[TWC] Infiltration Assignments, Week one.

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by Ztiller, Jun 28, 2013.

1. Valena

I've tried to do this challenge several times today, but it isn't a lack of skill that's crippling me. It isn't a lack of targets or even Nanoweave that's giving me a hard time. It's the fact that I can't play for more than seven minutes without crashing and having to start over at the warpgate.

*Sigh* Maybe by the end of the weak I'll have gotten in some decent, crash-free time to finish this one.
  2. Granderil

Personally i think that was pretty awfull, but here we go (29 points):

Every time I did it before, that was just for fun. Ztiller's assignment forced me to analyze and i want to share some thoughts. It's chaotic in my head. I tried to split them into categories.

2 ways to get inside, from above (ESF or drop pod) or below (stairs).

Top entry
    Gear: If u want to snipe from the roof then extra ammo and 2 AI mines is the best choice imho.

Lower entrance
    Wraith flash must have.
    Gear: Medkits and flak armor. There is usually no time to look for mines, especially if someone chasing you.

Medium scale fights (25-48)
    Enemy forces are mainly bad organized. However running through tower still luck based. Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't. Dat feeling, when you climb the stairs and come face-to-face with NC max.
    If enemy LA tried to hunt on you and was killed, no one usually helps him.
    Hacking turret and using it to destroy few tanks is pretty easy. Optimal tactic: destroy one or two, leave the turret and hide for a while until things settle down.
    Front line moves too fast, in most cases not enough time to finish this assignment with 40 points. Either your faction captures the base, or most of the enemies goes to another facility.

Large scale fights (48+)
    There is always some experienced high BR players around, even one of them may turn your infiltration into hell if you caught his attention. Choose right targets is a vital.
    A lot of AA, using ESF for drop hard to do sometimes. Composite armor will help survive.
    • Up x 1
  3. RoMoronik666

some serious skills there..... Ive got no idea how you can achieve all that with such a low frame rate... i better get practicing!!!
  4. RedD3vil

Drop podding is a great entry tactic if it is available. ESF is a big gamble, unless you have the parachute cert which lets you basically drop pod from your ESF (highly recommend certing this)

This. if you time your entry with a wraith into a heavily contested tower you can usually get yourself to the base of the stairs untouched. From that point its just a matter of your hunter cloak lasting until you can reach the gravity lift on the third floor.

Flak armor might be the smarter alternative for most infantry in these situations. However, I typically run with NW5 a majority of the time. Once I'm inside a tower I spend most of my time between the gravity lifts and tower ledges where you don't find too many proximity mines.

[IMG]
  5. Halvorana

The problem is that we all have different opinions on whats wrong. Some just want OHK with the Bolts, some think the special weapons like Nyx just suck, some want to be able to do more stuff, some want better CQC.

KD ratio is more about luck than anything else.

Since I started looking for them, I kill 5-6 snipers a day at least hiding in tech plant rafters (sometimes its up to 8). That ruins these guys little luck-sack streaks. You can say what they are doing is skill... I say its just luck that nobody kills them.

"RUN AWAY!" is the only correct way to play an Inf right now. Or just make a SMG montage of you really doing nothing important, but running around in the middle of a bunch of clueless fools... awesome.
  6. RedD3vil

...And the thread has its first troll! :rolleyes:

Nobody wants to read your whining because the class is over your head. Moving along..
    • Up x 1
  7. Halvorana

Since I started looking for them, I kill 5-6 snipers a day at least hiding in tech plant rafters (sometimes its up to 8). That ruins these guys little luck-sack streaks. You can say what they are doing is skill... I say its just luck that nobody kills them.

Thats not really trolling. It is a hard counter to people making montages like you did (AND IT ABSOLUTELY WORKS). The people in your video were clueless and just did not hunt you down as they should have. Once they know you are in the tower, its easy for 2 people to kill you and say "Infiltrator dead"... obviously nobody cared or were talking to each other - and that is a reality (maybe I worded it harshly and pushed a button, but that is the truth).

My point is that if more people simply did what I said in my statement there would be a lot less of these "I'm cool with my SMG/sniper killing people who are not communicating montages".

I'm was not saying that you did not make good tactical choices in the video, you did - lift tag, juking, brought kits instead of mines. I'm saying that it was more your opponents making no tactical choices in stopping you that made the video.

My statement was more of "How to play" and not "trolling".
  8. CuteBeaver

Seems like RedD3vil ambushed a good number of people to me Halvorana. By definition "ambush" means yeah they were not aware of his presence. What seems to be the problem? Should his victims have hunted him down and tried to kill him. Possibly... Who is to say they didn't try. He is using lifts, running around cloaked on pathways normally players do not travel.

Maybe your an incredibly high BR 100 player who has seen everything and knows the check on the tower legs and ledges for LA's and SMG infiltrators but most people are looking down off the ledges or outwards onto the battle field trying to kill enemies advancing on their base. Is that not also a viable thing to be doing?

He isn't being useless. Putting down enemies on the top of the tower permits more of his forces to get to the objective alive and push harder towards flipping the capture point. I am sure you already knew that though. So why the venom? Why use so many loaded words at all unless your upset about something. He is not trying to be cool. In case you havn't noticed hun, the infiltrators kinda in a dark place right now and people are having to play better in order to be effective.

This thread is designed for us to learn from each other, and try little tricks we normally wouldn't have known about.

