Flares are moronic

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Cupper2013, Jul 4, 2013.

1. Cupper2013

Thanks SOE for encouraging the lowest form of gamer with these moronic flare guns. It really helps immersion when some spaz is lighting up a biolab with crap disco colours.

It is a shame rather than spend your time trying to optimise the game, fix/add/develop metagame issues etc you prefer to create gimmicks for the lowest form of gamer.

PS2 had enormous potential to be one of the leading games of the next 5 years. I still think it has this potential, but with every new update this diminishes. Your answer to the problem of servers at lowish capacity is not garbage like flare guns.

P.S. Stop purposefully dropping overpowered weapons/items/loadouts into updates, so that people cert up and spend SC, just to then nerf them and create a new overpowered weapon/item/loadout. Its a crass revenue generation strategy because people will soon become wise to it.

My advice- to maximise your revenue focus on the real gameplay.
    • Up x 17
  2. Oreo202

Why can't you just let yourself have fun? The game is really not meant to be taken all that seriously.
    • Up x 33
  3. soeguud

I like and tolerate flares. Furthermore, SOE will chase after cosmetics rather than 'real gameplay' because there's more money to be had in the former, and less effort to boot. None of that tedious and costly rebalancing after all.
    • Up x 2
  4. ItsJustDash

Just have fun, because you know a game is meant to have fun in?
    • Up x 4
  5. SgtBreastroker

You realize the internet is serious business. People don't like people having fun.
    • Up x 10
  6. Kaesarr

after a few months of flare everywhere maybe you will change idea on this kind of equipment

And you will hate it guys
    • Up x 4
  7. Jac70

I really don't see that many of these flare guns out in the wild so don't understand why some people are crying so much. Add in the fact that they are a novelty for the 4th, I doubt you'll see much of them after a few days.

Still, ammo types would help enormously in the annoyance factor.
  8. ComradeHavoc

Say that to my face, I'll kill you with my flare gun!
    • Up x 6
  9. Pherlofsky

I kill more friendlies with a flare gun but I do find them a bit worthless.
  10. Tommyp2006

The only thing I really can't stand about them is that they are KILLING my FPS.
    • Up x 12
  11. NC_agent00kevin

Should have been free or very cheap and limited to holidays. That or just have added the effects to base captures and forgo the flare gun altogether.

10 minutes in a Tech Plant and Ive already had enough. Worst idea ever.
    • Up x 6
  12. SShocK

I hope the "fun" wears off soon and people will stop using them as much.
    • Up x 3
  13. LynxFury

Can we have night now?
  14. phungus420

It's the fourth of July weekend. Lighten up a bit.

If flares are still getting spammed everywhere and are distracting in a week then your complaint would have some merit, but for right now just relax and have fun. Go get drunk.
    • Up x 1
  15. maxkeiser

They are fun. A little distraction. Use of them will die down over the next few days/weeks.

Just calm down.
    • Up x 2
  16. UzumakiW

Somebody sounds awfully grumpy.
    • Up x 3
  17. PresidentFreeman

Wait this is more than a one day thing? I hope to god people stop using them after a while or the spamminess is going to get pretty old.
  18. RoMoronik666

I like the flares. They are fun.

And I don't celebrate 4th July.
    • Up x 1
  19. Guildion

I bought that flare because it seemed funny and sh*t, my teammates hate me now, but I don't care because 4th of July is my birthday :D
    • Up x 2
  20. Caserion

Because planetside 2 was made PURELY for you and other people having fun is forbidden because you can't get immersed... :rolleyes:
    • Up x 4