What do Noobs do that Annoy You?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by PrecentralGyrus, Jan 29, 2013.

1. NikkoJT

After we take the spawn room in a biolab, it's not uncommon for people to run in there and destroy the terminals. The only infantry terminals on the upper deck.

Worst incidence of this:
    *shields down*
    [PLATOON] Niketa: get some infis in the spawn room
    *Engineer teammate runs in, deploys AV turret in front of lower deck terminals, destroys them*
    [PLATOON] Niketa: or you could just blow them up.
    [PLATOON] Niketa: good job <teammate>
    *I ping his shields with my carbine*
    *He runs upstairs and sets up in front of the upstairs terminals*
    *I ping him again*
    *He destroys one*
    *I stand in front of the other*
    *He shoots past me anyway*

GOD. DAMMIT.
  2. Robert Patrician

Um... because it's a video game, and the purpose is to have fun? People join outfits not to be pushed around, but to be pushed in directions that they'll have fun and thus get there quicker.

You're the heavy assault up on a ridge plinking away at tanks loudly complaining that nobody is healing the sunderer... as you keep spawning as heavy assault and going back to plinking at tanks. You're the MAX player who loudly complains that nobody goes engineer to heal you up when you're next to a terminal, but you'll never do that for someone else's MAX. You're the dead soldier complaining that the medic is shooting the enemies instead of reviving you... except if that if you die shortly after getting revived in which case the medic should have killed the enemies first.

If you're playing with random people, they're all going to be doing whatever is most fun for them. That's what you do in a VIDEO GAME, so you can either accept it and utilize that information, or complain about it. Complaining about it will not change their behavior. If you don't like teaming with random people, go get in an outfit that has strict skill requirements to join. There are a lot of them, they just don't publicly advertise a lot. After all, under your own logic, "You're a highly skilled player, you should be in a highly skilled outfit so that you can contribute the most to capturing territory. If you're doing anything other than following orders in a tightly organized platoon, YOU'RE PLAYING THE GAME WRONG."
  3. Robert Patrician

It would be nice if a fully certed hack tool infiltrator could repair broken enemy terminals into hacked terminals. It would take a long time, but would be nice.
    • Up x 2
  4. GraphicJ

Colliding and more ramming. They don't even use K&Y™ for Pete's sake.
  5. Nolicense

even if they couldn't repair it i think it would be nice if we could at least hack it and then have a friendly engineer to fix it. i don't think inf's should be able to repair but cant see why we cant hack a broken terminal. to justify this just state that the hacking is done through an area of the piece that wasn't damaged or cant be.
  6. Nolicense

what i hate about noobs is when they always walk infront of my max when i am firing away. people need to have situational awareness and stop getting infront of friendlies that are shooting like crazy. also hate it when an engineer or medic will try and heal or repair me while standing right infront of me while i am blasting away. either they are completes noobs and don't understand that doing that means dying or they have rotten lag and are out of sinc with the area.
  7. Robert Patrician

But let's not forget those MAX and other soldiers who use the engineer/medic as cover when hurt. "Uh oh, someone took a pot shot at me. Better duck behind the engineer healing me."
    Same when there's a main battle tank being healed by 2 engineers using it for cover, it takes one hit and immediately runs away, leaving the two engineers exposed.
    • Up x 1
  8. Fned

Oh... I never heard about that one.
  9. Tow2Bravo

The guy in a CQC situation with the sniper rifle running in front of the MAX...

-****-
  10. Chris Bingley

As an infiltrator I've been teamkilled by people whilst I've been hacking a terminal only to respawn and find out they've destroyed it for XP.
  11. NikkoJT

To be fair, infiltrator hax on a generator produces exactly the same result as any other class - generators only blow up.
    Unless you meant terminal, in which case I know where you're coming from. I've actually been killed by someone using C4 on a terminal while approaching it to hack it.
    • Up x 1
  12. Vokker

****** Infiltrators not using their Sensor Darts to help the team. (NC especially)
    For some reason they DON'T seem to know that they ACTUALLY will be making XP for using it.
  13. Greddy

Newb snipers from BF3 shoots at my ESF, thinking they can headshot me in the cockpit.
  14. Chris Bingley

Like this you mean?

CQB with a sniper rifle can be rewarding, preferably with the short range bolt actions, but any will do.
    • Up x 1
  15. ironeddie

totally noobs that tk. Just the other day ran into a just flipped spawn room & got gunned down by an ally who came in from another entrance. Fair enough he mistook me for enemy & apologised. I got revived only to be instantly knifed by another player a low level noob. Spent the next 5 minutes finding him & emptying my smg into him.
  16. Chris Bingley

Sorry, I meant a terminal, I'll edit the post so that it makes sense.

That said, I have also been team killed whilst destroying a generator so that the other dude can get XP for it, but that's not so much a n00b thing as a "selfish ****" thing.
  17. Koldorn

When a heavy pulls a RL against infantry; after parking himself in front of the barrel of my turret.

The other day I had a noob sundy driver plow his bus into the TR warpgate. Don't know what he was expecting to happen.
  18. RoMoronik666

Noobs shooting my flash, under the mistaken impression that I will stop and pick them up. Instead I blast them with my Fury.
    Heres a hint: if you shoot me on my flash, I take damage. Don't do it.

if you want me to pick you up, use the voice command.

Its not just Noobs who do this either.
  19. [HH]Mered4

I hate noob ESF pilots who want to learn to dogfight good SO MUCH that they follow you during a heated engagement.
    They crash into me every time. And it's not just me. I have seen it happen to other folks too. Unfortunately.
  20. Robert Patrician

I actually learned this yesterday, Battle rank 34, and by accident (thought I had my sidearm, shot an enemy with sensor dart).