Game Updates and the VS Favoritism

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by CptFirelord, Jul 2, 2013.

1. Enxel

I'm cant help to feel sorry for those how get killed by an Magrider at long range, being destroying by a slow bathtub with slow shooting cannon with huge drop and low dmg, i guess standing still or moving bit by bit in an predictable direction is all they could process, because i cant remember the last time i killed a tank at long range that was using cover properly. The "Snipe tank" part you are referring is long buried with the Saron revision.

I can hit long range targets and i don't care about the drop, but the Mag is no sniper tank.
    • Up x 4
  2. Hoki

Having the faction color of BLACK is still what makes them the most OP in infantry fights unless its high noon.

Honestly flash suppressor shouldn't even be available to VS, luckily nobody uses it.
  3. Roy Teppert

I like how you say "end qq", then proceed to qq.
  4. Van Dax

It may seem like favoritism to you but to anyone paying attention its just the VS not being swept under the rug.
  5. starlinvf

Few things about game balance

- TR was severely over-powered at launch. This was a direct result of their performance in beta against the NC.
    - NC was severely under-powered at launch. This was a direct result of their performance in beta against the TR.
    - VS averaged the lowest pop across the game. They've had a hand full of OP weapons that were largely kept in check due to their lower pops. This was actually a problem as their ES weapons essentially scaled best by population, while the other 2 empires scaled directly by situation.

TR and NC changes tend to go hand in hand since these 2 factions fight each other the most. TR had to be tweaked constantly due to a fundamental mechanical advantage, and it wasn't until flinch mechanics came to light that balance changes actually started working as intended. VS on the other hand spend most of their time under the radar, having a strong tendency to stick with their most powerful weapons to stay competitive against the larger opposition. Now that VS pops are normalizing relative to the other empires, the strength of their weapons are starting to become more prominent. (And no, the changes made to the damage drop off hadn't changed anything about how the weapons performed)

As for the ZOE, that suffered from poor testing. Conceptually the speed boost, damage boost, and vulnerability is a good setup.... what wasn't was the values they used. The damage boost was too high, and the movement speed outweighed the vulnerability, leading to an OP mechanic. The immediate alternative was Jump jets.... which could never be properly balanced with the TTKs in this game. So they were faced with a problem.... if it wasn't enough of an advantage, they'd never use it. And anything that does give them an advantage, they abuse as much as possible.

So if you ask why the VS is getting so much attention now? Its simply because the NC and TR are close enough as a competitive whole to start bringing the VS in line with them. (TR are still mechanically OP in a lot of places, but they are heavily offset by how disproportionally bad their players are)
  6. that_darn_lurker

The glancer and vortex say hi.
  7. LightningWolfTigrBer

First update I've looked forward to in quite awhile, and already people are ******** about imbalance. Maybe wait and see how it plays out before getting your panties in a bunch, or would that just be too much to ask?
    You can say the same thing about the Vanguard with an Enforcer gunner, which has the added bonus of a far more reliable main gun and a shield to soak up any shells that might land. If we were talking about the original Mag you might have a point, but the current incarnation isn't the long range sniping beast you're making it out to be.
    • Up x 1
  8. treeHamster

VS don't get nerfs? Check out the Lasher. It's no longer a hip fire weapon which was it's only practical use for anything but group fire.

Also VS ES infantry weapons work well only when used in groups (Flasher, Prancer, Poortex). Go ahead and TRY to find a video where you have more than 2 or 3 people with a Lasher in the same place at the same time. There is only one video (it was like 10 people). Prancers and Poortex's only end up getting used in places like Quartz Ridge/Indar Excavation battles (or similar long range vehicle engagements where Infantry can viably assist).

I have a Prancer and run with that mainly when using my HA and I can honestly say it's hard to find someone else with one when you're running around in the field.

Now all the small arms (not counting ESL's) are all similar enough that they're all within reasonable margins. However, if you look at vehicle weapons (not counting the Saron), the VS have the crappiest weapons overall. The PPA is given to ALL vehicles and it's really an awful weapon (which is why you NEVER see one). Overall, if you look VS ES weapons generally fall behind TR and NC in stats even though we have more targets to shoot at.

