv can't take your word 100% for it). Taken that ps2 has basically 0 anticheat (I doubt the gm's can even 1st person spectate lol), I find it more than a possible scenario that you were falsely banned though.
  17. SharpeShooter

Ok this is what you do!

Firstly try and think what programme they have detected on your computer that might cause this! Programmes such as razer game booster might cause this. I use Razer game booster and have had no problems yet but it might cause something.

After you have found the programme that might be the problem e-mail higby a detailed mail saying you have been banned and you can't contest it, and that you're innocent.

He has sorted stuff like this before.

Good luck.

Sharpe
  18. maxkeiser

Almost certainly you have some third party programme running. Or have had at some point. Either that or SOE are totally mistaken and this is a true error (unlikely).

I'm not saying that the programme is a cheat or that you are cheating. It could be a programme that has somehow triggered off the cheat detection stuff.
  19. S0LAR15

Very disturbing.

I can only imagine how many scrubs report me everytime I play, and that one day some mod is just going to be like "X thousand reports..........yea I'll ban him just to shut these kids up."

As for coming to the forums, well if you needed to becuase they insta ban your support accs, make a thread in the account/billing section.

Good luck.
  20. Kevorkian

You've been HWID banned. Every account you open up, will be banned.

You were doing something on one of your alts which resulted in you getting banned.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.