[Suggestion] Player owned House

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by ReformerTR, Jul 2, 2013.

1. ReformerTR

I think this would really boost the MMO experience. You could invite friends from your outfit over and show them your trophies.

Also SOE could sell items for your house and upgrades like a Mini VR training. And decorations such as a mirror so you could see how your character looks. Some pictures for the wall maybe Dolphins or wolves? (Chicks love wolves) and maybe even a front door?

what you guys think?
    • Up x 1
  2. faykid

so, thousands of little cottages all over Indar? interesting...
  3. Eyeklops

Only if they can be blown up. I like having more stuff to blow up.
    • Up x 1
  4. KAHR-Alpha

Can I have a mini biolab with biological weapons inside?
  5. Seron

No.... player housing does not fit with an MMO FPS at all.. And inviting ppl to show them trophies? is that code for some unspeakable act?

In any case i believe you would feel better in http://www.hellokittyonline.com/
    • Up x 1
  6. Torok

what the **** :D
  7. Ash87

I'm reminded of a certain skyrim video... That I'm about 90% sure is against forum rules.

...I'm pretty sure "Trophies" "Skyrim" "Cottage" should cue people in enough to find it on youtube.
    • Up x 1
  8. AggressiveDonkey

The idea of having you're own personal space is pretty cool, but having a house is a little... needless.

What I think would be better is if Outfits that have enough points could buy their own plot somewhere in a sanctuary (whenever we get those) where you can set up your own personal bunk where people can see all your achievements and trophies.
  9. Kristan

Dude, EverQuest 2 is the next door!
    • Up x 1
  10. Jachim

Animal Crossing: Planetside 2 edition!

THIS MUST OCCUR.:>
  11. Kevorkian

My max is my house.
  12. Kristan

Well devs promised players built bases and outposts for outfits. But not houses.

As long as you can't have house in PS2, have some here.

13. FateJH

Hm. Terminals for changing classes, lockers for restocking and changing loadouts, and persistent class states? It might add an interesting preparation stage before base captures and a moderation stage during base captures. Imagine emptying your weapon and respawning without any bullets in it, and every time after that until you actually visit an owned locker.

At the rate this game is going, external personalization - things not characters or vehicles - seems wasteful, especially without a Sanctuary (no, I am not advocating). At the very least, I'd say the only useful external personalization should be to base turrets, i.e., upgrades when repaired or manned by a certain player.
  14. xArchAngelx

*facepalm*

You idiot...its not called a house in PS2...they are Barracks! DUH!...and they should be in the warpgate!
  15. phreec

Only if they implement hidden basement space for all my daughters and granddaughters.

Hey don't judge, gotta keep the NC populated somehow!
  16. Chowley

Tatooine swg? :D
  17. maxkeiser

Is this some kind of sick joke?
  18. MiZrY

I don't know about you, but when I am looking to buy a home...... I tend to steer clear of war zones. Good luck ever getting insurance on such a house.
    • Up x 1
  19. RoMoronik666

I want a shed
  20. Stingrayl

My good... WTF ? This is not the Sims lady.