Also, check out when the ESL's were released. The Phoenix one shotted all infantry and the Striker was nearly as good as it was today. The Prancer, on the other hand, had a trigger delay, terrible damage falloff, a HORRIBLE CoF (couldn't hit a target outside of 100m), almost no damage, couldn't hip <-> ADS once you started charging, and on top of ALL of that it had a charge up mechanic that was bugged (and is still bugged).
    • Up x 3
  9. that_darn_lurker

I actually think the lasher is better now, but maybe that's just my playstyle. Its a lot less situational now IMO. I've won plenty of straight-up close to medium range engagements with it, plus its range is extended. I used to hip fire with it too, but it made little sense that hip fire was more accurate than ADS to begin with. ADS now performs much like the old hip fire did.
    • Up x 1
  10. Mongychops

OP can see that the GU02 magrider nerf (and prowler/vanguard buff) was needed because at release it was severely OP compared in MBT combat, but fails to apply the same reasoning that maybe other things were OP at launch (eg HE prowler, hackMAX), or indeed UP (eg no bullet drop being rated too highly in weapon balancing on weapons where bullet drop is not relevant, VS MAX weapons, lancer on release).
  11. treeHamster

The switch made it worse at CQC which ironically is why they switched the accuracy to CQC (for some reason they thing ADS is how you're suppose to fight at spitting distance). I liked it before because you could see what you were shooting at. Also the bloom on the CoF is higher now than it was before. Also, when you hip fire you don't have any recoil to deal with unlike when you ADS where you have recoil. Hip fire was why the Lasher was useful.
  12. DoomBlackDragon

it funny how derps want to ***** about the must underpower faction being op. When reality they just suck at the game. News Flash VS is an underdog so we get a lot of skilled players to play on our side. We do not spray and pray lmg at 100 Meters out and then go whining on the forums that our factions is underpower. Not like how a single minigun can just kill 30 players in 2 seconds.

Maybe if we want balance. We should stop the nerfing and buffing. Set up a neutral set of rules.

Like NC guns do 300 damage per bullet. While their bullets fire at a 1 bullet per second.
    VS guns do 150 damage per bullet and fire 2 bullets per second.
    TR guns do 100 damage per bellet and fires 3 bullets per second.

I am not even try to give an example of a balance recoil idea because the community does not want it. No the TR want their guns to do the same amount of damage per bullet as the VS. Have less recoil then the VS. While having a faster RoF and a larger clip. With quicker reload time.

Really you QQ about the VS having some nice toys when 90% of your stuff is op. Yet the VS do not go off streaming nerf even thou we can look at the gun stats. Then again what should I expect when the lead combat programmer is a TR fan boy.
  13. that_darn_lurker

I never used it in CQC. It was always suicidal for me, but you probably run with flak armor 5 I imagine. I always used it for much longer engagements, but now I'm finding it viable in short and mid engagement too. The recoil doesn't much bother me. To each his own I guess. I wouldn't give up on it. Treat it like a new weapon that you have to learn all over again.
  14. DoomBlackDragon

@Hoki I do agree. The NC Phoenix should be replaces with the Bad Company 2 M136 AT4 rocket. Hate how they can just sit in their spawn firing rockets out and racking up the kills.
  15. The King

OP is on Matterson..
    Where the VS is overpopulated. Of course the VS will seem overpowered since they have so much more than you.
    Cannot balance based on population.

The nose gun is uber slow on the VS plane...It was near worthless compared to both NC and TRs..
    • Up x 4
  16. DoomBlackDragon

Agree with this. Waterson we have the smallest pop and we have to really fight to push the TR/NC back. Maybe if firelord would jump on Waterson and see how population works. Then he can truly tell that the VS is not op.
    • Up x 1
  17. IamDH

TR get easy stuff dont lie
    • Up x 2
  18. 1Jammie1

This is a very two way discussion between you heretics and daddy oppression. Just letting you know freedom is still here waiting to have a max that is viable in any way apart from when I'm in your face.
  19. The King

He may think they're more OP since VS on Waterson is way used to fighting as way underpopulated and NC and TR comment
    ~"I don't know how they do it, they're usually underpopulated, but when an alert comes and when the VS do come close to our population, they tend to kick our *****."
    Since we really have to rely on our team and communication. And for the most part, most of the time we listen and aid when it is needed.
    lol

I agree, was surprised that all of their weapons were shotguns..
    I guess the slugs may help, but really, the NC needs some sort of chaingun thing on their arms.
    But then people will complain more stating that NC have much more variety than the other two factions.
    I think eventually, it'll happen, but they'll introduce two new weapons which will be for short range for the TR and VS.... that's not for anti vehicle.
    • Up x 1
  20. DoomBlackDragon

it is true. Waterson has some epic players. We kick *** with the worse gear in the game.
    • Up x 1