[Suggestion] Time to balance the Striker?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Elia Chobanov, Jul 1, 2013.

1. Elia Chobanov

Nah ah. Other RLs can be dodged. I know because I have used them all. I'm not talkin :eek: out of my a$$.
  2. Crayv

My accuracy with a Decimator is only 1% lower than my accuracy with the Striker. For being a "non-skilled aimbot" weapon it sure does miss a lot.
    • Up x 1
  3. Alanim

I think the main concern with the striker is the lock-on time.

TR deal with 5+5+5 second lock-on times before they have start getting hit.

Meanwhile

NC/VS deal with 2.5+5+.2.5 second lock-on times before they start getting hit.

This isn't so bad when you''ve only got 1 TR striker, but when you have 2-3 TR strikers it becomes awful to fight against.
  4. Nobalification

Every gun is op when is uses by more than 2 ppls (sry for English i do my best).
  5. SgtBreastroker

You don't feel anything is wrong when it does 3x more damage than the NC Phoenix? A faction who's trait is hard hitting?
  6. Nobalification

3x dmg more? lol? this is lie omg i try it yesterday omg. Stop hate everything what you dont have or i start hate. . .
  7. Zotamedu

8. SgtBreastroker

I have the ESRL's on all my characters.

Let's compare here.
    Striker (TR)
    Pros
    - 2500 damage
    - Full volley takes an ESF into the red
    - Ignores terrain
    - Often ignores
    - Ridiculous lock on range
    - Can move when locking on

Cons
    - Can't be dumbfired

Phoenix (NC)
    Pros
    - Can be controlled

Cons
    - Can't dumbfire
    - Long reload time
    - 300m range
    - User can't move once fired
    - Slow (Galaxy can outfly it)
    - Shines brighter than a blue star
    - Loud
    - Heavy maneuverability
    - 750 damage

What do you see here?
  9. Nobalification

Yeah you are right. 2500 damage. But try it. Its not 5x500=2500 but only 5x300=1500.
  10. Eclipson

Its already getting with the lock-on changes in GU13. Now its gonna be easily avoidable by any semi-skilled pilot. I will have to keep my reticle on your ESF the entire duration of the flight of the missle, so you can just fly behind terrain, it spots me on the min map, so you know where I am and can come kill me, it show my missle on the mini map, so you know exactly where you can go to dodge it, it will have a much slower lock on time at long ranges, and it it will only last for 5 seconds, and then disappear. Do you want to keep complaining about the Striker now? Because it, and all other Lock ons are getting nerfed pretty hard.
  11. xArchAngelx

This was posted on Reddit by NeonTrigger:

http://www.reddit.com/r/Planetside/comments/1hfk62/as_i_understand_it_a_completely_unbiased_view_of/

The Striker is fine and it is our ESRL. We hate ya'lls ESRLs too, but we aren't calling for massive nerfs for them. So please just leave ours alone.

Ya'll whined too much when we first got it because it locked on too fast, so they nerfed the locking time. Then you whined about us being able to lock on turrets, so they nerfed it. Now the only thing that makes our Empire Specific Rocket Launcher different than any other lock on is the fact that it has 5 rockets, and on the contrary to what ya'll say, not all of them hit. Don't ya'll ever stop whining??
    • Up x 1
  12. Mxiter

Some people that ignore how them weapons works...
    Striker deals 500 damages/ rockets so 2500 damages/volley to ground
    Aircrafts have 50% lock on resistcance, so 250 damages/rocket or1250 damages/volley agaist air (removes around 1/3 of an ESF health/volley, far to be into red).

Striker (TR)
    Pros
    - 2500 damage to ground and 1250 to air
    - Full volley takes an ESF into 1/3Hp
    - Ignores terrain=>Bugged?
    - Normal lock on range (same than G2A and G2G)
    - Can move when locking on

Cons
    -Low DPS.
    - Can't be dumbfired.
    -Require minimum 7.5 sec LOS to lock and fires all its rockets.
    -Need to keep LOS if the target it over 300m and moving.
    -Low DPS.
    -Environnement can break the lock acquisition.

Phoenix (NC)
    Pros
    -2000 Damages/shot against vehicles. (deci damages)
    -Can be fired form cover and spawn room.
    -Can hit beind obstacles.
    -Can OS an ESF.
    -Can be dumbire by pressing "e" just after firing

Cons
    -Can be dumbire by pressing "e" just after firing.
    - Low DPS.
    - 300m range.
    - User can't move once fired. (nullified by can be fired from cover and spawn room)
    - Slow (Galaxy can outfly it).
    - Supposed to be counterable (happens 0.005% of times).
    -750 damages agaist infantries.

Wait for lock-on changes that SOE plan before Crying for nerf.
  13. Ash87

Yeah, as Mxiter said... we really need to see how the Lockon changes effect things before calling for nerfs
  14. Ash87

Well yes, because to get that 2,500 damage, you have to make sure each and every rocket hits the target, you have to track each missile on target and maintain lock the whole time to drain the clip...

So now you have to fire and hope that you aren't firing a dud, or hope they don't pop flares, or that they don't hit afterburners (Because reavers can outrun missiles with a sufficient head start and Afterburners).

After the ESF patch you have to track your target the time it takes for the missile to hit your target, and hope they don't have flares, and hope that they don't have friends who then pinpoint and come after you, and hop your not firing a dud.

If you only land 4 of the rockets, you are on par with the phoenix. If you land under 4, your under par.

Conversely, your missile has no warning before it hits what-so-ever. It's flying, and then it hits.
  15. Locke

The Phoenix and the Striker are a pretty terrible comparison when talking about AA ability. The Phoenix is really only useful for hitting low skill hovering lolpodders or slow circling liberators/galaxies as an AA option.
  16. Mxiter

wow you have some trouble with rockets launchers datas:
    Shrike = 1700 damages
    Hawk/Crow = 1500 damage to ground and 750 to aircrafts.

Far from what u said (Hawk/crow 3 times less damages than shrike...)
    Well until the striker user is exposed durin a pretty long moment and can be countrer by a simple button, i don't see issue.
    More risks for often less direct results mostly effective at deterrance.
    Finally, the phoenix get more kills/h, more vehicles kills/h and more XP/hour than most of rocket launchers.

Yes you needs 3 hawk/crowd users to deals as much damages than 2 strikers users, the difference is that ESF will be destroyed in 5 sec (2.5 sec to lock + 2.5 sec to hit) while it will took around 10 (2.5 to lock + 5 to fire + 2.5 to hit) with strikers and even more if the target is farther than 300m because striker's user need to keep LOS over 3 sec (striker is 3 sec fire and forget only).

ESF pilots complaining to be killed by strikers are the sames that are complaning about being killed by vulcain or Phoenix: they do it wrong and don't want to admit it, so comes to forumside to call for nerfs.
  17. Nobalification

but lock on timer on striker is about 5 seconds.
  18. Mxiter

As subjective that telling that Striker have better DPS than G2A or G2G, it depends of the range (and will depends about it much more with the future lock-on system)
  19. Mxiter

DPS =/= TTK.
  20. NC_agent00kevin

So much this. Air belongs in zones with no enemies, and has absolutely no place in a battle.