KDR in general improves over time as people play and learn new tricks and become better at FPS. If your just starting out with an SMG, trying for 1:1 is perfectly okay. As you get better over time your going to start getting more kill streaks. Maybe they won't be very large kill streaks but hey it helps to improve your KDR over time.

You could argue kill streaks themselves have an element of luck to them, sure.

However I could counter back and say that in order to get the kill streak in the first place the player had to have developed some knowledge on where to position himself, and how best to engage his enemy his escape route ect. Instead you seem to be entirely focused on the "inaction" of his victims and attributing any of his success to their failure. I don't really think that is fair to his victims who are acting normally or to him.
  9. Rudmed

The point of this thread is to help everyone else improve, and help them learn new hiding places or ways to infiltrate different places. These are not montages to show skill, but ways to learn how we can improve. For example I am learning that I suck at not getting spotted in towers.

Plus you can't say it is obvious that they weren't communicating, we don't know that for a fact. We are not making these montages to show how good we are, but to help us improve our infiltrator gameplay. To become better and learn what we did wrong, and not "Look at me, ma!"
  10. Rogueghost

His framerate isn't low, its just the recording software, when I record I have it set to 10fps so it does not affect my normal framerate much.
  11. RedD3vil

First off, what I posted is not a "montage." Look it up.

You might not realize it but you are missing the point of the thread, and your wording and tone reflects that of a troll. Noone here is trying to prove that we can stand toe to toe with the best or most tactically brilliant opponents. We are simply responding to a challenge, and that is what I did. Are the players in my video mostly clueless? You betcha. That's the nature of this game, there are always going to be clueless dummies running around watchtowers oblivious to their surroundings. And its my job to take advantage of that.

That being said, there are also plenty of times when experienced players are fully aware of my presence. In those instances, I typically won't last a fraction as long as I did in the video, but can I still be effective? Of course.
    If you play your cards right (i.e. sitting still while recharging shields to avoid recon detection) you can still go undetected for a fair amount of time before enough people join the hunt. In just a couple minutes you can take out a dozen engineers/snipers or hack a few turrets and wreak havoc to their armor before the fun ends. I don't think you are experienced enough with the class to understand this, which is why I called you out on it.

[IMG]
  12. Halvorana

Devil's Advocate and Tenth man never hurt anybody (although I can tell ego's are being bruised here, sorry).

And again, my main point is just as valuable as all the other crap I said. "Look for these guys, you will find them". Good info for anybody including infiltrators.

And as I said a few posts ago, "check the rafters"... also valuable info for any player including infiltrators. I made a conscientious effort about 2 weeks ago to just look for that type of player (obviously at the peril of other tasks, so it does cost you to do so)... and as I said, I've been finding a lot more of them and executing them (or you, or whatever), also an infiltrators job... counter infiltration.

Yes. Turret camping is great. Yes. Hacking is great. I'm not sure what you expect me to say there. Claiming "that is above the average infiltrator" is a bit condescending. I think you are overly analyzing a simple SMG showdown vid, however, which is just my opinion.

These montages (or video that you recorded, whatever you personally want to call it) do illicit the immediate response of "How in &*(^ is nobody seeing these guys?"... you can't argue that. That's my main point.... just look.
  13. Souleater

One possible reason they aren't hunting is the weapon they are being killed by. It has a very long effective range so could be a long way outside of the base in many directions.

experienced players will see the top end rifles normally used for long range sniping, while newbies will simply see a sniper rifle and come to the same conclusion - the enemy is probably outside firing in at them.

Had they been killed by an SMG I think they would have been much more likely to hunt the base.

in particular, look at those kills where the shooter is behind the Target shooting at them from the base the just took. Easy enough to assume that the shoots are coming from the front line ahead or the flanks.
  14. ThunderDud

Quick question on tower infiltration. How do you guys get a sense of when to move? For other FPS it was when I had killed about 3 guys or fired 4 shots. I wanted to know if a similar formula would work or you guys had something better in mind?
  15. A 59 c

Great video RedD3vil, you are a total BEAST with that SMG :D
    Hope you post some more vids.
  16. Kilimarr

It was situations like this i thought the nano cloak was for when i started playing inf, which was why i wasted alot of certs in it lol.

On a different note, does anyone ever use nano cloak for anything at all?
  17. Scan

Mission accomplished.

But no vid recorded. :(

This evening I was on Xroads tower, held by the VS. There were many there. I didn't count them, but easily over 24. (more like approaching 100)

You can check my killboard if you want. Jul 2: 9:54:05 PM (CET) to 10:03:39 PM.

https://players.planetside2.com/#!/5428069961292568561/killboard

Had a streak of 30 kills. Destroyed 1 Lightning tank (10:00:55) and shot 3 turret engineers.

So... I suppose that's 40 points?

As far as my being at a tower goes.... you'll just have to take my word for it.

I wouldn't lie about this. ;)
    • Up x 1
  18. Vaphell

If i saw inf murdering people left and right, i'd put stacked betties in the yellow lift asap. It's a nobrainer, mine the lift and you shutdown the whole "up, down, camp under the platform" business.
  19. Scan

Maybe that proposed new suitslot won't be as worthless after all then...
  20. Granderil

Jaeger's crossing 25 min 40 points. But i still have some moments in this video i'm embarrassed about.
    Tried to end my killing streak with sunderer kill, unfortunately NC max was near terminal :(
    After that assignment i remember all watchtower's by names and know their locations
    • Up x 1